PDA

View Full Version : What # Tomb Raider is this?

gingerspice+tombobsessed
3rd Jan 2006, 15:58
Ok, I have just started liking (I should say obsessing and loving) tomb raider when AOD came out (GREAT GAME! -except for the gliches) and I wanted to know what number game this is. Like is it tomb raider 5 or 6 or 7 or 8? I don't know? Does anybody know?

Treeble
3rd Jan 2006, 16:03
This is Tomb Raider 7.

Angel Of Darkness was TR6.

Chronicles was TR5.

The Last Revelation was TR4.

The first trilogy had their respective numbers on their titles, except for the expansion packs.

gingerspice+tombobsessed
3rd Jan 2006, 16:07
Thanks - I didn't think Chronicles was a real Tomb Raider game so I thought AOD was 5 and Legend was 6.

Johnny
3rd Jan 2006, 16:13
Thanks - I didn't think Chronicles was a real Tomb Raider game so I thought AOD was 5 and Legend was 6.

TR: Chronicles should've been an expansion pack of TR: The Last Revelation. :rolleyes:

Treeble
3rd Jan 2006, 16:19

Well, in theory Angel Of Darkness is the less real Tomb Raider Game of the whole set. Core Design mentioned numerous times they wanted to abandon it because clearly it was a game about Lara Croft, not about Tomb Raider, but due to the franchise and the new movie coming at about the same time, they decided to still go with it.

Chronicles is a fine game, just too short.

gingerspice+tombobsessed
3rd Jan 2006, 16:26
I how the first five are on PSone and PC. The graphics are horrible and I can't like see so I can't play them

Treeble
3rd Jan 2006, 16:28
I how the first five are on PSone and PC. The graphics are horrible and I can't like see so I can't play them

I still play them to this day and even graphics of TR1 are perfectly acceptable. True - they're far from looking any good as any Metroid Prime or even Tomb Raider Legend, but they have great playability - something AOD lacked really bad. Nice graphics don't make up for a bad game.

rotcehb
3rd Jan 2006, 17:28
Nice graphics don't make up for a bad game.

TREEBlE i like your response

your'e right!

they are very games cools and the graphics they bad
Like Tomb Raider 1 or Iv
o Silent Hill 1 (SH 1 and 2 are the best of alls :D)

Jorge22
3rd Jan 2006, 21:59
Chronicles was good, made sense and presented some new features. :mad: :D

StarChampagne
4th Jan 2006, 19:06
I loved Chronicles. It may have been short, but it had some classic moments to get stuck on :) which always lengthens a game. And it didn't help I couldn't save for the last half of the last level :P

Those were the days... let's just hope Legend matches up

adalita_m
7th Jan 2006, 07:32
ahh the memories