PDA

View Full Version : Hello

E5I5O
1st Dec 2005, 10:28
I used to post here a long time ago, and I haven't really kept up with any news regarding LOK, or any games for that matter. I know there are no LOK games scheduled for release in the foreseeable future, but I did hear word that if there are any new installments of LOK, the game developers may be different this time around. Could anyone tell me anything they know regarding this information, or revert me back to a thread where this has already been discussed? I could probably try to look through all these threads myself, but that would take a whole lot longer than just asking someone who already knows. Thanks. :)

Vampmaster
1st Dec 2005, 12:19
There's already several threads and Umah will probably close this one. However I did a bit of research on who might write the next game:

I think at least one of those three (Jen Fernández, Richard Lemarchand, and Kyle Mannerberg) left Crystal Dynamics, but it might be a good idea if Carol Wolf continued the story since she worked with Amy on the Defiance story and on BO2 as well. There's also Paul Jenkins who worked with Kurt and Richard on the SR2 story who could work on the next one. Brett Robbins, Steven Ross did the BO2 script but IMO (and I think a lot of peoples *tries not to be offensive*) that had the weakest story of the LOK games so maybe the others might be preferable. On the other hand it could have been more difficult because they were writing a bit of a spin off to the SR1 & 2 plot and none of them had worked on the other games. Anyway I think Carol would be the best choice to avoid (or clear up) any plot holes remaining between BO2 and the other games having worked on both BO2 and Defiance. I checked SR1 as well. There's Jim Curry who worked on the SR1 script with Amy and Richard and Seth Carus who worked with Amy on the story concept. So there's plenty people who could write the next game. Hopefully there's still a few of them at Crystal Dynamics.

There's more disscussion in http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53918&page=2 and http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=27610 but nothing confirmed other that one was being planned.

E5I5O
1st Dec 2005, 13:02
There's already several threads and Umah will probably close this one. However I did a bit of research on who might write the next game I kinda figured that. I hope I haven't ruffled any feathered as a result of posting this. It's just that it's been so long since the last time I was here, and embarking upon the dubious task of searching through all of these threads for some info on this subject seemed kinda insurmountable. Thanks for the help, and links. ;)

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Dec 2005, 04:32
I kinda figured that. I hope I haven't ruffled any feathered as a result of posting this. It's just that it's been so long since the last time I was here, and embarking upon the dubious task of searching through all of these threads for some info on this subject seemed kinda insurmountable. Thanks for the help, and links. ;)

I assure you that you have not "ruffled any feathers". ;)

The logic behind closing repetitive topics and keeping them contained to a few threads as opposed to three-thousand is to make it so you won't have to sift through them all day. I do my best to keep a lot of the "every-day" threads close at hand so they're easier to refer people to. (E.g. action figure discussion, movie/book discussions, LOK6 discussions, etc.)

BTW, thanks, Vamp. :)