PDA

View Full Version : Love to our bovine friends

garbagefanuk
30th Dec 2005, 22:46
This thread is dedicated to all the cows we each eat every day of our lives. Now you can all make up for it by saying sorry to a cow.

Sign the petition and have your appology read to a cow :D

CLICKY (http://www.sorrycow.com/lj.php)

fneh
31st Dec 2005, 12:12
LMAO!

*signed*

Omega
31st Dec 2005, 12:16
Haha!

Although I have nothing to apologise for (being a veggie and all).

If a cow hates having it's udders yanked on every day - I apologise for that. But milk is so damn tasty, as is butter and cheese!

And don't tell me about that Soya Milk - ew!

garbagefanuk
31st Dec 2005, 15:55
Appologise for your species actions then Omega :D Shoulder the burden for all those who will not sign this. A true human being would lol :D

fneh
31st Dec 2005, 16:55
but look at their big gormless eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soothsayer
31st Dec 2005, 19:51
I apologize for nothing >8-D

Omega
1st Jan 2006, 17:32
Appologise for your species actions then Omega :D Shoulder the burden for all those who will not sign this. A true human being would lol :D

I have not once said, nor even will, that I am a human being! :p

evil_sharkey
3rd Jan 2006, 02:43
^^^ Now I'm curious.

I thought about going vegetarian for about five minutes... then my stomach climbed up my esophagus and smacked my brain around until it stopped.

Omega
3rd Jan 2006, 12:57
It's far easier than I thought it would be.

The only things I miss are the little things, like Scotch Eggs and similar "party" food.

fneh
3rd Jan 2006, 13:09
I rarely eat meat but I would never consider going veggie.

Kung Po chicken........ big fat sausages...............King Prawn sweet and sour....a subway without any meat is only half a subway!

Anoobish
5th Jan 2006, 15:31
The day I sign this, is the day cows fly... (I thought it fitting, to say that now...)

Siela
5th Jan 2006, 15:55
The day I sign this, is the day cows fly... (I thought it fitting, to say that now...)

Too bad I do not have the screensaver anymore where a cow flies through the screen. :rolleyes:

I signed it.
But where are the threads dedicated to the pigs, chickens, turkeys?? :eek:

fneh
5th Jan 2006, 22:43
oh come on! who honestly likes Turkeys??? they're horrible creatures. And they don't even taste as good as their poor man's alternative, chicken......

Now PIGS! They should have one. I love pigs. I do'nt like pork tho. Too leathery for my tastes. Pork sausages however.................. /drool

And I must appologise to the chickens that are born solely to satisfy my hunger. I must've eaten a fairly large number of them in the last few years...... Such a noble life they lead: giving their lives to make my food taste so good!!!! I'd knight one if I wasn't too busy picking his father out of my teeth :D

Smoke_Z
6th Jan 2006, 02:46
I'll apologize to cows the day Vorador apologizes to us. :D

Really, if there were a creature whose sole purpose was to be eaten, I'd say it's the guinea pig. Since that's outside my culture, I'd have to settle for rabbit.

Cows could serve the purpose of pulling heavy loads. I suppose chickens have some purpose that's hidden.

Actually, I should probably apologize to my roommate. She's a vegetarian and I think she freaked out when I had a frying pan full of raw and bloody chicken livers.

L_Master562
14th Jan 2006, 00:24
Considering the fact that my grandparents and dad live on a farm and I spend my off time there, I have to say that for all the chickens and cows I've killed (and eggs I've cracked), I will not say I'm sorry. I do admit, I like the native american mindset of being thankful and gracious to them each and every day. The thing is, I do hate the basic treatment of the animals in the slaughterhouses and growing facilities they have. That and the fact that they process everything and they don't taste as good.

The only thing I am sorry for however is when I shoot a deer in the woods and it doesn't imediately die. I don't worry about the Turkeys (the wild ones actually taste pretty good) I shoot though, as they rush me with their heads missing, so I consider it self defense.

garbagefanuk
15th Jan 2006, 23:26
Considering the fact that my grandparents and dad live on a farm and I spend my off time there, I have to say that for all the chickens and cows I've killed (and eggs I've cracked), I will not say I'm sorry. I do admit, I like the native american mindset of being thankful and gracious to them each and every day. The thing is, I do hate the basic treatment of the animals in the slaughterhouses and growing facilities they have. That and the fact that they process everything and they don't taste as good.

The only thing I am sorry for however is when I shoot a deer in the woods and it doesn't imediately die. I don't worry about the Turkeys (the wild ones actually taste pretty good) I shoot though, as they rush me with their heads missing, so I consider it self defense.

That disturbed me no end i can tell you.

Smoke_Z
16th Jan 2006, 04:26
Killing ones own food should not be disturbing... I think that most people would only benefit from the experience. Either by becoming aware of eating death, or by refusing to partake.

I've been reflecting lately on how (at least in the most civilsed parts) meat does not resemble the creature it came from.

I watched something called "Taboo" on the National Geographic channel on how a certain desert culture eats heads and eyeballs and testicles; two religions where one is vegetarian and one is not. The quasi-vegetarians will sometimes partake in the 'meatball on a stick' vendor on the edge of the market, but won't go after the roast heads because it is "death on a plate."

On the opposite spectrum, I've learned that potted meat is not something to be eaten when you're actually paying attention to your food. (Sweeping the abatour floor.)

Frankly, I love organ meats, or at least any type of liver that I've had. I don't know about eyeballs, I barely like grapes. The prospect of using maggots to eat the necrotised tissue out of a festering wound is gross enough, I don't care to risk getting them stuck in my teeth by eating worm cheese.

Considering how messed up I am while still being coherent, I'm thinking that I should give up vodka.