PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas For Extra features In Lara's Mansion?

Dragu Slave
8th Jan 2006, 12:54
I would love a closet feature where we could unlock outfits. New outfits and all outfits of previous instalments including AOD's.

Also a time feature like morning - night while training. (Time based of course)

And also some weather effects at random like rain or snow.

What do you think? :)

StarChampagne
8th Jan 2006, 13:19
Kiss-Bite did some incredible pictures of things to have in the Croft Manor assault course:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=54866

I hope they make Croft Manor very detailed and realistic - and big! I hope there are more rooms to explore, the assault course (revamped perhaps for Lara's new moves), and also that the surrounding environment and grounds be big enough to get lost in. The weather effects would be a nice touch. And the quad bike track :)

Dragu Slave
8th Jan 2006, 14:59
I've seen those pics on TRF too. They're amazing. I hope that the mention will be huge with underground training places like the ones in kiss bite's pics :D

Acceber
8th Jan 2006, 16:47
I would love a closet feature where we could unlock [ ... ] all outfits of previous instalments including AOD's.

I like that idea a lot.
:thumbsup:

David 070
8th Jan 2006, 23:01
how about a bath where Lara can bathe? :D

target range.

a very complicated obstacle course of course.

i like the closet idea.

id like to see some kinds of dangers too.ive always thought the fire traps were some of the hardest traps.

lots of pictures on the walls ,maybe of Lara in different locales.

thats it,i guess.

ok,one more idea...i doubt seriously that they'll add this though..

some studio where we can animate Lara,make our own cutscenes in it.

SasaPisa
10th Jan 2006, 04:34
A housefly infested attic comes to mind. Perhaps even a flying pig with glowing red eyes? And here our heroine thought she was getting a good deal on her home.

Joshorty
13th Jan 2006, 05:27
I'd love to see Lara's Mansion again! I like that original feel to it on the firs t mansion in on the frist TR title. Especially in the new/current generation graphic - -whoo! But I'd doubt they'd do it maybe 'cause of the amount of space on the disc or something - I dunno. They can at least make it an official special download or an exclusive to either PC or one of the other platforms. I miss LAra's Home :(

gingerspice+tombobsessed
13th Jan 2006, 16:03
The only game I've really played and beaten of tomb raider is angel of darkness. I know croft manor from the movie but why wasn't it in AOD?

Jorge22
13th Jan 2006, 20:11
Lara could have a super-computer where she could play us!!!! :D

SasaPisa
13th Jan 2006, 20:21
Ginger,

This is just speculation on my part but, posible storyline explanations aside, they (Core) just didn't have time.

AOD was already in a shameful state due to a rushed production cycle. Whatever labor and time they had was probably spent trying to polish the game mechanics as much as possible; Core was busy doing they're best to mitigate the backlash they must have known was coming.

chrismcalees
20th Jan 2006, 21:37
Hi
I would like there to be more secret rooms and puzzles like in tomb raider 3. I also agree a target range would be cool as well as an archery range. I would like a obstacle course that takes longer than a minute to complete as this is clearly the best part of the mansion but is too short. I liked the quad track too so this should be also included but made longer too.
I don't know why we're still putting our suggetsions forward because the game is supposedly released in 5 weeks and if they haven't sorted this by now, it'll never be ready. It's still good fun though.

Chris

ShadowOfOblivion
20th Jan 2006, 22:01
I would love a closet feature where we could unlock outfits. New outfits and all outfits of previous instalments including AOD's.

Also a time feature like morning - night while training. (Time based of course)

And also some weather effects at random like rain or snow.

What do you think? :)

Outfit/Closet feature has been confirmed as far as I know. Reports suggest that the mansion will be the place where thinks get unlocked based on the 'secrets' you have discovered.

As far as the two other things, I'm not sure.

Joshorty
21st Jan 2006, 02:09
Confirmed offically??!?! :eek: or just for fun kinda thing... :confused:

ShadowOfOblivion
21st Jan 2006, 04:22
Confirmed offically??!?! :eek: or just for fun kinda thing... :confused:

I'd never lead you on for the fun of it. I believe it was stated by someone in Eidos officially :). The mansion will have secrets, and unlockables.

Herege
21st Jan 2006, 04:34
A perfect minigame: Lock the butler in the freezer!

Joshorty
21st Jan 2006, 16:04
I'd never lead you on for the fun of it. I believe it was stated by someone in Eidos officially :). The mansion will have secrets, and unlockables.

YES!! 'cause I miss her mansion :o . I remembered the first time going into it in TR I. It was my FIRST best video game experience. My first Playstation game to try. I remembered tryin' it out for the first time and the intro (the The Caves) kinda freaked me and my brother out to play but we played it anyway!

TRfan
21st Jan 2006, 20:36
I remember them saying something aout being able to unlock different outfits. I really hope its the same old mansion. I LOOOOOoove that mansion.

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 01:20
Me too! In next-genreation graphics :D !! (well, 'cause of the fact that her mansion was never transitioned to PS2 generation graphics, ye know).

StarChampagne
22nd Jan 2006, 13:36
Just thinking about the mansion is getting me excited!! While I love levels where the 'danger' is around every corner and there's the fear of the unknown + that something will jump out at you, it's really nice just to have a relaxing level where you're not about to be assualted by fanged beasts or whatever... So if the mansion isn't a level in the game, is everyone going to go to the mansion first or get stuck into the raiding? Decisions, decisions... I think I'm going for the mansion, personally...

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 17:23
Just thinking about the mansion is getting me excited!! While I love levels where the 'danger' is around every corner and there's the fear of the unknown + that something will jump out at you, it's really nice just to have a relaxing level where you're not about to be assualted by fanged beasts or whatever... So if the mansion isn't a level in the game, is everyone going to go to the mansion first or get stuck into the raiding? Decisions, decisions... I think I'm going for the mansion, personally...

Yeah I know what you mean! I find that a lot more from Tomb Raider 1. where something is gonna pop out or traps - -I love that! I get scared too but that's what I think made Topmb Raider orignal to its eerieness in tombs. Especially the three Egypt levels! I'd always tell myself "go-climb-up, go-climb-up, go-climb-up before the raptor gets you - - :eek: o man i loved that :D