PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] Spontaneous Thoughts...

Umah Bloodomen
25th Oct 2005, 05:13
I managed to catch Friday The 13th IV last night on television and found it quite amusing that Paul Lukather was a doctor in the film.

EDIT:

The first three posts of this thread were split from the general discussion thread because it seemed to be a really good idea for a game (something we haven't had in quite awhile).

The Rules:

Participants must respond with a spontaneous thought (something unrelated to anything before it; although it can be brought on by something you read - if this makes sense). No double posting and all responses must be within the confines of the TOU.

Have fun! :D

Nexus Reaver
25th Oct 2005, 23:34
I saw Jeepers Creepers the original for the first time yesterday..never managed to catch it in theaters when it was out....didnt like the ending

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2005, 03:44
Spontaneous Thought:

The peanut is neither a pea, nor a nut. Discuss.

Apocrypha Roxy
26th Oct 2005, 18:27
Spontaneous Thought:
I wonder what it would be like if I were a Monarch butterfly? They're pretty, and birds wouldn't eat me because of my radical awesome colors that are like a big ol' neon sign that says "ICKY TASTE!". And they migrate to Mexico every winter. YAY!

TheWatcher
26th Oct 2005, 20:30
If I have a spontaneous thought and my wife isn't around to know about it, am I still wrong?

Riovanes
26th Oct 2005, 21:31
Anybody ever wonder why there's never a cop around when other people are driving like fools, but there always seems to be one nearby when you make a minor traffic mistake?

(Clarification: I've only ever had one speeding ticket, five years ago now - but there just always seems to be a cop nearby when I'm thinking of speeding or whipping around the pokey old woman/man cruising in the passing lane.)

rabban
26th Oct 2005, 21:49
she has wonderful eyes...the kind i could suck on for a day.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Oct 2005, 03:38
Spontaneous Thought: I've discovered that I actually find amusement in the misery of a select few whom I've been acquainted with off-forum/web, while still retain some form of compassion for them as I watch them suffer and self-destruct. Behold the power of irony.

**Contemplates the universe**

rabban
27th Oct 2005, 03:52
the thin barrier between comedy and tragedy is insanity.

Riovanes
27th Oct 2005, 14:22
Rabbits eat lettuce.

WraithStar
27th Oct 2005, 15:04
I just had a mental image of a flaming sword slicing up candycorn.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Oct 2005, 15:51
Spontaneous Thought: Circus peanuts were great during my childhood. As I've grown older, those things have become spongy material most foul.

Riovanes
27th Oct 2005, 17:38
If you fill a chihuahua's belly with those rubber bouncy balls you can get out of vending machines, and then toss him off the roof of your apartment building, will he bounce?

rabban
27th Oct 2005, 21:25
death is the only possible outcome... :D

Nexus Reaver
27th Oct 2005, 23:27
if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around and it hits a mime does anyone care?

rabban
27th Oct 2005, 23:53
dead as dead can be...my doctor tells me...

Smoke_Z
27th Oct 2005, 23:54
I find it odd that someone destroyed my lock just to steal my peice-of-junk bike, yet two blocks away the dormkids leave theirs unlocked with impunity.

Ah well, may the theif realize only at the most inconvinient of times that the brakes don't work.

Nexus Reaver
27th Oct 2005, 23:55
pie is good

Riovanes
27th Oct 2005, 23:58
I once tickled a cow.

The milk did not emerge from the expected orifice...

Smoke_Z
28th Oct 2005, 00:00
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who drinks beer because they like the taste.

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 00:01
rabbits multiply alot...must have fun lives

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 00:11
:cool: ....ahem....BLARRRRRGH!!!....

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 00:15
i wonder if pirates have frontal lobodomies considering all they say is ARRRGGHHH

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 00:24
exploding head syndrome....

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 00:27
my butt fell asleep

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 00:34
guts...over 35 people fainted while listening to the readings...

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 00:36
camels have humps

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 00:54
the first movie role tupac shakur had was in a Chevy Chase vehicle called Nothing But Trouble...

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 00:55
Elvis is still alive

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 01:12
"urine is sterile...you can drink it."

