what was your greatest land or naval battle ever,post here

falcons1988
11th Nov 2005, 19:35
Greatest Air Battle: Battle of Britain
Greatest Land Battle: Desert Storm
Greatest Sea Battle: Trafalgar

c00lizz
14th Nov 2005, 09:06
Falcons confuse me, are we discussing actual battles or ingame battles?

southpark
3rd Dec 2005, 11:39
Greatest Air Battle: Battle for Britain
Greatest Land Battle: Waterloo
Greatest Sea battle:Trafalgar

LordEmperor
9th Feb 2006, 12:57
When got air battle?? in the 3rd area only have?? Plz tell more about tht....i am a noobie player....

Lefebvre
9th Feb 2006, 13:45
maybe you guys are using winged horses or something, but I reckon aerial combat was fairly rare in the Napoleonic era ;)

One time I was invading England with 3 generals (15 units altogether) and caused 1,025 casualties for 125 losses, which was pretty nice. That's the most casualties I ever caused.

Later in the same campaign I had 3 other generals against a lot of Militia units in France and caused 529 casualties for no loss, which was nice.

The best battles though tend to be the ones where I face a greater challenge from the AI, ones where I have to think and act fast to recover a situation that could turn sour at any second. One time I was in Russia against a huge Infantry force and was almost wiped out by flanking Infantry troops and a rogue Militia unit that came round behind me unnoticed, but just held on by using my cavalry to dash back and forth plugging gaps in my lines. I enjoyed that one just coz it was so close a call.

Dasara II
14th Feb 2006, 18:07
Most of my exciting battles have occurred in Hanover. This particular map is well balanced with the the 2 opposite farm houses and the river with 1 bridge in between.

On one occasion I (France) has just taken Hanover by peaceful means and then the Russians invaded. They had over 1200 troops and I had 900 :cool:

There was a cavalry duel on the small hill on my side of the map near the bridge. I was able to push the cavalry off the hill (with the help of lineman) and then put my artillery with skirmisher's on the hill.

The Russian infantry, bravely match through the river as my soldiers rained hell from above. The Russian with stuck on a little island in the middle of the river and even unlimbered their artillery on this island. But the advantage of height and will placed firepower ensured that their guns fell silent after a short period of time.

Still, I took 600 casualties and wiped out there entire force :thumbsup:

It turned out to be the pivotal battle to stop Russian expansion into central Europe :)

General Skobby
15th Feb 2006, 08:04
In my games prussia nad austria ake put half of russia

von_lipwig
28th Feb 2006, 10:43
My greatest battle thusfar must be when I was attacking Brandenburg palace as Russia against Prussia. They had al dived behind the barrickades they put up, and while I marched my men forward, I let one dragoon devision take the more or less secret route to the right of the map.

Long story short, they got the enemy from behind and the palace itself was cleared quite fast when I started bombarding it with canons.

I think it was about 50 casualties to my side against 640 on his side.

mongoose8
2nd Mar 2006, 19:07
i got my game working and the patch didnt help

anyways....you guys put way too much strategy in to your battles:rolleyes:
i just put my militia in front of my riflemen and my cannons behind them, with my cavaly on the side.......very easy

Landwehr
21st Apr 2006, 18:03
I am currently doing the France campaign on med and am crushing all who appose me! Heck I don't even need sympathy points. It's 1807 I think i'm way ahead of the rest of the world, Austria and Prussia are conquered Russia is my number one enemy now. I have sooo much gold it's like 81000. Infantry is not the key Cavalry and millitia is, it Works great!
I have my army organized historicaly Soult, is light infantry. Bonaparte is Infantry. Murat is cav. and Ney is Dead; killed in the begining.:(

Slateman
22nd Apr 2006, 13:11
I am currently doing the France campaign on med and am crushing all who appose me! Heck I don't even need sympathy points. It's 1807 I think i'm way ahead of the rest of the world, Austria and Prussia are conquered Russia is my number one enemy now. I have sooo much gold it's like 81000. Infantry is not the key Cavalry and millitia is, it Works great!
I have my army organized historicaly Soult, is light infantry. Bonaparte is Infantry. Murat is cav. and Ney is Dead; killed in the begining.:(

Actually, historically speaking, Bonaparte was an artillery officer. For example see Toulon and "The wiff of grapeshot"