PDA

View Full Version : Performance Problem

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 10:12
Hello, I have downloaded this game off of Direct2Drive but the game runs very choppy and it freezes each time I encounter a policeman.

Why is this happening, I have a very good computer.

Specs are as follow

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0Ghz (2 CPU's)
Nvidia Geforce 6600 Graphics Card
Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit Sound Card
200 GB Hard-Drive
1.5 Gigabytes of RAM

This is more then enough to run this game, and I'm currently running this game at default settings with

800x600

(i tried 1024x768 same results with the performance)

I didn't adjust the anti-w/e options, I don't know what those are? Will tweaking those increase my performance?

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2006, 20:43
What driver you running for your graphics card?

Also the Live hasnt had drivers for a long time now, have you tried lowering the sound acceleration within dxdiag to see if that helps?

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 20:48
Version 6.14.0010.8195 for Video Card

Version 5.12.0001.0512(english) for Sound Card

both gotten from Dxdiag.

And whats this sound acceleration you are talking about? How would I twinkle with that? But i'm doubting sound is causing such an imperformance of the game.

Online runs smoother then single player but occasionaly "lags" as well

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2006, 20:52
Version 6.14.0010.8195 for Video Card

Version 5.12.0001.0512(english) for Sound Card

both gotten from Dxdiag.

And whats this sound acceleration you are talking about? How would I twinkle with that? But i'm doubting sound is causing such an imperformance of the game.

Online runs smoother then single player but occasionaly "lags" as well

Okay there is a 8198 for your graphics card, but thats neither here nor there in terms of performance..

Within Dxdiag on the sound tab you will see on the left side a slider bar.. Sound can cause major problems in games if trying to do more then they can actually handle (and the live is getting on a bit) i do agree tho that you shouldn't be having such problems even with a very poor sound card.. your specs are more then enough..

strange that online runs smoother, since that has an internet connection limiting things..

gvpny999
16th Jan 2006, 21:52
I'm having the same performance problem. I tried lowering the sound acceleration, it didn't help. I also tried running it on only one cpu and that didn't work either.

System specs:

P4 3.4 GHZ
1 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 gt
ASUS P5GD1 motherboard (intergrated sound)

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 21:55
Same, I lowered the sound acceleration and stuff no help. Also downloaded lated drivers.

I uninstalled the game and i'm going to reinstall it.

One question, why does it take so long to install this game. It takes like one hour-3 hours (no joke, last night took me like 3 hours to finish installing, not downloading, Installing!)

gvpny999
16th Jan 2006, 21:59
I had the same problem installing it took a long time to install like a half hour for me though. I have bad news for you though I uninstalled it and reinstalled, that didn't help either.

PS It took a long time to uninstall too

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 22:35
It took me like 3-5 mins to uninstall, the usual, but installing, ive been doing it since last hour.

See it gathers up real fast, then when its like 3.3/4 complete, it takes like 2 hours to finish from there.

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2006, 23:01
an Hour to install? thats definitely something never seen before.. its not a small installer but by no means is it THAT big to be that slow..

KillaKid
16th Jan 2006, 23:31
Okay, reinstall problem still presist. And now i have another one. THe main menu music continously skips, and shatters. Now how do I fix this PROBLEM :confused:

KillaKid
17th Jan 2006, 00:50
Okay, Turning off Sound Accerleration completly helped a little bit in performance, but it still has problems. Any other ways to fix this?

jaywalker2309
17th Jan 2006, 01:23
Okay, Turning off Sound Accerleration completly helped a little bit in performance, but it still has problems. Any other ways to fix this?

Have you tried to see if you have the latest drivers for your sound card, i think Creative have a auto update system somewhere - altho i think the Live is a bit past it now :(

KillaKid
17th Jan 2006, 01:24
Yeah I have the latest for my drivers. =D

sharkh20
17th Jan 2006, 09:17
same problem

spec

dual xeon 3.0 procs
ati radeon x800 xt pe
2 gigs ram

in no way should i be lagging here. its kinda ridiculous. it also took me about 2-3 hours to install

jaywalker2309
17th Jan 2006, 18:17
Installation taking that long seems really ridiculous, i just installed it myself off the network, and it took 12 mins..

