PDA

View Full Version : Question / Gewehr 43 mistake [merged threads]

DRWs
9th Dec 2005, 14:20
Hello. Strike Force is looking awsome, although I have a question.
The picture of the M1 Garand is totally wrong... It's a enfield rifle, which is british. Just want to know what's up with that.
Also, the Winchester Riot shotgun wasn't used during WWII was it?

sick
9th Dec 2005, 17:35
I did a quick search on wikipedia, and it seems you're right about the Garand M1 (it looks like it's an enfield indeed, will contact Eidos.)

Regarding the Winchester Riot I found this:

During World War 2, the shotgun was not used heavily in the war in Europe by official military forces. However, the shotgun was a favorite weapon of Allied supported partisans, such as the French Resistance. By contrast, in the Pacific theater, thick jungles and heavily fortified positions made the shotgun a favorite weapon of United States Marines. Marines tended to use pump shotguns, since the pump action was less likely to jam in the humid and dirty conditions of the Pacific campaign.
So yes, they were used, but only in a small number. :)

plop
9th Dec 2005, 22:23
I was just lookign through the armoury on the site and i noticed a mistake. THe Gewehr 43 was not a shotgun, it was a semi-automatic rifle like the M1 garand (on the site the M1 Garand has the wrong picture, it has a picture of a lee-enfield instead). The picture of the Gewehr 43 also has a scope signifying its use as a snipers weapon.

Nzap
10th Dec 2005, 22:32
I was just lookign through the armoury on the site and i noticed a mistake. THe Gewehr 43 was not a shotgun, it was a semi-automatic rifle like the M1 garand (on the site the M1 Garand has the wrong picture, it has a picture of a lee-enfield instead). The picture of the Gewehr 43 also has a scope signifying its use as a snipers weapon.

Yes, I saw that too. Big mistake :mad: :D :eek: :(

sick
11th Dec 2005, 02:50
Merged threads since it's about the same thing. :)
Let's hope it's a mistake on the site and not a mistake in the game, else Pyro has a bigger problem. :p Anyway, I'll pass it on to Eidos. Thanks for the heads-up!! :thumbsup: