PDA

View Full Version : Hey.. Look at this screen...

Trinity34
27th Oct 2005, 02:57
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5518/jj4es.jpg

Images remind you of anything? Maybe the artefact Lara is looking for???? :D

~~LaraCroft~~
27th Oct 2005, 05:19
Sorry. I can't remeber anything related to that :rolleyes:

TR-AOD
27th Oct 2005, 10:37
She's looking for a german war medal and the front wheel of her motorbike :confused:

Mangar The Dark
27th Oct 2005, 12:56
She's looking for a german war medal and the front wheel of her motorbike :confused:

LOL!
Yeah, sorry Trinity, I just don't see it. Cool screenshot anyway, and those symbols may be relevant to a particular puzzle, but I'm guessing that's about it.

imported_Mark_
27th Oct 2005, 15:03
I just noticed the sword. Too many swords in this game. And the story says Lara's looking for one of the most popular English artifact. My guess definately goes for Excalibur.

You have a good eye Trinity. :thumbsup:

Mangar The Dark
27th Oct 2005, 15:28
Ahhh... yeah, now I see it as a sword stuck in something. Maybe it IS Excaliber!
I have to say, that would be a very cool artifact for her to hunt. There's so much they could tie into that (imagine Lara confronting The Lady of The Lake? Or finding the tomb of King Arthur?) Also, it would be great to see Lara actually wield the sword in combat towards the end of the game. I mean, how could you make a game about Excalibur and not allow the player to fight with it?

I'm not completely convinced it IS Excalibur, but I would be very happy if it is.

Psychopompador
27th Oct 2005, 17:36
looks like a crude etching of the "sword in the stone"

everything seems to point to excalibur...

hmm... i'll just bide my time with Shadow of the colossus until i hear something official

yesrushdt
27th Oct 2005, 18:31
I just noticed the sword. Too many swords in this game. And the story says Lara's looking for one of the most popular English artifact. My guess definately goes for Excalibur.

I was thinking the same thing upon seeing Trinity's picture pointing out the "sword in the stone". Could be.

imported_Mark_
27th Oct 2005, 21:00
The Legend of Excalibur... Tomb Raider Legend... Perhaps I'm wrong. :confused:

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Oct 2005, 21:18
hmm... i'll just bide my time with Shadow of the colossus until i hear something official
:( Those poor Colossi! It's not released here yet. :rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
28th Oct 2005, 14:30
One question about this theory--
I seem to remember the official site saying she goes after "one of history's most famous artifacts," but I don't specifically remember them mentioning that it was a British artifact, even though that seems to be what people are saying here. I haven't been to the site in a while since it's just too annoying to navigate, but could anyone verify that they specifically say it's a British artifact?

susan
28th Oct 2005, 15:06
On Amazon it says:

Manufacturer's Description
Lara Croft travels the globe in search of an ancient English artifact and is pitted against rival forces led by a nemesis from her past...long thought dead.

If it is Excalibur, I hope Lara doesn't have to shoot the Lady in the Lake :( or worse King Arthur! Noooo. :eek: Some things are just sacrosanct... :D

Trinity34
28th Oct 2005, 15:21
On Amazon it says:

Manufacturer's Description
Lara Croft travels the globe in search of an ancient English artifact and is pitted against rival forces led by a nemesis from her past...long thought dead.

If it is Excalibur, I hope Lara doesn't have to shoot the Lady in the Lake :( or worse King Arthur! Noooo. :eek: Some things are just sacrosanct... :D

Didn't you know? King Arthur is one of the evil henchmen of the Lady of the Lake and the Lady is Lara's female nemesis. :D

imported_Mark_
28th Oct 2005, 15:45
Haha LOL!! :D

Sophia Leigh
29th Oct 2005, 10:45
Excalibur? How exciting! I just love the King Arthur Legend :thumbsup: If that is indeed the story line it will make things very exciting.

susan
29th Oct 2005, 18:13
Didn't you know? King Arthur is one of the evil henchmen of the Lady of the Lake and the Lady is Lara's female nemesis. :D*laughs...loudly*

What fevered imaginations some people on this forum have. :D

King Arthur can't be evil. :p

LuxAngel
16th Nov 2005, 23:00
Trinity, your eye is unrivaled. Never noticed that -- but WoW! If it is indeed the famed Excaliber.... !!

Chris-Craig Michaels
17th Nov 2005, 01:56
Excalibur would be cool. I'd been thinking that it might be the ancient crown of the kings of England, which was supposedly destroyed by Oliver Cromwell after the English Civil War, but the sword would be really cool, and the symbols certainly seem to point to something like that.
Good tomb-raiding!

marggo
28th Dec 2005, 11:50
Hi to all (sorry for my english).
I think that it would be great if that si Excalibur but look in front of Lara on the wall there is some kind of face with open maught.If you look in the site in "locations" you will see that that si in peru-so it can not be Excalibur. And on the top of the chest there is some kind of ejipt dog it makes no:sense:Peru,Egipt,Excalibur ??????????????????????
What do You think?

star girl
5th Jan 2006, 14:33
Well it looks more like (the sword part) as if the srtefact she's looking is in the heart of something, under the sun with the dragon around it. I figure that whatever she's looking for (Excalibur??? Care to explain, I never did English history) is in the room. The light coming from the sun, and that purple ray directing towards another place? The box thingy looks like some sort of a key holder, or something you know.Then again I could be wrong. I guess I've been reading fiction too much. :rolleyes:

Trinity34
5th Jan 2006, 16:29
Hi stargirl.

How are you today? :)

I posted this picture before the recent info came out but it looks like the sword is the one found in the Queen's Tomb and I don't know about the other image I circled... I originally thought it was a christian cross, but I am not sure anymore.

Sophia Leigh
6th Jan 2006, 06:37
Hey Star girl, Excalibur is the name of King Arthur's sword.

The legend of King Arthur is set in medieval times but historically Arthur (Artarius) was an English Leader from Roman times.

Basically the legend says that The Lady of the Lake put the sword, excalibur into a stone and only the true King would be able to retrieve it, which Arthur was successful in doing. Arthur was established the knights of the round table and by doing that all the knights were equals and he built Camelot (his castle). Arthur married the Lady Guinevere (Gwenivere). Lady Guinevere had an affair with Arthur's best friend Sir Lancelot while Arthur was away (some say searching for the holy grail). Also at Arthur's side was the famous wizard Merlin.

That is the basics of the story, there are many versions but they all incorporate the above.

really fly
3rd Feb 2006, 15:22
I don't thing they have any sense,maybe just a decoration.In previous tr there are a lot of similar things, isn't it ?? :cool: