PDA

View Full Version : Music issue

varkam
15th Jan 2006, 22:51
I downloaded 25 to life today from D2D, and the only issue I'm having with it is with the music. I'm only getting music on the main menu, and there it's choppy and incoherent. In the actual game, I'm not getting any music at all although I can see icons popping up on the bottom of the screen showing the artist and the title of the current track - I'm just not hearing it at all. I've checked the options and turned the music sound all the way up and still nothing. I'm having no other problems with the game. Performance is fine and the sounds are fine as well. All my drivers and DirectX are current. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My system specs:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
AMD XP 2100 1.73 GHz
1 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2006, 20:58
I downloaded 25 to life today from D2D, and the only issue I'm having with it is with the music. I'm only getting music on the main menu, and there it's choppy and incoherent. In the actual game, I'm not getting any music at all although I can see icons popping up on the bottom of the screen showing the artist and the title of the current track - I'm just not hearing it at all. I've checked the options and turned the music sound all the way up and still nothing. I'm having no other problems with the game. Performance is fine and the sounds are fine as well. All my drivers and DirectX are current. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My system specs:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
AMD XP 2100 1.73 GHz
1 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Could you try reducing your sound acceleration within dxdiag (it will be set to full by default - run dxdiag and select the sound tab, theres a slider bar to the left) this will help us diagnose the issue further...

mikael_clt
20th Jan 2006, 03:54
Could you try reducing your sound acceleration within dxdiag (it will be set to full by default - run dxdiag and select the sound tab, theres a slider bar to the left) this will help us diagnose the issue further...

i have the same problem and it did nothing for me.

regime
21st Jan 2006, 07:17
how do you turn down your sound accel?

Mike_B
21st Jan 2006, 10:32
how do you turn down your sound accel?

start/dxdiag enter/ select soundtab, move the slider.

skunksir
24th Jan 2006, 18:17
it worked for me..

slid the bar all the way down to no acceleration and sounds fine now.. all music etc..

still very jerky gameplay tho.. wierd 2 caus 1 night it played perfectly(aprt from music) and then then next day it went well jerky(even with sound fixed)

amd 3200XP
1gb Dual channel 3200
radeon 9800 pro latest 6.1 drivers
audigy 2 sound card witth up2date drivers
windows xp pro sp2 all updated