PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone like Lara?

TheLegend
17th Jan 2006, 20:06
Heya everyone,

Please do not read this and assume that I do not like Lara; sorta the opposite! I thought that, as this new game is supposed to be going back to the roots of Tombraider (tombs, raiding etc), and moving away from the joke that was AOD (chocolate bars, lack of tombs etc), it would be jolly nice for us all to sum up why what we like about Lara with one word and/ or a picture. :)

dhama
17th Jan 2006, 20:56
In one word........"Polygons"

David 070
17th Jan 2006, 21:04
she symbolically beautiful. i also like how shes always in danger and getting out of it in cool ways. :D

TheLegend
17th Jan 2006, 21:28
In one word........"Polygons"

LOL I should have guessed...

EvilNessCroft
17th Jan 2006, 21:48
Oh come on! She's more than that! :D

Johnny
17th Jan 2006, 21:51
She's sexy, dangerous, witty, clever, adventurous and most importantly, she can kick some serious @$$! :D Lara is just an all-around fascinating heroine, and I can't wait to uncover more of her personal storyline in TR: Legend... :)

EvilNessCroft
17th Jan 2006, 22:01
She's sexy, dangerous, witty, clever, adventurous and most importantly, she can kick some serious @$$! :D Lara is just an all-around fascinating heroine, and I can't wait to uncover more of her personal storyline in TR: Legend... :)

exactly! :D

dhama
17th Jan 2006, 22:28

Yeah, maybe so, but that's definately more than one word. ;)

I could have said "count" too, but I stuck with the rules. ;)

Johnny
17th Jan 2006, 23:25
Yeah, maybe so, but that's definately more than one word. ;)

I could have said "count" too, but I stuck with the rules. ;)

Rules are meant to be broken. :D

*EDIT to my original post*

I forgot to mention that Lara can kick some serious @$$ while still maintaining the elegance of a woman. ;)

Xcom
18th Jan 2006, 00:01
She has big guns.

Sophia Leigh
18th Jan 2006, 00:40
She is strong and independent and playing as her I can go on adventures that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to go on :)

TheLegend
18th Jan 2006, 13:07
She is strong and independent and playing as her I can go on adventures that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to go on :)

Mum, I think u summed up why I love Lara; Fantasy!

dhama
18th Jan 2006, 16:26
She has big guns.

Hey.. I've warned you about your inappropriate posts before.... Be taught. :p

susan
18th Jan 2006, 16:56
...playing as her I can go on adventures that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to go on
Mum, I think u summed up why I love Lara; Fantasy!Yes it's the access to those adventures for me too.

I also love her manner:

"Pardon me if that was just your way of trying the doors for me."
"So you think all this talking is just holding me up."
"Ah, Pierre. You litterbug."
"You forget I might be quite hungry myself. Famished actually."

:thumbsup: :D

EvilNessCroft
18th Jan 2006, 17:08
LOL :D

or..

'' Not to lay a finger on you remember silly!?... Anyway, bussy girl got to go''

:D I loved that part.

Paul-uk
18th Jan 2006, 20:50
she is an ICON she is a LEGEND! she is Fabulous!! :D

Sophia Leigh
19th Jan 2006, 01:03
I also love her manner:

"Pardon me if that was just your way of trying the doors for me."
"So you think all this talking is just holding me up."
"Ah, Pierre. You litterbug."
"You forget I might be quite hungry myself. Famished actually."

:thumbsup: :D
Yeah me too, and I especially like the last line you mentioned :D

Mangar The Dark
19th Jan 2006, 04:07
Actually, I'm not such a big fan of the character, I'm a fan of the exploration and the environments. Sometimes I think the character actually overshadows what really makes TR work so well. For example, when I bought TR2 and I saw that the entire insert had pictures of Lara posing in bathing suits and whatnot-- now, I'm not a prude by any means, but come on! The first TR, for me, was all about exploring exotic locations and solving great puzzles-- let's focus on that stuff, not on what outfits Lara's wearing, and what sexy poses she's striking.

EvilNessCroft
19th Jan 2006, 11:42
Well for me, without Lara... It wouldn't be tomb raider at all! :D

susan
19th Jan 2006, 13:06
Actually, I'm not such a big fan of the character, I'm a fan of the exploration and the environments. Sometimes I think the character actually overshadows what really makes TR work so well. For example, when I bought TR2 and I saw that the entire insert had pictures of Lara posing in bathing suits and whatnot-- now, I'm not a prude by any means, but come on! The first TR, for me, was all about exploring exotic locations and solving great puzzles-- let's focus on that stuff, not on what outfits Lara's wearing, and what sexy poses she's striking.I do get the impression sometimes that Eidos thinks she is the whole reason (or most important reason) the game sells and that is wrong. They've crafted an interesting persona and beautiful looking character but, if they put her in a crap game those games will stop selling regardless.

I understand their focusing in on her appearance in promotional stuff because everyone knows that type of thing will catch attention. It's a hook. But hopefully, behind the scenes, their greatest attention and focus has always been on the game itself and the gameplay. Afterall that's what I'll be buying, the game, not a collection of Lara poses.

She is cool though. "Not everyone here wants to be guinea pigs. Multi-appendaged, or not!" Heh heh. :cool: :thumbsup: :D