PDA

View Full Version : install prob

ksak
18th Jan 2006, 03:00
I bought this game on d2d and dled successfully. I began to install the game and everything was working fine until about 80% where the install speed began to slow down tremedously...

the installiion did NOT stop, it just began to install the files at a very slow rate. I let the it go on for about 30 mins and the intall did not make any progress. I then stopped the install, restarted the comp and the same thing happened. So I tried re-dling the whole file and it is still doing the same thing.

My specs: 3gig cpu, 1gb ram, 9800pro, plent of hard drive space...

The install works fine right up to intalling the "scene" files, then its starts to intall the datadx\stream.....emt files at a very slow rate. It is so slow i can count the # of each file that is being installed

so whats the deal here?????

KillaKid
18th Jan 2006, 04:23
same thing happened to me buddy, it took me like 1-3 hours to install, no joke. Just do something else while your installing, the first time I installed I wasted a good hour or two looking at the screen, when I reinstalled the game due to some problems I was facing (and I thought it would fix, which it didn't), it took a long time to install again, so I just went off and did something else. It's common for some people to have a very long installation time, why? I do not know.

I know this game has alot of bugs, lag, performance, glitches, music, etc issues and they need to be addressed asap for the survival of the game.

Hopefully these problems are just with D2D users since the "official" game hasn't been released yet. I'm going to get a refund for this game via D2D then the real game 2morrow.

It works both ways cause atleast I could play the game before, then get the actual game on release date. So I get like a 3 day play period be4 most ppl :P

ksak
18th Jan 2006, 05:36
is it possible to get a full refund from d2d for these problems? I waited for the game to install and now it runs like crap...it pauses everytime i get into a shootout or something happens in the game.

I don't understand how a company can take so long to release a title with so many problems.

I better get my money back and I'm def not buying the game again.

KillaKid
18th Jan 2006, 06:33
yes, you can get a refund, atleast that's what D2D says. Try contacting them.

I like the Online play, so I will rebuy the game, just from an actual store, and I'll try to get a refund 2morrow. Hopefully that'll eliminate some problems..

ts360
31st Dec 2006, 02:37
I bought this game on d2d and dled successfully. I began to install the game and everything was working fine until about 80% where the install speed began to slow down tremedously...

the installiion did NOT stop, it just began to install the files at a very slow rate. I let the it go on for about 30 mins and the intall did not make any progress. I then stopped the install, restarted the comp and the same thing happened. So I tried re-dling the whole file and it is still doing the same thing.

My specs: 3gig cpu, 1gb ram, 9800pro, plent of hard drive space...

The install works fine right up to intalling the "scene" files, then its starts to intall the datadx\stream.....emt files at a very slow rate. It is so slow i can count the # of each file that is being installed

so whats the deal here?????

dude i need help bad i try to play my game and this things pops up saying error report i mean i install good everything goes good until its done there is something like directx 9.0c or something i press the button for that nothing happens so do u know help me

ts360
31st Dec 2006, 02:43
i need help the download is good but after that like it says do u want to look at the read me and it says start 25 to life that thing comes up the lancher so i press play and my screen goes black so im like what and my screen comes on and this thing says error report i try to down load that directx 9.c thing but when i press it nothing happens so please help me i really want to play