PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic Soldiers Weekly

ytareh
14th Jan 2006, 20:41
Just seen on UK tv an ad for a new collectable weekly(forthnightly?)magazine/model soldier collection.Thought some of you might be interested.

ytareh
15th Jan 2006, 17:04
I had a look at this in the shops today.First weeks issue has a Royal Marine soldier (ok) figurine with fairly poor paint finish(every one chipped/flaking).Also the barrel of a cannon to be collected over 3 random weeks(1,4 and 17?)
The only other part of the package is a apparently VERY small booklet (pamphlet!?)which is admittedly based on the top notch "Osprey" series.
Priced at £2.99 sterling for the first week special its not bad value but at £7.99 for the other issues its hard to justify .There are well over 30 issues and yet the choice of units (given on the back of Issue 1) doesnt seem great.
In Ireland the retailers put a big mark up on magazines even after currency conversion.Id say that a little extra would probably buy a full "Osprey" book so Im gonna pass on this ...

ytareh
15th Jan 2006, 17:05
the first weeks pamphlet is on the british navy...

Lefebvre
16th Jan 2006, 03:15
Thanks for the heads up on that mag dude, I saw the ads too on telly recently.

Mind you, I'm one of those saddo types that has made plenty of my own figures so to buy those ones would be a step down ;) lol

(edit) just out of interest 30+ issues at £8 a pop sounds a bit steep, I agree that you're much better off with a quality text like Osprey or one of the rare Blandford series.