PDA

View Full Version : If you are having issues joining/disconnecting from game...

MattD
19th Jan 2006, 15:07
The reason that this is happening is most likley due to your router. Different routers have difficulty communicating with each other in online play. The best alternative would be to connect your console directly to your land line.

I played at work yesterday, on our corporate network, and experienced many of the issues that are being reported here. When I went home, I connected my console directly to my land line, and I played for 2 hours without any error messages, or being disconnected from a game.

There is also an approved router list, so a secondary alternative to connecting directly to your land line is to use one of the routers on the list.

The following is a list of approved and unapproved routers for 25 to Life.

Approved Routers:

* Linksys WRT54g: FW 4.20.7
* Netgear RP614v2: FW 5.20
* DLink DI-604: FW 3.51
* Netgear WGR614v4 FW5.0_07
* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:
* Linksys WCG200: FW Standard

onlineWarrior
19th Jan 2006, 18:41
Does that mean it wont work or that it may not work? What if people get updated firmware for a router or try to change settings in the router?

are there any ports you can open? what about disabling firewalls?

lots of people have windows firewall on as a default, plus they have some firewall with their anti-virus, plus they'll have a firewall on in the router, and not realize they have all that crap in the way of the game. turn 2 out of 3 of those off, or make sure they're all configured right!!

If anyone's got specific routers that didn't work, and can explain how they made it work, PLEASE POST!!

any other more tech suggestions on how to get around a router? hopefully you shouldn't have to plug and unplug your whole network :thumbsup: every time you want to do something.

connmen
19th Jan 2006, 18:45
Nah, it's not the routers. Most people use the routers that are approved -- and lots are plugging directly in.

When this many people are experiencing trouble, it is the servers at fault.

Since this underrated game has already gotten some very nasty reviews, it's probably advisable that Eidos gets working on fixing those servers!

chicagodave
19th Jan 2006, 19:17
i have a very fast conection and i tried directly without my router and i did stay on a bit more but i still got discn a few times. its a server issue.

also a comment other games that offer more people online like battlefield2 which holds 24 players do not have these kinds of problems.

my console is ps2 and i have a cable conection. i play other ps2 online games and do not experience these types of problems

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 19:54
What is a land line?

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 19:57
The reason that this is happening is most likley due to your router. Different routers have difficulty communicating with each other in online play. The best alternative would be to connect your console directly to your land line.

I played at work yesterday, on our corporate network, and experienced many of the issues that are being reported here. When I went home, I connected my console directly to my land line, and I played for 2 hours without any error messages, or being disconnected from a game.

There is also an approved router list, so a secondary alternative to connecting directly to your land line is to use one of the routers on the list.

The following is a list of approved and unapproved routers for 25 to Life.

Approved Routers:

* Linksys WRT54g: FW 4.20.7
* Netgear RP614v2: FW 5.20
* DLink DI-604: FW 3.51
* Netgear WGR614v4 FW5.0_07
* Linksys BEFSRv3:
* Linksys BEFSRv1:
* Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers:

* Belkin F5D6231-4:
* Linksys WCG200: FW Standard
This is the router I have and am still having the connection problems. Any suggestions?

ST34LTH
20th Jan 2006, 02:23
i have a hub.... it's a netgear... but that's stupid cuz i can't direct connect.. no tv in the comp room.. cuz my comp goes to the hub then a line into a wall then a cord and jack on the wall for ethernet and then i plug my ethernet there and then into my ps2.... you guys need to fix it... cuz it's not the routers never had this problem before

Holdin it Down
20th Jan 2006, 03:08
o thats it? your not going to fix the servers but instead just tell us to direct connect. That invovles me buying a 100ft ehternet cord and tunneling it through my ventilation systems. Ill pass and return the game. Thanks for the efffort though........

ST34LTH
20th Jan 2006, 05:09
o thats it? your not going to fix the servers but instead just tell us to direct connect. That invovles me buying a 100ft ehternet cord and tunneling it through my ventilation systems. Ill pass and return the game. Thanks for the efffort though........
exactly i'm done w/ this game if **** don't get fixed.........i'm sorry but this amazingly rediculious... i was using my hub at 3 central and now durnig the night i can't even think about playing, it is your servers this is just a cover up it has to be.. and if it really isn't which it is were all not niave and if u not fixinig so long and i'll never even think about buying and eidos game ever

onthefence
20th Jan 2006, 06:41
Ya see the pattern here MATT? People are pissed!!! I purchased an EIDOS product that says "online enabled". If the servers are not corrected with more than "your router is to blame" when you have been told from many of us that we are not using router and if we are they are approved per your FAQ then pack up your router's, send them back to were you purchased them and buy different ones. That or fix em...if they aren't fixed soon...the product that EIDOS sold us is defective as well as it falsely advertises "online enabled". I see a mass recall of this product or a class action suit coming to a courthouse near EIDOS.

I can see an Attorney picking up on this one quick...how many people out there are tired of getting ripped off by game developers that make false claims. Then sell that product thru a retailer that refuses to accept a return of a product that has been "opened".

I know I am...

Despair
20th Jan 2006, 15:46
I agree, this problem goes beyond routers. There must be server issues causing this.

connmen
20th Jan 2006, 18:23
It's funny. I actually did get an email about signing up for a class action suit against Eidos on this but that seems premature.

