PDA

View Full Version : will Legend have a physics engine?

David 070
14th Jan 2006, 01:14
im wondering if rocks will fall realistically,Lara,enemys etc?

Treeble
14th Jan 2006, 02:06
I think that's precisely the one thing they've been talking a lot about since day one.

dhama
14th Jan 2006, 08:12
I think the physics of the game will be so good, real money will be once again seperated from my paws............

DGaiden
14th Jan 2006, 13:11
Crystal Dynamics is putting so much care in this game, i'm sure they will not look those kinds of things awefull :)

Joshorty
14th Jan 2006, 23:30
hopefully not as awful as Aod (rag doll. pu-sheesh :rolleyes: )

susan
19th Jan 2006, 13:26
One thing I do hope they get the physics right on this time is the water. No more of that viscous, oily-like water from AoD. Either upgrade to realistic water or go back to the pretty stuff from previous games (complete with mosaic-patterned pools if possible :D ).

hopefully not as awful as Aod (rag doll. pu-sheesh ) Yeah, no more rag doll stuff too please. :thumbsup: :D

GoranAgar
19th Jan 2006, 13:50
Is there a game out there where the physics are not simply silly?

dhama
19th Jan 2006, 15:59
Well, if you die by whatever means whilst you are standing, do the bones in your body not disappear, and render you like a rag doll? :rolleyes:

gingerspice+tombobsessed
19th Jan 2006, 16:07
Yeah, the ragdoll thing was kind of corny and also, when you killed somebody it just like flashes and disappears YUCK :eek: ! From all the screenshots and everything, Crystal Dynamics is doing a great job! I just want it to be April!

Johnny
19th Jan 2006, 16:24

The rag doll effect is very realistic to me. :rolleyes:

TRaiderGurl
19th Jan 2006, 16:40
You have to admit, That was funny! Watching her land with her legs on top her head.

Joshorty
19th Jan 2006, 21:55
Yeah actually 'cause I kinda..well, experimented on how she'd ragged on the floor and it can be NASTY! You know Neptune's Hall? At the beginning of the level, when you jump directly down to the square-gap (which there isn't water at the point), she does her fall and screams and then once she hit the floor - -but it wasn't a floor :D ! It was a "metal-gate" floor like kinda thing and since there are holes in it, apparently Lara went through them and she hanged from there!! :eek: It was so nasty! First time was with her leg hanging and the second was the head!! :eek: ....I can't explain it well enough in words. If only I can show you guys! :D

dhama
19th Jan 2006, 22:39
The funniest form of rag doll physics I saw was in PainKiller. You could poke and hit hung corpses with a stick and watch them flop around...... :D

Legendary Lara Croft
20th Jan 2006, 04:01
you can see it already in the videos

import_craziej2k
20th Jan 2006, 12:06
The funniest form of rag doll physics I saw was in PainKiller. You could poke and hit hung corpses with a stick and watch them flop around...... :D

Gary's Mod for Half-Life 2 is the best for messing around with ragdoll physics ( :cool: hehehe)

BloodRayne
20th Jan 2006, 12:20
I'm not sure if this is new but look at the 2nd last heading.

I hope these are new, OXM went to Crystal Dynamics studios and talked to the designers and played TRL. I hope these are new guys....

... Levels are absolutley (sp?) huge, i mean some of the new screens show lara as a like a tiny thin line compared to the rooms she is in.

... Block pushing is still here but plays a small part, and apparently its the most advanced yet, you can like rotate the blocks, push them in any direction, and fling them into the air (Dont know how that works)

... She moves nice and fluidly like never before, and does what u tell her to do when u tell her to do it. Not like 2 seconds after u say it

...The grapple hook is supposed to be relally useful, u use it to pull walls down swing over holes, pull enemies towards you, pull traps onto enemies etc

...Tony Gard said its the most action packed Tomb Raider to date, but it is nicley balanced with puzzle solving which with the physics engine is better than ever.

Finally OXM said that they were sold 'Tomb Raider has been re-built from the blocks up, and this was the sequel the original Tomb Raider should have had all those years ago'. (Sorry i cant scan it in and post it, no scaner)