PDA

View Full Version : Game AI

grahamwookie
18th Jan 2006, 00:58
In the demo the AI always went for my artillary. has this been fixed? Does the AI flank...etc etc?

ta

officerpuppy
18th Jan 2006, 01:49
AI is lacking a little, but I think there are some mods out there that try to give them a boost.

Lefebvre
18th Jan 2006, 15:52
plus there are different difficulty settings in the full game (I can't recall if they were there in the demo, but they probably were) and the enemy certainly doesn't always head straight for the artillery in all battles, the default AI tactics do vary a little depending on what forces are present and what the objectives are for victory.

Tyford
27th Feb 2006, 14:04
The demo doesn't include different difficulty settings, apart from the fact that the Hanover battles is easier than the Cyrenaica battle.

In Cyrenaica I occupy the high ground behind the houses. I occupy the buildings as well. With artillary firing constantly at the Austrians, and cavalry being oblitered by my closely packed infantry (my cavalry never had to be used), I managed to killallthe Austrians and only lose eighteen men!

officerpuppy
27th Feb 2006, 17:57
Ah the demo. The game has progressed alot in modding since the release of the demo, though I believe some of the gameplay mods should still work in the demo, but I am not sure.