Hell, the game is really good when playable. Let's hope they make it playable.

viZZiOn
20th Jan 2006, 19:55
could have sworn i allready made a post here, but oh well, anyway, why is it that my router only ruins 25 to life? ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER GAME I PLAY ONLINE HAS THESE PROBLEMS

server maitenence anyone?

tonycash
21st Jan 2006, 06:16
I play socom 3, battlefield2,nfl2k5,mlb2k5,thirteen ,ect. All the time
and never have any trouble. My ''aproved'' router does'nt have nothing to do with the problem .It's simply the servers! Come on EIDOS, this is very disrespectfull for the whole online gaming community. A whole year of anticipation...hmmm... :mad: Ok, when you get to enter a session and play, the game itself is absolutely great. but the server is totally a disaster... If you guys patch it up soon and show that you care about the quality of your product, you will regain interest and RESPECT for future games created by your company. :)

THANK YOU..

UnLuCkY
21st Jan 2006, 14:03
i currently have comcast high speed cable .. hooked up directly .. i get booted/stalled/kicked out of god knows how many rooms .. i am defiently signing up for any class act suit if this is not fixed soon ..

Sidahg80
21st Jan 2006, 23:26
Lets not jump off the bridge just yet. It is acceptable to have problems early on lets just hope they fix it within a reasonable time period.

Xcom
22nd Jan 2006, 01:00
I think mr. "Holding it Down" desperately needs some time off, to re-think his posting style. See ya in 3 days. ;)

/\/\ERC-4-}-{IRE
22nd Jan 2006, 01:16
I have no Router, My Modem is Hard Wired directly into my PS2...... So now what Eidos???, HUH? No anwser?.

I hope you got your Crack team of Programmers working the weeked to get this fixed, Other wise your going to have a lot of people pissed with you and you'll fall into Bankurptcy, which everyone knows you are about to because you haven't had a top selling game since PS1.

I'll tell you what if you think anyone is even going to touch you upcoming Tomb Raider game after this ordeal your crazy. :mad:

Killa_Marr
22nd Jan 2006, 01:51
I think mr. "Holding it Down" desperately needs some time off, to re-think his posting style. See ya in 3 days.

Same thing for mr. Killa_Marr.

If you can't post in a reasonable manner despite the problems your having then don't post.

~@m

AnarchyRising
22nd Jan 2006, 05:34
dude all this crap happening has nothing to do with yer router .. dont listen to this wrong information ... ive never had one single problem with a router issue with any game, eidos isn't that special

thC
23rd Jan 2006, 04:50
first off i want to say i enjoy this game...and id like to ask every person out there that *****es about this game a few questions.
can you tell me a game from any company that doesnt have some ****ed up things about it? programming has its bugs...it could be web language or games..it doesnt matter theres boudn to be problems..a little bit of messed up code..whatever the game was just released give them a few days to get a patch out to fix the problems..i mean take counter strike for example. a great game one of the popular games known to the gaming world..but hasnt it had its fair share of problems? you people ***** ***** ***** and moan..but what would you do in the situation? im sure eidos is working to fix the problems.. nothing is instant it takes time and money and sweat and probabley alot of blisters on peoples fingers..what im basically saying is every game has its flaws that need to be fixed..and im sure they will be..give it time..atleast a few weeks..has any of you ever looked at a games decompiled code?? you know how long that is? stop being idiotic pricks and calm down..give them a few days to get things fixed before you start talking lawsuits..and a lawsuit would never hold up..its a game people..you cant sue cause of a technical difficulty..you gonna take a server to court?..**** happens people..live with it..atleast you can play. i will admit getting session errors and getting booted off games and not being able to join games i was just in and not being able to access my gang section annoys the hell out of me..but i live with it..i know that it will be fixed..nothing is perfect.
so hats off to the programmers at eidos for they're work and hats off to you web mods and admins for dealing with these crying girls.
and another thing..every game has routers it doesnt support....routers are peices of electronic equipment just like the servers that run the multiplayer..different goals..but generally the same thing...think about it guys..you actually think all this crying and moaning is going to speed things up?

connmen
23rd Jan 2006, 05:00
^^^ This is fair comment, THC, but we're not talking about some issues affecting the ability to play the game. We are talking about issues making the unable to be played.

I don't think I've yet to "leave" a game. I, as most others, keep getting booted, server failures and disconnects.

More communication from Eidos would be appreciated. Even the latest communication is reductive of the widespread issues at hand.

onthefence
23rd Jan 2006, 05:34
thC, you need to read between the lines...it's call "english comprehension". The majority of the post are not bashing the product, but the LACK OF SUPPORT. We have every right to complain...we bought a product that the developer shipped.

Yeah there's problems that I hope eidos are working on...but they have not, until recently, said they had a problem. Instead they said we had the problem...unapproved routers, unopened ports, the fact that we bought their game etc.

So learn to read between the lines and get back to work on those servers...

Beach Head
26th Jan 2006, 19:27
Its not the damn router! I don't even have a router! My PC is connected to Road Runner and my computer is up to date. I get a 10 ping on Counter-Strike Source and almost the same in Battlefield 2. Fix those damn servers Eidos!! This game could have unseated Counter-Strike if the graphics and aiming were much better. Its still looks fun but I can't even login to play.