PDA

View Full Version : Problems with GameCube Version

Atp627
6th Nov 2005, 16:36
I recently purchased (and beat) this game, and was wondering whether the following problems are glitches, and there's nothing I can do about them, or are disc defects, and I should seek a replacement. My copy has no scratches, and my GameCube works fine with any other games.

1) The music skips frequently and consistently in various levels and in Dexter's Diner.

2) On the Discovery on Kamino level, there is a certain part where you go up an elevator, chasing Jango Fett. He flies down a hallway and knocks down a bunch of blocks over an Astromech panel, and you must use the force to remove them. If one player is using the force on the blocks (and thus in the process of uncovering the panel) and the other player leaves the room, and then they reenter the room, the Astromech panel will be completely uncovered. However, if you try to use R2-D2 or R4-P17 to activate the panel, you cannot. Therefore, you cannot complete the level and need to restart in order to complete it.

3) After unlocking Princess Leia at the end of the game, when certain players walk around and shoot, etc., her eyes and mouth detach from her head and float around, then eventually return to her head. Also, when she dies, her head has no eyes or mouth. (This is the most disturbing problem I've ever seen in any game.)

4) May temporarily get stuck in certain corners. (I'm assuming that this is definitely a glitch.)

I tried to look for these issues in the support section of this website, but only the PC, GameBoy Advance, PS2, and XBOX versions were listed. The GameCube one was not there.

Atp627
15th Nov 2005, 01:34
OK, it's been over a week now. If no one can help me, can someone at least say so?

Atp627
20th Nov 2005, 19:07
This is ridiculous, I demand a response as soon as possible.

JoeTheZombie
26th Nov 2005, 00:32
This is ridiculous, I demand a response as soon as possible.

Good luck. Even if you open a support ticket with Eidos, you'll still get shafted.

intrepid_soul
29th Nov 2005, 23:10
I recently purchased (and beat) this game, and was wondering whether the following problems are glitches, and there's nothing I can do about them, or are disc defects, and I should seek a replacement. My copy has no scratches, and my GameCube works fine with any other games.

1) The music skips frequently and consistently in various levels and in Dexter's Diner.

2) On the Discovery on Kamino level, there is a certain part where you go up an elevator, chasing Jango Fett. He flies down a hallway and knocks down a bunch of blocks over an Astromech panel, and you must use the force to remove them. If one player is using the force on the blocks (and thus in the process of uncovering the panel) and the other player leaves the room, and then they reenter the room, the Astromech panel will be completely uncovered. However, if you try to use R2-D2 or R4-P17 to activate the panel, you cannot. Therefore, you cannot complete the level and need to restart in order to complete it.

3) After unlocking Princess Leia at the end of the game, when certain players walk around and shoot, etc., her eyes and mouth detach from her head and float around, then eventually return to her head. Also, when she dies, her head has no eyes or mouth. (This is the most disturbing problem I've ever seen in any game.)

4) May temporarily get stuck in certain corners. (I'm assuming that this is definitely a glitch.)

I tried to look for these issues in the support section of this website, but only the PC, GameBoy Advance, PS2, and XBOX versions were listed. The GameCube one was not there.

Sorry for the late response I don't view these forums as much as I should. We have added Gamecube to the selection on our support site, but there hasn't been any common issues being reported. It seems that you have a defective disk based off the problem you are seeing in Issue 1. The second issue sounds definatly like a bug that was not caught by our QA team or the Nintendo Certification team, but it does sound like you can work around it by not having the secondary character walk off the screen. The third issue is very bizarre, and I have not recieved any emails or phone calls on this one. So I am going to personally go through my copy of Lego Star Wars and unlock Leah and see what I can see. If you could tell me which characters exhibit this behavior after you onlock her that would help too. Issue 4 has been reported in both the PS2 and Xbox version and is due to the isometric camera. I had hoped they could iron out some of those difficulties on the Gamecube but it appears they have not.

So your options at this point would be to exchange it back at the point of purchase and see if the new disc does the same thing. Or there could be another option, try starting the game without a memory card, select new game and see if you hear the skipping, if you don't then the issue could be with the save file, and just deleting the save file and starting over (I know a painful process since you have Leah unlock that is far into the game, but necessary because no symptoms without the save file would tell me its corrupt.

intrepid_soul
29th Nov 2005, 23:11
Good luck. Even if you open a support ticket with Eidos, you'll still get shafted.

Did you not recieve a response, or was it your didn't recieve a response you wanted to hear? If it was the first, what was your issue, you have my undivided attention now.

intrepid_soul
30th Nov 2005, 17:03
The third issue is very bizarre, and I have not recieved any emails or phone calls on this one. So I am going to personally go through my copy of Lego Star Wars and unlock Leah and see what I can see. If you could tell me which characters exhibit this behavior after you onlock her that would help too.

I bring news from the new world. Sorry I always wanted to say that. Anyways, I went home and worked on Lego Star Wars for 6 hours and unlocked Leah. Sure enough it seems that Leah's face is not always attached to her face. If you were in our test department I would say good find, unfortunatly this is in the final product. I did notice it appears to happen more frequently when transistion from room to room. I also noticed that it fixes itself if you go through a door. I agree it looks bad, and was probably missed by our QA team only because of the amount time it take to get her, and they probably just took control, fired her weapon a few times and made sure she could grapple which proved she was functional. If they hadn't transistioned then they would have never seen this issue.

Atp627
30th Nov 2005, 21:44
I will try doing this but I don't know if I have the time. However, my thirty-day warranty has expired since I started this thread. Will I have to pay at this point to get the disk replaced?

intrepid_soul
1st Dec 2005, 17:38
I will try doing this but I don't know if I have the time. However, my thirty-day warranty has expired since I started this thread. Will I have to pay at this point to get the disk replaced?

I would try going back to the store you purchased it from, and see if they will do an exchange, usually retail stores are good about this, if not I will go ahead and authorize an exchange through us. I will private message you a return authorization number, and we can get this swapped out. Unfortunatly we don't have the turn around time that a retail store would, it usually takes about 4-6 weeks to process.