PDA

View Full Version : Patch?

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 01:52
There needs to be a patch for all of the booting and people unable to join games. Please look into this.

slimSiN
19th Jan 2006, 02:09
I agree. 75% of the games I join make me reboot.. There also has to be some type of online lobby. You should also be able to switch weapons during games.

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 03:08
As long as they fix this ****ing connection issue. I have been booted off the game and am not able to join rooms at all. Out of the 4 rooms I have tried to join I was rejected by all because of the server. Please update us on this issue. On the contrary the game is great if the servers are fixed it beats your competitor(SOCOM 3) in my mind. Great job keep it up guys.

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 03:21
One more thing if this connection issue keeps up I can guarentee you will lose a lot of people because they won't be willing to play under these conditions.

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 03:52
http://forums.gamebattles.com/t/541676.html

Just an example from the gaming site I play on.

Browse through some other topics. They are complaining too. Please help us.

Enigmajk
19th Jan 2006, 04:10
I could only get into about one or two servers alot of people on there are saying we do need a patch.

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 04:10
http://forums.gamebattles.com/t/541680.html

And another..

conflict
19th Jan 2006, 06:06
its a new game the online a little buggy give it a few days.

Mike_B
19th Jan 2006, 15:16
The thread belongs in the technical forum, additionaly I changed the title as it was misleading.

Also if you want to be heard, Clumsyorchid has previously stated that it's best to include as much information. E.g. which system, your connection type and send a support ticket to Eidos tech support as well. However if you want to be heard it's best to write this in a formal manner and not why won't this ******** work etc ;)

chicagodave
19th Jan 2006, 15:37
The thread belongs in the technical forum, additionaly I changed the title as it was misleading.

Also if you want to be heard, Clumsyorchid has previously stated that it's best to include as much information. E.g. which system, your connection type and send a support ticket to Eidos tech support as well. However if you want to be heard it's best to write this in a formal manner and not why won't this ******** work etc ;)

system: ps2

conection: cable

i have a very fast connection i got discnt several times. many people where having the same problem. lets hope they can fix the server issues, the game is really fun.

MattD
19th Jan 2006, 18:28
The issues are most likley being caused by your router. I stickied a thread at the top of this forum that explains how to get around it.

Once I bypassed my router I played for 2 hours without any problems last night.

schu70
19th Jan 2006, 21:10
The issues are most likley being caused by your router. I stickied a thread at the top of this forum that explains how to get around it.

Once I bypassed my router I played for 2 hours without any problems last night.

Matt - I love the game but EIDOS position on routers is a bit shocking/limited. I work in IT and all routers can be "tweaked" to work with broadband gaming OR the game can be patched to address packeting/fragmenting issues.

I used my router early yesterday, no issues. Gaming appeared flawless. By 8PM EST, the game was useless as the on-line numbers shot up.

FYI - regarding the router list. There needs to be more information provided on the some of the routers as some have multiple versions. Some were addressed (v1, v2) but others were not.

Again, I love the game so I can wait for server stability.

PS - the web site interface is great. Compared to other games it is top notch.

chicagodave
19th Jan 2006, 21:40
Matt - I love the game but EIDOS position on routers is a bit shocking/limited. I work in IT and all routers can be "tweaked" to work with broadband gaming OR the game can be patched to address packeting/fragmenting issues.

I used my router early yesterday, no issues. Gaming appeared flawless. By 8PM EST, the game was useless as the on-line numbers shot up.

FYI - regarding the router list. There needs to be more information provided on the some of the routers as some have multiple versions. Some were addressed (v1, v2) but others were not.

Again, I love the game so I can wait for server stability.

PS - the web site interface is great. Compared to other games it is top notch.

excellent post, he pretty much summoned up everything tech support needs to know.

RuNe
19th Jan 2006, 22:47
excellent post, he pretty much summoned up everything tech support needs to know.
These ****ing servers blow. Get to work.

Draztyk
19th Jan 2006, 23:49
its a new game the online a little buggy give it a few days.
thats what was said about blackhawk down and still they have no rank system and if you guys are gonna push back a game almost a year i think these problems should have been taken care of b4 the game was out shold have made a beta online version to send out and test the servers

SS_CUBS
20th Jan 2006, 02:08
Ive played on my router and off, The same problems occur. I notice way more loading problems then anything. The anmation backdrop seems to slow things up. And when your in a server waithing for a new round it can take what seems like forever. The game is awsome. Ive also noticed that sometimes only a few servers show up when i search.

Draztyk
20th Jan 2006, 02:15
This Game Is Really Starting To Be A Let Down I Have Eagerly Waited Since Spring 05 For This And I Run A Grafix Site And Alot Of People Arent Happy

AnarchyRising
20th Jan 2006, 02:58
50% of the people can't play on MP servers, the other 50% can't get Singleplayer to work from Direct2Drive... I'm waiting for a dev to blame the government or something

At this point I'd accept it. It would at "least" be a response from someone other than a moderator.

lude
20th Jan 2006, 03:32

if you guys ever want business from any of us i think you guys would figure the problem out .....

onthefence
20th Jan 2006, 04:20
A video showcasing the problems we are having:
http://media.putfile.com/25-TO-LIFE-FOR-EIDOS-

GeNtLe
20th Jan 2006, 04:24
Buy some real servers like socom. I dont care if we cant log on for 3 days as long as the servers are the fixed I will be happy. I know a lot of people who will buy this game if you buy better servers. If you dont, I would expect people with common sense to never buy another one of your games for the online play again.

