PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: PC Version Issues

Vannyty
24th Aug 2013, 17:52
Tried almost everything from uninstall/reinstall, changing screen resolution, tweaking browser.
Help, I'm out of ideas and I badly want to play early access.

Thanks,

Nessanar
24th Aug 2013, 18:29
Does this happen after you click "Play" from the launcher? I'm having a similar issue where the game will sort of start up, get to the screen where it says Start, Configuration, and Exit. When I click start the screen stays black. I reinstalled, no fix.

When the main game screen comes up, after you select "Play", look at the game version in the upper left corner. My launcher says 2013.08.22.0000.0001, but my game itself says 2013.08.22.0001.0000 which is incorrect I think.

Terrif
24th Aug 2013, 18:58
Hello, Anyone else having a problem after you get to the screen that has the options start, configure, settings??? Like I am able to log in fine. It asks me to calibrate, but I don't have a controller so I skip that part. Then I click start but it gets stuck at the black screen with the log in thing spinning in the bottom right corner. Is there any fixes to this problem??? I have the same problem on 2 different computers in the house.

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 19:20
Same thing happening with my wife's machine. Mine installed and ran fine. I'm going through the process(s).

I've redownloaded and reinstalled.
Reinstalled all drivers.

I'll post if I come across a fix. Hold tight.

Nessanar
24th Aug 2013, 19:24
Squigibo, I found a fix from a friend for this! I had the same problem and posted about it earlier.

Go to My Documents/My Games/Final Fantasy XIV (or whatever your final fantasy folder is called). There'll be a file inside named FFXIV.cfg

Open it with Notepad or Notepad++, find the line called CutsceneMovieOpening, and change the number beside it to a 1 instead of a 0. Fixed the problem for me!

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 19:25
you get the little "loading" animation? There's another thread started about this as well. My machine installed fine. My wifes machine that is a duplicate of my setup is getting this.
I've downloaded and reinstalled
rechecked graphics drivers,
copied my version over to her machine,
reset all registry entries back to default.

I'm now going after other drivers like audio.

Nessanar
24th Aug 2013, 19:27
Yeah the guy who posted the other thread is my boyfriend, we've both had this issue. I posted the answer in the other thread but might as well put it here too in case people find it.

Go to My Documents/My Games/Final Fantasy XIV (or whatever your final fantasy folder is called). There'll be a file inside named FFXIV.cfg

Open it with Notepad or Notepad++, find the line called CutsceneMovieOpening, and change the number beside it to a 1 instead of a 0. Fixed the problem for me!

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 21:05
That was part of the fix. Looks like DirectX fails, then it set's the cutscene to 0. It get' stuck in a loop of some sort. After reinstalling DirectX Web Install, I did your fix and it ran. Looks like DirectX is borked, but it doesn't know it crashed.

yay for us.

Vannyty
24th Aug 2013, 21:29
Hi Nessanar,

There's no CutsceneMovieOpening on the FFXIV config file.
Please help. Badly wanna play early access.

Thanks

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 22:32
Could be worse. Could be EA.
I remember back when they launched a Battlefield Addon the thursday before Easter. Login server crashed Friday and wasn't started until Tuesday. Four days stuck in the house with screaming nephews and nieces.

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 23:11
There's a few renegade threads regarding this.
I fixed mine by reinstalling DirectX. First run this.
DirectX WebInstall (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35)
If that doesn't work, then run
SFC /SCANNOW
from command prompt (can take a while)

DasdeThwar
25th Aug 2013, 17:36
Anyone else having this issue where you load up the launcher, click Play, then get all the way to the Start/Config/Exit screen only to see that Start is grayed out and then you get disconnected with the Disconnected from Lobby, Error 2002?

PoppaDoc
25th Aug 2013, 17:37
its happening to me on PS3

DasdeThwar
25th Aug 2013, 17:39
It's happening to me on PC, I've tried everything. Including reinstalling.

PoppaDoc
25th Aug 2013, 17:41
had to relog only to get the the "Unable to Update Group EU/NA Characters" screen...

