PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies

John D.
10th Jan 2006, 23:42
Recently I began a poll regarding moving to the Doom 3 Editor from Dromed. I had planned to make the switch earlier last year before my computer broke down and I had to replace it. Then I got caught up in another T2 FM which I have now abandoned. After jumping back into D3 and some other things that have happened I now believe that I will not be able to carry through the transition and will have to decline participation in the Dark Mod. I wish to apologize to New Horizon and anyone else who may have had their hopes lifted up only to be dashed.

If I decide to create anything else from now on it will be Dark Engine only, it will be kept at a reasonable size-if it cant be made within 3 months I wont touch it.

Peter_Smith
11th Jan 2006, 07:38
That is too bad, John. I hope you have a reversal of fortune.

Anyway, New Horizon, it looks really great.:) I am sure that "if you build it, they will come."

I plan to give it a go, even though I have no experience with Dromed. I have had a little C++ and CAD experience, which I assume will suffice. I will need a completed product and a tutorial for a newbie. Oh, and Doom III. I guess I ought to buy that as a gesture of good faith.:)

John D.
11th Jan 2006, 17:12
Truly sad news John. We had really hoped to have you come onboard with us for some fun. Its been very difficult getting talented Dromeders to come and try out mapping for Dark Mod, many aren't willing to make the switch.Not unwilling, just tired of editing in general. I'm a firm believer that the Dark Mod is the future of Thief. I just dont have the fire inside anymore to build right now. :(

littlek
12th Jan 2006, 17:47
Shoots fire arrow at John to reignite the fire