Will see if can find out more from the US tech support team as i dont have a `copy` of the download version itself, since am based in the UK :)

juggalo41
17th Jan 2006, 20:30
jaycw. does ur name refer to juggalo championship wreslting?

ksak
18th Jan 2006, 05:44
having the same problems as well

wow its already time for a patch and the game isnt even out yet...good job edios

no wonder the game is priced at $30

KillaKid
18th Jan 2006, 06:31
Yeah, your not showing a good first impression for your long awaited, must play, "gangster socom" game..

sharkh20
18th Jan 2006, 07:27
hey dont start bashing people, they have enough of that on the steam forums. I think we should try to be a little patient since the game was at a very cheap price and we got it early.

ksak
18th Jan 2006, 18:38
Well, maybe you are right, but like I said before, this game was delayed numerous times. They had ample time to fix problems associated with the game, but as you can see they released still released a poor product. However it has been a short time since the game was released so I am hoping they can at least give us some good customer service.

Enigmajk
18th Jan 2006, 18:48
Your gonna have problems at first normally just because of compatibillity issues they cant test the game on everyones machine because if they could there would be no problems thats why some people dont have problems and others do.

AnarchyRising
19th Jan 2006, 05:00
Same problem here too

Specs ==

dual 3.9 cpu
4 gig ram
GEF 7800 gt

everything graphic wise runs smooth except every time a cop says somethin or appears the game freezes for a sec, then freezes happen constantly .. also it took an hour or 4 to install ... hopin for a damn patch for the d2d ppl

ksak
19th Jan 2006, 07:32
It seems like a lot of people are having the same problems and I am sure there are more out there whom are not on these forums.

Could we please have a response about these issues?

thanks

jaywalker2309
19th Jan 2006, 09:15
Hmm are people associating the downloading of the game with that of the installation.. its a big game to download.. and i dont know how its stated on D2D site, but until you see an Installshield program start and then ask you a question you are not in the actual game installer you are still downloading it.

AnarchyRising
19th Jan 2006, 13:13
no ... i am a programmer dude i know the difference between a 1 gig download and a 4 hour installshield process hehe .. unless the installshield downloads a LOT of content over a 1mb line, there is a serious problem with it

but in the end it doesnt matter because the game is pretty much unplayable ... any idea from a dev when it will be fixed?

mikael_clt
20th Jan 2006, 03:53
you know, i feel like i just PAID to beta test this game. i can't EVEN play it the bug is so annoying.

the bug is is triggered by any voice or new character in the game and is really a let down guys.

i've followed everything that has been suggested.

updated sound and video drives. no directx sound acceleration and nothing has changed.

is EDIOS going to fill us in on if they even PLAN on patching this, or are they going to take their time and help the consumers first?

seriously, what a let down guys. i really do feel like we paid to beta test your game for you, and now you're just ignoring all of us.

wow. just wow. :( :mad: :(

i also have the NO MUSIC during the game bug. that doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as the HORRIABLE game play.

and yes, it took about a hour to install. not dl, but install.

--------
P4 3.2 (dual)
2 gig memory
lotsa drive space
Nvidia GeForce 7800
SB Live 5.1
--------

Macallen
20th Jan 2006, 07:00
Add me to the list.

P4 3.6Ghz
GeForce 6800
2GB RAM
SB Live

Latest drivers on both sound and graphics. Game runs smooth until I encounter anyone that shoots, then it hangs for 2 sec and my controls go berserk, like it was still accepting input from me during the lag and gives it to me all at once. Turned sound accel all the way down and it did nothing.

AnarchyRising
20th Jan 2006, 15:09
the no music during game bug is just a volume problem .. you can "almost" hear it to a good volume if you jack it up in the options screen to full volume .. but guess what .. it doesnt matter cause you cant play it anyway!

how freakin long does it take for a dev to read all this ***** and post us all an update????

jinsatoemo
21st Jan 2006, 14:41
Yeah me too had a long install time.It's the antivirus that caused the install slowdown(during the emt files especially).It's also causing the game frequent pausing.Just disable the antivirus autoprotect and your ok to go.

KillaKid
21st Jan 2006, 18:58
Wow, That Helped Me. I Love You!_!<3