PDA

View Full Version : Is Kurtis coming back in the next game or never come back at all?

celestialmoonowl
28th Dec 2005, 19:28
I liked Kurtis, i thought he was a really interesting character to throw into the mix. I hope he comes back, any thoughts?

http://www.laraweb.de/screen/lara%20und%20Kurtis.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE HEAT!!

EddyBones
28th Dec 2005, 19:36
Far as I know, that story line is gone. Don't think we'll be seeing him again, but you never know.

celestialmoonowl
28th Dec 2005, 19:40
oh thats stupid! he at least needs his own game. that much would make me happy. and lara could be a semi-playable character like he was.

they can't just give chemistry between those two and leave it like this!!...

oh wait. that's what they did for chronicles, they kept saying she was dead :mad: and that wasn't true...so hmm...

Kidd Cosmic
1st Jan 2006, 02:31
Kurtis was kinda cool even though quite sluggish compared to nimble Lara. However if he does return they should make it optional. I bought this game to be Lara not some other dude.

Trinity34
1st Jan 2006, 11:09
Hi Kidd.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Johnny
1st Jan 2006, 12:54
Die, Kurtis! Don't ever come back! :rolleyes: :D

Shrensh
1st Jan 2006, 13:22
Johnny, I'm getting the impression that you don't like Kurtis terribly much... :D

StarChampagne
1st Jan 2006, 18:07
I thought Kurtis rocked as a person, except he controlled like a giant slab of concrete. And also, seeing as Aod never got truly finished, Kurtis' inclusion felt a bit out of place; this IS lara's game after all. And I don't think Kurtis is going to be featuring in future TR games - CD want to distance themselves as much as possible from Aod, except of course when they want to criticise it. Cough. Anyways, I'm up for a kurtis revival, lol :)

Johnny
3rd Jan 2006, 01:11
Johnny, I'm getting the impression that you don't like Kurtis terribly much... :D

Is it THAT obvious? :p :D

star girl
7th Jan 2006, 17:21
Is it THAT obvious? :p :D

But of course... :rolleyes:

JUST LOOK AT THE HEAT!!

Truly, they're making me sweat.

That's it, I'm going to buy this game for the fourth time!

FruitofEden
18th Jan 2006, 01:08
I hope that he comes back; that'd be great.Or at least, they could give him his own game. But I dont think that he'll be back in another game with Lara. That'd be better, but it may not happen. :(
"CD want to distance themselves as much as possible from Aod, except of course when they want to criticise it. Cough. Anyways, I'm up for a kurtis revival, lol" Well-said, StarChampagne, imo. Hehe, hope it's ok to include that... *ahem* anyway, I'd love to see Kurtis make his comeback. That'd be the day. :)

graphic_designer
5th Feb 2006, 00:47
I think Kurtis shud come back they are so well matched they wud make a good couple :D

Nightmare1414
5th Feb 2006, 21:22
Dunno, Kurtis was a great character...but if they do add him, they shouldn't make him a playable character. And, if they decide everyone wants him to have his own game, make him one, and not make him so...so....UNfinished. Who agrees here?

FerGie
21st Feb 2006, 13:12
I hope he comes back

Chris Daly
26th Feb 2006, 15:56
I hope he comes back

Kurtis is Ekhardt is Karel is Luddxxx and is Bernard and Bouchard
-last level of AOD ..so he isnt really a character that can come
back ,unless AOD Episodes 2 and 3 some how get developed -
perhaps with turning the clock back with what happens before
Paris and with content after TR4. With Crystal just about to
release Legend I think Kurtis is unlikely to reappear.. but
stranger things have happened .. for instance Winston in
TR2 was at least 90 years old -and in TR5 about 60 :D :p

Dutch_Croft
27th Feb 2006, 10:53
That may be so, but let us dream on.........:p

Chris Daly
27th Feb 2006, 12:55
That may be so, but let us dream on.........:p
OK then .. I hope he falls in love with Lara ahhhh kisses and cuddles:p :p

Dutch_Croft
27th Feb 2006, 13:10
Lol! :D ;)

cherrynight
28th Mar 2006, 14:55
I hope he comes back. I like this character very much, but still I am not sure if he is Karel, and it seems he will not appear in the coming Legend.

