PDA

View Full Version : Peacefully Annex Muslim Nations

Catfish55
5th Dec 2005, 18:58
Both Egypt and the Turks have had 100 sympathy towards my empire but they have not been peacefully annexed. Is there something in the game that prevents muslim nations from being peacefully annexed?

officerpuppy
5th Dec 2005, 19:28
Not at all. It might be a bug, I myself have had some nations with 100 sympathy and they never became part of my empire. I suggest giving them a monetary incentive to get them to join you.

ricca
7th Dec 2005, 11:27
Ive peacefully annexed all the n.african countries inc. Egypt in a campaign
but it wasnt easy. I had to throw lots of gold at them . I think
the neutral countries become early targets by the big empires.

The mediterraenean ports are kinda important esp. to Brit player.

c00lizz
11th Dec 2005, 19:33
Well, assuming you've got a consulate there nothing *should* be stopping them from converting. As suggested try throwing some gold at them, or simple include them in your defensive pact(+2 relationship).

hen5ri
14th Feb 2006, 23:38
Not at all. It might be a bug, I myself have had some nations with 100 sympathy and they never became part of my empire. I suggest giving them a monetary incentive to get them to join you.

Make sure that you have a consulate there.

I have peacefully assimilated not only Egypt, but the whole Ottoman Empire without firing a shot. The way to do it is when you conquer a territory, immediately give it back and your popularity shoots up. Do it 3 or 4 times and everyone will be knocking at your door wanting to join up. Use alliances, and rights of passage to help. The improvement of relations is good for a final push, but it will usually cost you 5000 or so...Then there are the quests.

Henri

General Skobby
15th Feb 2006, 07:35
My average sympathy is about 15 and everyone hate e but still I'm advancing quite far and my bro who's got a similar stiuation even has captured Prussia, Spain, Portugal and all of Italy. Its much more fun taking them out the hard way.

edit:oh yeah and his Bonapart is a Marshal

mongoose8
22nd Mar 2006, 01:29
you cant do anything peacful with those "militant" (political correctness) muslims....