PDA

View Full Version : Defective discs

Darkjediben
23rd Nov 2005, 20:07
I was searching the posts for an answer to my problems with this game, and I came upon a thread called Copy protection A guy named Bill was having problems with his disc, and at the bottom of the post, an administrator said there was a whole defective batch of discs sent out. They had 'DISC I' printed in the lower left corner of the disc in yellow. Mine had this problem.

I can't believe that this isn't a front page error thing. I only found this out by chance, and it REALLY pisses me off. WTF is wrong with this company? I don't even know why they bother to have a support forum.

JoeTheZombie
25th Nov 2005, 20:55
I've had problems with this damn game since the day I purchased it.

* I posted problems to these forums which remain unanswered.
* I opened "trouble tickets" with Eidos that remain unanswered.
* I even emailed Giant, and actually got a response apologising for lack of support at Eidos, and stating the problem would be followed up with the developers and I should expect a response in 24 hours. Guess what, it remains unanswered.

This is the *very last time* I will purchase an Eidos game.

thomwatson
14th Dec 2005, 02:45
I agree that this was too difficult to find. Moreover, when I called the telephone number listed for resolving the problem:

If you are receiving the error "Wrong Disk Inserted" and your Lego Star Wars disk label has "Disk 1" in yellow text on the left side, you have a defective disk. Please call (800) 252-1738 and follow all the instructions given to receive a replacement disk.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I get a voicemail asking me to enter the extension for the person I want to talk to, with no other options, and hanging up on me when I don't enter an extension.

My problem is compounded by the fact that this was a Christmas gift from an out-of-town friend, so I don't even have the original receipt. I hate to tell him that his gift didn't work, and I'm frustrated that Eidos makes it impossible to get a replacement disk otherwise, and that they make it so difficult to even find out that there's a known problem with a quantity of discs.

melfin812
19th Jan 2006, 03:03
I just finished reading all the posts about the defective discs. How do you know if you have one of them? On the front of my disc, on the left, under the rating box, it says, in yellow, "DISC 1". I am getting ready to go buy a new graphics card and I would like to know beforehand.