PoppaDoc
25th Aug 2013, 17:42
Got past that only to get to the "Server Full, Please try again later" screen

PoppaDoc
25th Aug 2013, 17:43
WOOT! im in que now....

PoppaDoc
25th Aug 2013, 17:45
i guess its a process... ><

DasdeThwar
25th Aug 2013, 18:13
OK,
Follow up to my original post of having a constant Error 2002 kicked out of lobby and seeing a continuous grayed out Start button.

What I did was simple:

I'm on Xfinity smalll business speed/internet and went into my router to change 2 things:

- Ensured P2P and uPnP were enabled
- Customized my router's Firewall settings to allow for P2P, but still blocked out certain P2P programs that have known to cause issues.

Logged in and now good to go!

I just wanted to pass on the solution to help anyone else having the same problems, since we are getting such great customer support from SE!

Woobisan
25th Aug 2013, 22:27
Thank you ssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! i luv u, my start button is working, i also have comcast :)

Doomachine
7th Sep 2013, 18:53
Hi, i bought the first edition of final fantasy XIV three years ago, i heard that i could play "Real reborn" with my old registration code, but when i tried to add the game into my account it doesn't work, it says that my code is invalid, i played for a while in the old version and then stopped but now that i got some friends who joined the community i would really love to play again, my account haven't changed since i played in the first version, and i can show you screenshots of my product registration card any time, so please do contact me so i can fix this problem.

In short what i want is for someone from support to contact me so i can show him that i have really bought the game and that i have a registration code but that this code is invalid for some unknown reason.

Thanks in advance.

yourself76
7th Sep 2013, 19:11
Hi, i bought the first edition of final fantasy XIV three years ago, i heard that i could play "Real reborn" with my old registration code, but when i tried to add the game into my account it doesn't work, it says that my code is invalid, i played for a while in the old version and then stopped but now that i got some friends who joined the community i would really love to play again, my account haven't changed since i played in the first version, and i can show you screenshots of my product registration card any time, so please do contact me so i can fix this problem.

In short what i want is for someone from support to contact me so i can show him that i have really bought the game and that i have a registration code but that this code is invalid for some unknown reason.

Thanks in advance.

Same thing here...

Doomachine
7th Sep 2013, 19:31
Ok, so i solved my problem, seemed it was a simple error from my part, so everything is fixed, but i was wondering about my character, i used to have a pugilist, will i have to start from the start again or can i get him back ?

hellieorama
7th Sep 2013, 19:33
Ok, so i solved my problem, seemed it was a simple error from my part, so everything is fixed, but i was wondering about my character, i used to have a pugilist, will i have to start from the start again or can i get him back ?

please share how you fixed your problems so others can fix theirs too :)

Doomachine
7th Sep 2013, 19:45
Well i already played in the FFXIV 1.0, i just downloaded the launcher and started downloading the game and used my old account and i went in, seems he didn't recognize my registration code because it was already used in my own account, that's why i said it was an error from my part. But still i'm not totally sure, i'm still waiting for the patch to finish and to get inside the game to be sure. And i still have the problem of my old characters, will i get them back or not.

AdmiralKawaii
7th Sep 2013, 23:20
So my physical copy of this game just arrived and I went to input the code on the launcher and it says the damn key is invalid? I bought the game from the Square Enix site so I know it's not a bootleg copy can somebody help me. -_-

Voudisteppi2
8th Sep 2013, 03:50
I think it is not invalid (mainly because mine are too, lol).
It's their way of telling you that they're not accepting any new registrations right now as of heavy server load.
All you can do is wait.

hellieorama
8th Sep 2013, 06:50
So my physical copy of this game just arrived and I went to input the code on the launcher and it says the damn key is invalid? I bought the game from the Square Enix site so I know it's not a bootleg copy can somebody help me. -_-

without trying to sound condencending, no pun intented mate... the code is case sensitive... you sure you didn't put the letters in the code in lower case? because the has to be inputted like U8S4 instead of u8s4

again, no pun intented, im 100% serious about this

funkykafka
17th Sep 2013, 10:41
I bought the game, install went fine, plays great (other than an annoying absence of audio for dialogue, which I imagine is intended)

The problem I have is I can't register the game. I go to that registration page in my account & I'm given 2 options to register a game: to put in either a code with 2 sets of 6 letters & 3 numbers, or a code with one set of 8 letters & one set of 4 numbers. The problem is that the product code I was given is a 20 digit product code broken into five 4 letter/number combinations. So I can play the game just fine, but according to my Square Enix account I not only don't have a subscription to this game, I don't even own it.

