PDA

View Full Version : Does Lara get to perform hand to hand combat?

melviso
27th Dec 2005, 16:02
I am tired of watching Lara fight hand to hand in cutscences :mad: . It would be cool to control the action during gameplay.
So whats the story in Legends.Is it gonna be all gunshots or some fights as well? I suggest they take a clue from Path of Neo, the new matrix game.Maybe a way of slowing the action as Lara punches or somersaults over a dangerous ledge.

TRfan
27th Dec 2005, 17:04
I dont mind hand to hand combat as long as its done correctly. The combat in AoD was just... bad. I also hope they add in a few grapple moves.

THE True Lara
27th Dec 2005, 18:52
Time slowing functions wouldn't be relevant to Tomb Raider, the accent is on making it more realistic and closer to TR's roots, not less so.
If it's those ledges you're worried about though, you'll be happy to hear that the word is; Lara's more self aware and will automatically make a grab to stop herself if she goes over the edge so to speak.
From what I've read hand to hand is a possible option, and the gameplay is split about 80-20 puzzles-gunplay.

Combat aside, most of AOD was spoilt by the appalling control system, but as Legend has addressed that issue, hopefully we can expect great things...

LCTR:AoD
29th Dec 2005, 12:07
I dont mind hand to hand combat as long as its done correctly. The combat in AoD was just... bad. I also hope they add in a few grapple moves.

Talking about bad Lara would still kick in mid air even if the person was dead and under her leg :D

Jorge22
29th Dec 2005, 13:03
The only interesting hand to hand combat I've seen so far was in Omikron.