star girl
29th Mar 2006, 09:23
-last level of AOD ..so he isnt really a character that can come
back ,unless AOD Episodes 2 and 3 some how get developed -
perhaps with turning the clock back with what happens before
Paris and with content after TR4. With Crystal just about to
release Legend I think Kurtis is unlikely to reappear.. but
stranger things have happened .. for instance Winston in
TR2 was at least 90 years old -and in TR5 about 60 :D :p

*groans in irritation*
OH boy.... I know something'll happen to me the way I keep on repeating things...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...4&page=2&pp=25

NO WAY I'M REAPEATIN' IT AGAIN!!!! :mad:

susan
27th Apr 2006, 19:04
You know I wouldn't mind a follow-up game with Kurtis on his own, provided they made it grittier than AoD. Gave it a feel of genuine menace. I mean those angelic being things hidden for centuries awaiting resurrection is serious and spooky if done properly.

I thought Kurtis was OK but not right for a Lara game, he'd be better on his own I think.

-last level of AOD After the Louvre, when Lara and Kurtis are both lying on the ground, the person who has knocked Lara out reveals themselves to be Karel in disguise (cutscene). Karel cannot be Kurtis lying the ground and the gunman standing over him both at the same time. So, Kurtis is a real person. :D

dhama
27th Apr 2006, 19:37
..... So, Kurtis is a real person. :D

Oh shucks! I made an error (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=59293) then did I ? :scratch:

Faye
27th Apr 2006, 19:52
Crystal Dynamics have not just distanced themselves from The Angel Of Darkness, they have started a whole seperate storyline. Legend is not the seventh chapter of the storyline, it is the first chapter of a new, completely seperate series. Hence the bio being rewritten. So, Kurtis doesn't even exist in Legend, unless at some point Crystal Dynamics choose to reference him (say if in Legend 2, Lara is in her home and you see the Chirugai on a shelf or something).

The only way it will happen is if Crystal Dynamics choose to use that character (like they did with Winston and Zip). Or if Eidos Interactive, in an extremely nice mood, asked Core Design to continue with the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 7 and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 8 projects, whilst Crystal Dynamics worked on Legend 2 (this may confuse some people...to put it simply, if they did that, they'd be following to two alternative storylines at once, with two seperate lines of games. Basically what they are doing now, except for that fact they have stopped the Core Design storyline, and are only doing the Crystal Dynamics one). I doubt that will ever happen though. It would be nice if it did, but I think they would worry about confusing most people. Can you imagine how the semi-fans would feel (I mean the people who aren't as mad about Tomb Raider to visit these forums and buy most or all of the games, the people who've just bought a few of them but aren't that interested in it)? They'd be like "What is going on with story :scratch: :nut: :mad2:?!"

susan
27th Apr 2006, 19:58
Oh shucks! I made an error (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=59293) then did I ? :scratch:Honestly some people. :rolleyes: :D

Of course he's real dhama. Next you'll be telling me you don't believe in fairies or Hogwarts either. :lol:

susan
27th Apr 2006, 20:06
The only way it will happen is if Crystal Dynamics choose to use that character (like they did with Winston and Zip). Or if Eidos Interactive, in an extremely nice mood, asked Core Design to continue with the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 7 and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 8 projects, whilst Crystal Dynamics worked on Legend 2 (this may confuse some people...to put it simply, if they did that, they'd be following to two alternative storylines at once, with two seperate lines of games. :thumbsup:

They could continue AoD as a Kurtis only project though. Have a Lara cutscene at the beginning to provide the continuance and then move straight into Kurtis's story.

I actually think this is something Crystal Dynamics could do very, very well. It plays to their strengths and love of story.

They'd still have to cross the hurdle of bad PR against AoD, but it's possible if they get the right marketing/advertising team on board.

Maybe?? :confused: :)

FerGie
19th May 2006, 12:54
They could continue AoD as a Kurtis only project though. Have a Lara cutscene at the beginning to provide the continuance and then move straight into Kurtis's story.

I actually think this is something Crystal Dynamics could do very, very well. It plays to their strengths and love of story.

That's a real good idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D