PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Online games (only one?)

Jakk
4th Nov 2005, 12:14
Tried PS2 netplay for the first time last night. Only one arena listed and couldn't get into it. Too many users, I suspect. I live in the UK. Maybe it was because of the time of day (11pm here). Any tips about getting more arenas to choose from? Oh, and I'm a PS2 player.

Thanks

jEj
4th Nov 2005, 16:36
Greetings. Unfortunately, it's few to no users. The PS2 international version of Snowblind has even fewer players than the other platforms it was released on. Enjoy the SP.

Jakk
8th Nov 2005, 11:16
Shame about the multiplayer. Oh, well, never mind. I could always set up an arena myself and see if anyone joins.

Single player is terrific, I must say. I have reached penultimate level. The general has killed me once already. Must try harder!

jEj
8th Nov 2005, 22:07
Yeah, you never know, you might get some takers if you start your own server.

Don't know if this'll help but when I fought the General I conserved and threw down every Spiderbot I had. They take the brunt of his attacks for awhile and you can stay off to the side and pound on him.

pyro256
9th Nov 2005, 00:29
Yeah, you never know, you might get some takers if you start your own server.

Don't know if this'll help but when I fought the General I conserved and threw down every Spiderbot I had. They take the brunt of his attacks for awhile and you can stay off to the side and pound on him.

I just pounded on him with Rail Laser alternative fire and rockets. I also used Reflex Boost and Elec Storm.

jEj
9th Nov 2005, 01:01
Electrical Storm is a good idea. Damages him while you fire w/e. How's it going pyro?

Jakk
9th Nov 2005, 09:40
I don't seem to have the electrical storm boost. Where can I pick that up? Or am I already too late to get it (can I backtrack to pick it up without going to an earlier save?)

pyro256
9th Nov 2005, 21:49
Electrical Storm is a good idea. Damages him while you fire w/e. How's it going pyro?

Good. Me and BigBoss666 (strfye) are in a clan. SnipersSuck. How appropriate considering he hates snipers. You?

I don't seem to have the electrical storm boost. Where can I pick that up? Or am I already too late to get it (can I backtrack to pick it up without going to an earlier save?)

You get it by defeating the General.

jEj
10th Nov 2005, 00:04
Not bad. Found my Snowblind disk yesterday and had a few games...still laggy barely any games. Too bad.

Jakk
10th Nov 2005, 09:25
Finished off the general at my second attempt. Not bad for me. Electrical storm thing confused me, because someone said use the storm to finish General off. But you don't get it until you do. However, the tip about throwing down spiders and hammering away with weapons was a good one. As soon as the spider bots started appearing I knew I was making progress, though I still had to keep on my toes.

pyro256
10th Nov 2005, 21:12
Finished off the general at my second attempt. Not bad for me. Electrical storm thing confused me, because someone said use the storm to finish General off. But you don't get it until you do. However, the tip about throwing down spiders and hammering away with weapons was a good one. As soon as the spider bots started appearing I knew I was making progress, though I still had to keep on my toes.

Yeah I forgot that you couldn't use the Elec Storm. Sorry. Glad that our advice helped you. Got an online account?

Jakk
11th Nov 2005, 09:41
Pyro, yes, I've got an online account. But my one attempt at getting a Proj Snow online game was no go. There was only one arena, and it seemed to be full. My account name (if memory servs) is thermostat.

Do I need to join a clan or something to get into a game? I am new to online stuff. Played Starwars Battlefront a few times, and tried Xbox online at friends' homes. I have my own X box, now, but not only. Only PS2 online. I still think PS2 is a great console. And some of the games are more inventive that some of the so-called biggies on X box.

Jakk

pyro256
11th Nov 2005, 14:19
Pyro, yes, I've got an online account. But my one attempt at getting a Proj Snow online game was no go. There was only one arena, and it seemed to be full. My account name (if memory servs) is thermostat.

Do I need to join a clan or something to get into a game? I am new to online stuff. Played Starwars Battlefront a few times, and tried Xbox online at friends' homes. I have my own X box, now, but not only. Only PS2 online. I still think PS2 is a great console. And some of the games are more inventive that some of the so-called biggies on X box.

Jakk

Well, I play on PC. You don't have to be in aclan to join a clan. It's just not alot of people play online Snowblind.