PDA

View Full Version : (Random Post) I just saw movie -Jarhead

marker227
5th Nov 2005, 02:56
I enjoyed it very much. I thought there was going be more action in it but that didn't really matter much in the movie. It was moving and showed a lot about what people go through in war. It was sad... To think about what the soldiers are doing now just sitting in the desert. It all makes you think about this world and whats going on with it. Although I never could join the army with small medical problems. I am thankful that I don't have to go in war someday, but I feel badly about the soldiers that are there now. Missing their wives, girlfriends leaving them because of the distance. There's a lot of pressure on all these guys.

I suggest you see it. I know it made me look at the army a second time.

juggalo41
5th Nov 2005, 04:34
I enjoyed it very much. I thought there was going be more action in it but that didn't really matter much in the movie. It was moving and showed a lot about what people go through in war. It was sad... To think about what the soldiers are doing now just sitting in the desert. It all makes you think about this world and whats going on with it. Although I never could join the army with small medical problems. I am thankful that I don't have to go in war someday, but I feel badly about the soldiers that are there now. Missing their wives, girlfriends leaving them because of the distance. There's a lot of pressure on all these guys.

I suggest you see it. I know it made me look at the army a second time.
i saw jarhead today also...to many s** parts....but yea it kinda did su**..

marker227
5th Nov 2005, 15:19
It's not bad because it didn't have tons of action like "Over There". What makes a good movie is its story line and characters. If you look beyond the action and thrill you would see what I'm talking about.

The whole movie was depicting how a person lives in a war and acts. It was based on a true story. War really sucks, and in the movie it shows the living conditions and such on it.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 00:40
Man it was a good movie but i soooooooooooo wanted him to snipe that S*O*B* dammit!

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 00:53
I know what you mean... From the previews on TV I thought it was going to be a little more exciting. I guess you can tell now that the rating was only PG 13 because it didn't have that much violence.

viZZiOn
8th Dec 2005, 06:49
i saw it and thought it was an excellent movie, it wasnt your average cliche war film where you know exactly whats going to happen because 8000 movies have done it before

this took a look at the effects of the army on a soldier and it was well worth the loot for the ticket

marker227
12th Dec 2005, 00:18
Do you know any other movies that aren't really a cliche war film?

viZZiOn
12th Dec 2005, 21:50
full metal jacket

apocalypse now

those are my two favorite war movies