PDA

View Full Version : Lego SW PC Version Crashes - Help!

Joetourist
28th Nov 2005, 22:59
I have a crashing problem. I have a P4 2.4 Ghz with a GeForce FX 5200, 512 RAM. The game runs smooth then all of a sudden I get a crash back to Desktop. Sometimes I can just click on the minimized window and the game comes back on. Sometimes I lose the game completely. I have the latest drivers from nVidia.

One other symptom which may contribute. My screensaver has been turning off on its own lately. It will just all of a sudden turn off when nobody is near the computer. I would love any suggestions.

Dave

intrepid_soul
29th Nov 2005, 23:17
The screen saver issue sounds like you have something running in the background, and that may be related to Star Wars. Go to your task manager and click on the Processes tab, close down everything that Windows allows you to. Try playing the game, if you don't crash you will know one of the things you shut down was the culprit. Now this is where you have to play Matlock, restart the machine, and all those processes will be back. Close down half of them, see if the game runs, if it doesn't then you know its one of the ones you still have running. Repeat this process until you determine the one process that is causing it.

At that point you have two options, just shut this process down everytime you want to play Lego Star Wars, or go search the name of the process on the internet and see what it is where it comes from and how to disable it forever.

Joetourist
30th Nov 2005, 01:47
Seems to work. I did a clean boot with nothing running in the background and it works fine. So does the screensaver. Now I'll just figure out which one. Thanks.