PDA

View Full Version : Main Menu Music Problem

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 23:32
For some reason now, the music in the main menu always lags/shatters/etc, and it sounds really annoying, only other people who have this problem would know what im talking about. How do I fix this PROBLEM. :confused:

jaywalker2309
17th Jan 2006, 00:34
For some reason now, the music in the main menu always lags/shatters/etc, and it sounds really annoying, only other people who have this problem would know what im talking about. How do I fix this PROBLEM. :confused:

did you put back your sound accelertion back to full speed?

KillaKid
17th Jan 2006, 00:40
yes, but i had the problem before i even adjusted it to Standard, then Full. I'm just issuing it now.

jaywalker2309
17th Jan 2006, 00:41
yes, but i had the problem before i even adjusted it to Standard, then Full. I'm just issuing it now.

Did you only try full and standard.. sometimes try turning it to OFF..

KillaKid
17th Jan 2006, 00:49
Okay it seemed turning off, elminated the problem, and improved performance and eensey bit. My question is, what is Sound Hardware Acceleration, and why decreasing it increase performance?

jaywalker2309
17th Jan 2006, 01:24
Okay it seemed turning off, elminated the problem, and improved performance and eensey bit. My question is, what is Sound Hardware Acceleration, and why decreasing it increase performance?

Basically turning it off means its not trying to do lots of effects and the like, which most of the time is just an echo or something the CARD is doing not the game (make sense?)

A lot of games dont have fancy sound engines, but the sound cards try and do fancy thing ANYWAY.. turning off disables those..