RuNe
20th Jan 2006, 04:26
Buy some real servers like socom. I dont care if we cant log on for 3 days as long as the servers are the fixed I will be happy. I know a lot of people who will buy this game if you buy better servers. If you dont, I would expect people with common sense to never buy another one of your games for the online play again.
Exactly, I can guarentee this company I will not be buying another one of their products ever if they don't get these servers fixed.

Mike_B
20th Jan 2006, 10:23
if you guys ever want business from any of us i think you guys would figure the problem out .....

I don't work for Eidos, just a volunteer. But I do hope it get's fixed obviously.

schu70
20th Jan 2006, 11:17
thats what was said about blackhawk down and still they have no rank system and if you guys are gonna push back a game almost a year i think these problems should have been taken care of b4 the game was out shold have made a beta online version to send out and test the servers

FYI - from what I've read the game was not pushed back for developement purposes, the game we all bought a few days back is the same one that was ready for release in Spring of last year (05). There were political forces that were trying to prevent the release of the game due to its violent nature towards the police. Hope that helps.

malice
20th Jan 2006, 12:11
schu70, as this game is peer-to-peer, a player needs to establish a connection to every other player. Normally, every router work fine when your computer is attempting an outbound connection. But router security normally should prevent inbound connection, as these are interpreted as if someone would attempt to hack your home network.

P2P games are trying to fool the router by tricking its inbound connection security. It works most of the time. As there is 4 levels of router security (1 to 4, 4 being the most secure), any game that includes a player with a router 1 or 2 should be running fine. On the flip side, if ALL player participating in a game session own secured routers (3 or 4), then connection problems happens. Every P2P application have this limitation. (games, gnutella, etc.) That's why some routers are approved and others don't. (Even Xbox Live have a list of not supported router because they are too secure!) Some apps filter the online population so that you don't see sessions that will have you experience problems if you're joined into that group. If you want to read more, search for "NAT traversal" on Google...

If you are playing 25 to Life and experiencing problems, try joining other groups of players. If you find one that work well, stick with it for a while. If it's always working fine with the group, then it's a NAT-related issue. If, with the same opponents, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, then it's another problem...

BTW, I'm not working for Eidos, but I'm a bit knowledgeable in network programming...

--malice

lude
20th Jan 2006, 13:50
I don't work for Eidos, just a volunteer. But I do hope it get's fixed obviously.
o ok sorry :) but tell them to fix it soon or im taking it back i got like 4 days till i can

schu70
20th Jan 2006, 17:26
schu70, as this game is peer-to-peer, a player needs to establish a connection to every other player. Normally, every router work fine when your computer is attempting an outbound connection. But router security normally should prevent inbound connection, as these are interpreted as if someone would attempt to hack your home network.

P2P games are trying to fool the router by tricking its inbound connection security. It works most of the time. As there is 4 levels of router security (1 to 4, 4 being the most secure), any game that includes a player with a router 1 or 2 should be running fine. On the flip side, if ALL player participating in a game session own secured routers (3 or 4), then connection problems happens. Every P2P application have this limitation. (games, gnutella, etc.) That's why some routers are approved and others don't. (Even Xbox Live have a list of not supported router because they are too secure!) Some apps filter the online population so that you don't see sessions that will have you experience problems if you're joined into that group. If you want to read more, search for "NAT traversal" on Google...

If you are playing 25 to Life and experiencing problems, try joining other groups of players. If you find one that work well, stick with it for a while. If it's always working fine with the group, then it's a NAT-related issue. If, with the same opponents, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, then it's another problem...

BTW, I'm not working for Eidos, but I'm a bit knowledgeable in network programming...

--malice

Malice - thanks for the input, no need for the references I'm network certified and I also work in IT security. The developers of these game know there isn't a homogonous group of routers out there eventhough they are interoperable. They all vary somewhat, however, TCP/IP is the same on all. Firewalls can be turned off on routers, ports can be opened and NAT features can be turned off and on. The point I'm making is WE are all not IT gurus so the developers need to make their product very user friendly if they want loyal customers. EIDOS doesn't have to do a thing BUT pointing the finger at routers before looking at whether the server are stable is what I'm getting at. I tested a direct connect last night, same results as when I connect thru the router. My ISP speeds are 5.8 mbps DL/868 kbps UL.

On-line gaming is effected by all users connected to a particular game but based on the very low upload/download demands (see EIDOS FAQs) I can't see that being the root cause.

Here is a simple analogy to validate my point. Three users play Snowblind, S3 and Zillzone on-line, all 3 are using routers (users are across the US). No connection issues, no mic issues, no disconnects (at least not frequent ones).

Now they play 25 to life. Numerous disconnects, unable to find logged in users, chat not working. The only variable to change was the game. These large software companies need to take more time to certify routers with major networking players before releaseing the game. That way a majority of the routers can be either updated with a firmware releases or specific ports and security settings can be referenced.

It was good talking techie with you but I don't want to bore the others with our pocket protector talk :cool:

connmen
20th Jan 2006, 18:16
^^^ Good post. It's Eidos' responsibility to make sure the game operates up to snuff under same circumstances as others in the marketplace. Hell, the server here is worse bad as Star Wars Battlefront 2, which is saying a lot.

Lag is bad. But not being able to log in 50+ percent of the time is a very big corporate mistake.

The big problem is the lack of communication from Eidos. To put out a release reducing it all to individual routers is insufficient.

A company prioritizing repeat business immediately issues a statement indicating that the problems are being looked into and that a follow-up statement will be released at XX time on XX date indicating the findings and solutions. Then said company does what it says it will do.