PDA

View Full Version : graphic hardware issue

king_nothing
30th Oct 2005, 23:57
Will an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller with directx 9. Project snbowblind won't work on my computer beause in the begining before you play when you have to decide your graphics options, i put in the lowest specs and it says my hardware does not meet minimum specs. And what is pixel shader?

jEj
31st Oct 2005, 16:24
There isn't any error with Snowblind, and there are alot, that I'm aware of that falsely report minimum requirements. I believe you need a Geforce series 5 (minimum) or a Geforce series 6 (recommended) or equivalent to run Snowblind. Sorry about your luck.

Pixel shader is a feature of most cards produced now adays that improve graphics...for a short answer. Most games I'm aware of, including Snowblind, require some form of Pixel Shader support, as well.

Pooeypants
31st Oct 2005, 21:12
To be honest, I'm surprised if it did require pixel shader capable cards as it runs perfectly well on the PS2. And seeing as it looks just as cack for the PC....

king_nothing
11th Nov 2005, 03:30
I ordered a nvidia geforce 6200. it came in the mail today, and now it won't fiot b/c i dont have a pci express slot. Can i get a slot like this, or an alternative card?

There isn't any error with Snowblind, and there are alot, that I'm aware of that falsely report minimum requirements. I believe you need a Geforce series 5 (minimum) or a Geforce series 6 (recommended) or equivalent to run Snowblind. Sorry about your luck.

Pixel shader is a feature of most cards produced now adays that improve graphics...for a short answer. Most games I'm aware of, including Snowblind, require some form of Pixel Shader support, as well.

by the way, its not a series 5, but 3(4mx aint supported).

jEj
11th Nov 2005, 05:04
I think you'll need a new mobo with an AGP slot on it.

king_nothing
11th Nov 2005, 14:20
if you mean motherboard when you say mobo, im just gonna trade this game in at eb and get the console version

Mike_B
11th Nov 2005, 14:40
There is probably an AGP version of that card as well. So your best bet is to trade in the card as you won't be able to do anything with it unless you put a new motherboard in with a pci-e slot.

king_nothing
13th Nov 2005, 00:58
ok, since i dont want my dad to spend any more money on stuff im not sure that will work, im gonna trade this at eb for the console version.