PDA

View Full Version : FF XIV: To Purchase or Not To Purchase? That is the Question.

Malice212
22nd Jun 2012, 05:13
Released way back in 2010, yeah?

Just been busy with other stuff and other games. Didn't really have a capable computer till now

So I am wondering is it too late to start playing this game fresh? I have experience with MMO's but never a FF MMO.

tiaeltaru
22nd Jun 2012, 05:45
You'd be fine, specially considering they're rebooting it later this year with FFXIV 2.0 followed by the PS3 release which will bring in hopefully a lot of new players.

member_10216825
8th Aug 2012, 11:34
I was wondering if i should buy this game or not?

Is the game good?
Is there a lot to do?
Is it nice looking?
Is the story good?
Is there many of problems left?
Is it worth the asking price?
Is there a lot of players?
Is there pvp in the game?

I just want to know if there is a lot do and will it keep me interested for a while?

thanks!!

member_10538132
21st Aug 2012, 06:34
I was wondering if i should buy this game or not?

Is the game good?

The currnet verison of the game is very good, though it does have a learning curve to the game. right now we're in the final touches of 1.0 and soon we will hit 2.0

Is there a lot to do?

other than leveling we have a main quest line, a grand company questline (that deals with the current meteor storyline) about 100 or so quest. end game you have 3 dungeons (two of them are tough) 2 primal fights (iffy is tough because of SE lag and garuda is kind of tough) and a moogle battle. Also we have skimish and other things to get gear

Is it nice looking?

the best looking MMO out there

Is the story good?

the current meteor storyline is good but will be gone coming 2.0

Is there many of problems left?

lots, but isn't the same game @ launch

Is it worth the asking price?

20 bucks for a game that soon will have potential? hell yeah

Is there a lot of players?

my server is filled up with a lot of players, so servers are pretty poppin, since the did a few merges here and there.

Is there pvp in the game?

have to wait for 2.0

here is the link to 2.0 gameplay coming at the begining of 2013

youtu.be/b_tSp7vwDfA (http://youtu.be/b_tSp7vwDfA)

member_10644580
3rd Jan 2013, 01:18
Hmm I got the collector's edition of FFXIV when it first came out, I was excited to try and learn a new game and play with friends that were thinking about getting the game with me. Only to find out how bad the actual game was.....

So the point I want to bring up is this, would (FFXIV: a realm reborn) going to be worth while, that I would enjoy playing this with some friends, or is it going to be the same horrible experience I had when FFXIV first came out.

And should I keep said collector's edition if a new one is going to be coming out anyways?

Mayvin
3rd Jan 2013, 01:52
I can't really answer that for you since the game is not out yet.

What i can tell you though is that you're not the only one.
FFXIV didn't feel like fun, it felt like work and i totally understand your concern.The good news is that SQEX knows it too. From what i know, they remade the team from scratch, sent in numbers of patches beyond count and now, with FFXIV:ARR, it should look much better (i hope!). You can look forward to a revamped battle system and interfaces, totally remade areas,easier to follow quests and so on.

In my personnal opinion, i don't want to be too excited about it, but i think it's worth checking out.
As for your collector's edition, if it were me, i'd hold on to it a bit longer.

Hope this helped!

Kursik
4th Jan 2013, 23:18
As an Alpha tester I've agreed to the NDA so I can't say anything about what it looks like or even plays like. However I can say these few things:

Get excited and You are gonna be in for one Hell of a treat! 8)

member_10213049
7th Jan 2013, 20:22
I'm sure it would be good to wait a week after it comes out to check out the changes and improvments to the game that make the game worth it for others, then try it out for yourself for a month if your still interested if others are enjoying it too.

LemonCordial
7th Jan 2013, 20:42
Do anyone knows what is the exact date this game will be released?

Iceaura90
8th Jan 2013, 11:29

no idea :[

lh1130-123415
17th Jan 2013, 16:13

Judging from the road map I would say that a retail box version will not be avalible til early July at the soonest and probably August in my guesstimation

KnightValor
23rd Jan 2013, 11:23
It will be interesting http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

member_10168025
23rd Jan 2013, 11:31
Hmm I got the collector's edition of FFXIV when it first came out, I was excited to try and learn a new game and play with friends that were thinking about getting the game with me. Only to find out how bad the actual game was.....

So the point I want to bring up is this, would (FFXIV: a realm reborn) going to be worth while, that I would enjoy playing this with some friends, or is it going to be the same horrible experience I had when FFXIV first came out.

And should I keep said collector's edition if a new one is going to be coming out anyways?

100% guaranteed FFXIV:ARR will come out and play much better and be much more enjoyable than FFXIV when it first was released. Many people who played FFXIV 1.0 enjoyed the game very extently before it was shut down. The original FFXIV development team was shuffled, and a new producer/director was brought in, Mr. Naoki Yoshida. The game was adjusted as best it could in its current form to run better, and the playability was greatly enhanced. The same development team (under Yoshida) is in charge of FFXIV:ARR, so basically it will be just as enjoyable but with a new user interface, and graphics engine, (as you can see in the YouTube alpha videos.)