TheRealKraggy
17th Sep 2013, 12:57
As a small note there is no voice acting in the intro video just a narrative.

However, your main point is how the hell can you login to be able to not hear it when the SE Account says you don't have the game. :scratch:

So let's get this straight, you have an SE Account and you can log into it, then using the same name and password you can log into the game launcher and play? I know you just wrote that but humour me, that's right, yes?

Where did you buy it?

Where did you use the 20-digit code you have? Thing is, you can't log into this forum to post without registering with this site which is not the same as the SE Account; I'm thinking the code you have is the one needed to register here.

Just what if anything does your SE Account tell you about what it 'knows' about your playing of this game. The only explanation I can think of right now is that somehow the game got automatically registered, maybe that happens if you buy the download from the Store.

There have been many weird 'code problems' posted in recent weeks, this is the most bizarre I can recall.

TheRealKraggy
17th Sep 2013, 13:01
I just read your reply in the thread you posted yesterday evening to which I replied this morning.

Given you did have a V1 registered game then that probably explains why you can play, Mog Station though should show you that.

funkykafka
17th Sep 2013, 16:50
As a small note there is no voice acting in the intro video just a narrative.

However, your main point is how the hell can you login to be able to not hear it when the SE Account says you don't have the game. :scratch:

So let's get this straight, you have an SE Account and you can log into it, then using the same name and password you can log into the game launcher and play? I know you just wrote that but humour me, that's right, yes?

Where did you buy it?

Where did you use the 20-digit code you have? Thing is, you can't log into this forum to post without registering with this site which is not the same as the SE Account; I'm thinking the code you have is the one needed to register here.

Just what if anything does your SE Account tell you about what it 'knows' about your playing of this game. The only explanation I can think of right now is that somehow the game got automatically registered, maybe that happens if you buy the download from the Store.

There have been many weird 'code problems' posted in recent weeks, this is the most bizarre I can recall.

I bought the game via Gamestop digital download.

As far as my SE account knowing anything about me owning this game, as far as SE is concerned -- as I'm now logged in to my account & looking at all my account info -- I don't even own this game. The game doesn't show up as one of my games. According to the SE account I don't have any SE games at all, just an account profile to access this site & forums.

The main concern I have with this is I'm wondering how I'm going to be billed, and how I'd be able to cancel the sub if I needed to.

I suppose I'll have to contact SE at some point to resolve the issue, although I think I'll wait a few weeks because I was on hold for over an hour the other day on both online chat & phone customer service before I finally gave up.

Azinea
21st Sep 2013, 18:09
I bought the game 5-6 days ago and im still getting directX errors

When downloading the game the install made me have to update my directX to directX 11...If i didn't accept the update the download wouldn't have installed...If directX 9-10 work with the game why would i have to update to 11?

Is anyone else getting directX errors since updating to 11? /=

...I really just want to play )=

Killog
25th Sep 2013, 16:00
Hey guys,

I have a question and i hope you guys can help me out!

I played this game fine untill last week, when i decided to reinstall my PC.

After a fresh installation of windows 7, i downloaded the FFXIV installer from:
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

When asked to log in my existing square enix account it then asks me to fill in my registration key..
Wich i think is weird since my code should be bound to my account, but when i do enter it i then
get the message ist already in use...

So im stuck in the installer and i dont know how i can fix this..

Am i using the wrong installer?
Or is it something else im doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance.

o7

Cyluss
26th Sep 2013, 01:00
I am having the same trouble. I decided to download the ARR client, and whenever I put my registration key in from ffxiv v1 it tells me It's already being used. I've been searching google trying to find an answer to this, but haven't had any luck. Hopefully someone knows what I'm doing wrong here.