PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Editor

Lefebvre
18th Jan 2006, 16:21
As the name suggests - do you think it's well worth the effort for there to be a Uniform Editor included in the next update for Imperial Glory? Or maybe in Imperial Glory 2 if there is one.

Many members here have said they would like to see some changes, so vote here to see what comes out of it eh? ;) Please take the time to comment so that people can see what the buying public would like to invest in.

We could also use this thread to comment on whether we would like to be able to edit unit names, since 'Lancers 1, 2, 3, 4' etc isn't very inspiring.
Lefebvre.

Stonerkrieg
18th Jan 2006, 16:58
Editing unit names would be much more important to me than uniforms,but I still voted yes.

ytareh
18th Jan 2006, 19:42
Great Idea...dont know why I cant vote...!

Lefebvre
18th Jan 2006, 20:16
Great Idea...dont know why I cant vote...!
hey ytereh,
I'm not sure why either m8, I don't know of any reason for that. I wish you could vote too because I happen to know you think it's a great idea too :D
Are you sure you're logged in properly dude?

Greenjacket
14th Feb 2006, 21:43
I have to agree that is a good idea, especially seeing as some of the uniforms in the game aren't even correct! This really anoyed me to see Britians pride and joy, the greenjacketed riflemen put in red, what's the point of a the first camofloaged unit ever developed being put in red? And as for the portugease equivelant, cacadores are meant to wear blood brown, whats with the purple? Come on I can't believe that not even the history is correct for a game so big, the French feared the "grasshoppers" as the riflemen of the 60th and 95th (for example) were known because of how lethal their talets as marksmen were, the French never used rifles because the emporer believed them to be too slow to reload because of the grooves and lands in the barrels so why ignore the unique greenjackets and their brilliance by putting them in red? they would be disgraced, the best trained troops in the army put in bright red instead of dark, "hunting" green? I don't think so!

Dasara II
15th Feb 2006, 00:47
I had to vote other because I believe naming your own units is a "must". However, I do not think I would use a uniform editor that much.

I still can not believe that they did not allow naming individual units from the beginning? :mad:

General Skobby
15th Feb 2006, 07:30
It might be somethingwith my computer but the brown uniforms sometimes give off blue radiation?

Lefebvre
15th Feb 2006, 12:22
you guys might enjoy this site:
http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/files.php?cat=8&cmd=all&sort=&order=&page=1
you can change 95th rifles and the spanish uniforms (maybe use them for the Portuguese instead of default purple)

mongoose8
22nd Mar 2006, 01:17
whats a uniform editor:rolleyes:

Hengist_Sharpe
24th Mar 2006, 10:21
what's the point of a the first camofloaged unit ever developed being put in red?
They weren't the first ever camo unit. The British copied the idea from the Colonists during the North American war of Independence.

Duke of Potsdam
6th Dec 2006, 22:05
I think its a superb idea. It would be great to have some say behind creativity in the game. It adds to the fun of it all:D