I cannot say "its worth it" but i can guarantee that it will be many times better than FFXIV 1.0.

xlostsoulsx
26th Aug 2013, 10:55
I'm new to FF online MMO

Is this any like GW2 and WoW?

archy1985
26th Aug 2013, 10:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeO2oNe19Ko

xlostsoulsx
26th Aug 2013, 11:47
Thanks!

Clasik
7th Sep 2013, 18:53
I know nothing of Final Fantasy. I was around when it came out on Nintendo in the 80s but I never played it, and I never played any of the other games that came out afterward and I didn't see the movie in 2001. I'm a complete novice at FF lore. But I've played Warcraft since 2005 and I enjoy that MMO. Today, after I checked the website and looked at all of the elements and it made me excited to think of playing in a world like this for a change. After 10 mins on the FF site, I was sold and made me want to go out and buy this game. Today. Except I can't.

Wow. (No I don't mean that in the World of Warcraft sense).

I mean really, Wow. I'm sitting here typing this right now because my entire area is sold out of the game at literally every video game and department store within 100 miles of me. Maybe even further. Probably further. And of course, we all know that the digital download is unavailable.

Why else am I here? I'm doing research. I figure if I can't play the game then I might as well read about it. Learn about it. I've been watching reviews on IGN and YouTube, and I've decided to read forums and try to glean the good things and bad things about this game. So far, the nay-sayers agree that this game is very unpolished and needs more development. The yay-sayers claim that may be true but WOW and countless other games were also clunky at their release. My good friend has the game and he's given me the run down. He really likes it.

I've watched enough reviews at this point to make me become very apprehensive about buying the game. At least today - as if I could. It seems the game's best feature is the breathtaking graphics which, sadly I don't think my own machine is going to be able really make that shine since its a few years old now and I didn't pay $2000 for a fancy computer, but I digress. The worst feature seems to be some interface issues? (Supposedly they will fix this later). I'm thinking I might buy this game later. I don't really have a choice anyway. LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to post this to help anyone else who was thinking about joining the rest of the world who seems to be buying this game and trying to make a decision too.

Can anyone think of a reason why this game is worth the trouble right now?

Thanks for the feedback.

Densel13
7th Sep 2013, 21:39
I've played FFXI and World of Warcraft for a long time and I gotta say, this game is awesome. I played FFXI for a long time and then WOW for yearrrsss. Wow got really boring and then this hit the stores and just from playing the beta I was sold. Yes its had its problems just like most MMO's do but it has been worth it IMO, I cant put the damn thing down. First MMO I play that makes me complete forget about WoW and never want to go back to it haha.

They just added new servers too so everything has been good since they did that, I've had no login issues at all, just smooth sailing. So if you're a MMO lover like I am, I say go balls deep and get it asap. You wont be disappointed.

Blair1955
7th Sep 2013, 23:27
I know nothing of Final Fantasy. I was around when it came out on Nintendo in the 80s but I never played it, and I never played any of the other games that came out afterward and I didn't see the movie in 2001. I'm a complete novice at FF lore. But I've played Warcraft since 2005 and I enjoy that MMO. Today, after I checked the website and looked at all of the elements and it made me excited to think of playing in a world like this for a change. After 10 mins on the FF site, I was sold and made me want to go out and buy this game. Today. Except I can't.

Wow. (No I don't mean that in the World of Warcraft sense).

I mean really, Wow. I'm sitting here typing this right now because my entire area is sold out of the game at literally every video game and department store within 100 miles of me. Maybe even further. Probably further. And of course, we all know that the digital download is unavailable.

Why else am I here? I'm doing research. I figure if I can't play the game then I might as well read about it. Learn about it. I've been watching reviews on IGN and YouTube, and I've decided to read forums and try to glean the good things and bad things about this game. So far, the nay-sayers agree that this game is very unpolished and needs more development. The yay-sayers claim that may be true but WOW and countless other games were also clunky at their release. My good friend has the game and he's given me the run down. He really likes it.

I've watched enough reviews at this point to make me become very apprehensive about buying the game. At least today - as if I could. It seems the game's best feature is the breathtaking graphics which, sadly I don't think my own machine is going to be able really make that shine since its a few years old now and I didn't pay $2000 for a fancy computer, but I digress. The worst feature seems to be some interface issues? (Supposedly they will fix this later). I'm thinking I might buy this game later. I don't really have a choice anyway. LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to post this to help anyone else who was thinking about joining the rest of the world who seems to be buying this game and trying to make a decision too.

Can anyone think of a reason why this game is worth the trouble right now?

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn’t know anything about FF either, a buddy of mine was playing FF 11 and it looked pretty good. So I tried this and it’s well worth the money I’d say go for it. You could always try EBay for a copy..