PDA

View Full Version : TR after Legend?!?

TRfan
18th Jan 2006, 04:32
I know.. without playing the game, how can you tell what will become of the series but do you see TR lasting another 5-10 years? Im hoping for about 2 more TRs after Legend. I really want to see them get as creative as possible seeing that the series cant last forever. I look at a game like Metal Gear Solid and hope that they start taking the game more in that direction. The whole cinematic-like game play and storyline, if that made sense. I want there to be more big bosses to fight and longer cutscenes that explain more about different tombs, artifacts and different characters throughout the game.

Im hoping that they never do a game based from a TR movie.

My concept for the next Tomb Raider is to have Lara and another female tomb raider go at it blow for blow, etc. (I dont consider Natla a Tomb Raider. I thought the purpose of Natla wanting the one artifact was for the power... once she got the power... she turned into a vampire woman... or something...which I dont understand WHY anybody would want to become that. It's soooo not attractive.) The game can mostly take place somewhere in South America... something like Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. You'll then decide to team up but once u hit near the Tomb, she'll deceit you... yadda yadda yadda... now that'll never become a game because I just gave away the plot. BUT THERE STILL MORE THEY COULD ADD ONTO IT!!! Like different bosses and a major boss out for the same artifact.. da da daaaa... BIG FUN!

Anyways... and I dont know if Lara's mansion still exist but that would be a nice feature to actually save for the next game seeing as though people will buy this tomb raider regardless if the mansion exist.

Anyone else?

dhama
18th Jan 2006, 05:59
I thought the purpose of Natla wanting the one artifact was for the power... once she got the power... she turned into a vampire woman... or something...which I dont understand WHY anybody would want to become that. It's soooo not attractive.)

Well it worked for Margaret Thatcher.... :eek:

Who knows what the future will bring, maybe you might discover a new game or, God forbid, that there really is a life outside Tomb Raider.. :D :p

TRfan
18th Jan 2006, 17:24
noooooo... it's just that I rarely play video games or buy video games for the hell of it. I've been a TR fan for a while and like the series. Other than TR, I only play MEtal Gear Solid and Dead or Alive... not that I dont play other games but theyre just not as exciting than my favorites :D

susan
18th Jan 2006, 17:43
Im hoping that they never do a game based from a TR movie.Agree. All the games based on films I've played have been average. They're dumbed down and constricted, trying to fit the film's framework. And, all the suspense and mystery is lost because you know everything already. :thumbsup:

The game can mostly take place somewhere in South America... something like Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. South America sounds great. It's somewhere I'd love to travel to, so this way I'd get to do it virtually. :thumbsup: :D

But like MGS? :eek: No thanks! :D

Hopefully, whatever location they choose they'll select something that is genuinely awesome. I think that's one of the factors that makes TR more interesting than a lot of games. She's not just running around foreign landscapes or buildings, she's climbing the walls of pyramids, swimming through the inner workings of ancient water systems, uncovering the Mason's secret underground hide-out, exploring sunken ships, opening the tombs of gods, finding lost worlds, and so on.

And, in TR1 the environments felt kinda Alien too, as well as ancient and lost. I'd love it if they could recapture that experience.

I think this is where AoD failed the most. Apart from getting to roam the Louvre there were no truly awesome locations.

TRfan
18th Jan 2006, 21:48
I was wonder why Lara never had any grapple moves that killed her enemies... besides breaking there necks. Is it because they really dont want Lara to become some thuggish character?

dragonhunter
18th Jan 2006, 22:31
I hope they continue to release Tomb Raider games for at least the rest of my life.

As long as there are more real life tombs, artifacts, and other assortments of exploration and discovery places that they havent done, then there is always more reasons for new games.

Does anyone really get sick of playing the games? No way. Everyone that likes the Tomb Raider games likes to explore and discover.

And besides they are constantly discovering anchient cities and such in real life. Such as the recent discovery of a huge city in South America that was far larger then New York City im not sure of the exact details but they recently descovered this city because of a temple/pyramid they found in a jungle, decided to use a satellite to see how vast the area was and it turned out to be a HUGE city. If anyone knows what im talking about and knows more about it then please clarify.....back to my point, theres always new places that they are discovering in real life, no shortage of places for them to base new Tomb Raider games on. Well, i hope they have that in mind anyway.

Mangar The Dark
19th Jan 2006, 04:09
Well it worked for Margaret Thatcher.... :eek:

Who knows what the future will bring, maybe you might discover a new game or, God forbid, that there really is a life outside Tomb Raider.. :D :p

What is this "life" you speak of? It intriques me....

LizzyMM
19th Jan 2006, 04:29
I hope they never end this series. I don't know how possible that is. What do I want for this series? Well, if you're gonna dream, dream big. With the way technology is going, it seems like they can do almost anything. So why not have a second character along with Lara and that character would be me, and you and you and you. How?? The characters face would be blank and we would scan our photo onto it. Then we would go along with her on her advantures. We would have to choose male or female and off we go. LOL. Oh, the possibilities! :D