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 01:13
The English language is going to hell

Umah Bloodomen
28th Oct 2005, 03:18
Spontaneous Thought: My "baloney" has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. My "baloney" has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R.

And interestingly enough, as I wrote this I elected to check out the Oscar Mayer site and discovered the bizarre contraption known as the Wienerwhistle.

Bad "baloney". No Donut! :D

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 06:18
i got a itch i can't scratch and it feels like it's contagious...

TheWatcher
28th Oct 2005, 12:53
Why are they called apartments when they're all stuck together?

Credit on that one actually goes to Gallagher...

Smoke_Z
28th Oct 2005, 17:29
A pessimest can not be disspointed, only pleasantly surprised.

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 17:41
god forgive me....i'm gonna kill you with my teacup.

Riovanes
28th Oct 2005, 19:11
There's nothing quite as satisfying as that first beer after a week of fighting with a University's production department over the layout for a department-specific news release.

Also, FFVI on the GBA heralds the second coming.

garbagefanuk
28th Oct 2005, 20:09
Shower's need to be investigated by human science to discover exatcly why they're always either too hot or too cold in the mornings when you wake up.

Nexus Reaver
28th Oct 2005, 23:53
... ... ... ...ahem ... ... ... BANZAI!!!!!

Apocrypha Roxy
29th Oct 2005, 01:53
Spontaneous Thought:
What is so appealing about raw clams on the half shell? I have no beef with sushi, but I see people suckin' those badboys down by the bucketful, and I can't help but think that they're in for a bad stomach, a bad trip, or both. GROSS.

Also, those stupid velour sweatsuits that girls wear today. What's so appealing about them? I hate those things. They're ugly! Sweatsuits are for when you're at home with PMS, surrounded by icecream and bottles of Midol. NOT for going to school, or to the mall, or wherever. And why do they have their stomachs hanging out?! Some of these girls have muffin-tops that competely flop over the waist of the pants (which are not at the waist, but practically at the groin level).

Put some clothes on, and quit eating raw shellfish before you need your stomach pumped. Ugh.

And what does theWatcher mean by "Uh Oh..."? :p

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 01:56
cows see alot of UFOs: i wonder if the aliens think cows are the dominant race...

Apocrypha Roxy
29th Oct 2005, 02:23
Spontaneous Thought!
Febreeze is *insert chosen deity*'s gift to mankind. It really works. I suggest buying stock.
The Swiffer Flick is also interesting. We have one. I haven't tried it yet. Actually I tried it on the kitchen tile, but it seems like the Flick is meant for carpet pile. My sister used the Flick underneath the canary's cage (high pile carpet). It does the job.

Flick is a funny word. The thing doesn't even flick dirt/dust, it kinda catches on sticky paper on the underside. Why "Flick", then? http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1251/emotraise6th.gif
Why not "Stick"? Swiffer Stick. Hmm... ?

Smoke_Z
29th Oct 2005, 02:25
Albatrous. ALBATROUS. Albatrous. Albatrous!

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 02:27
Scrapple is amazing. how can something made of leftover pig hearts, livers, intestines, tounges, etc..taste so good? :confused:

Smoke_Z
29th Oct 2005, 02:32
Why am I doing this?

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 02:33
The meaning of life is i have no idea

Riovanes
29th Oct 2005, 02:46
The meaning of life, however, was revealed by Monty Python's crew in the movie by the same name.

Also - so long, and thanks for all the fish.

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 02:47
Darth sideus and Moebius both have alot of wrinkles

Umah Bloodomen
29th Oct 2005, 02:52
Spontaneous Thought: After recently disowning my "best" friend, I've discovered that my decision is destined to haunt me as he just doesn't get it and won't allow us to go our separate ways. :rolleyes:

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 02:54
lightsabers would put many an eye out if they were real

rabban
29th Oct 2005, 03:04
honey never spoils...

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 03:07
Time flies when your putting random comments on a game thread

Umah Bloodomen
29th Oct 2005, 03:13
"And suddenly there came a tapping as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right?"

~ Eric Draven aka Brandon Lee (The Crow)

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 03:14
I think i had a "wardrobe malfunction"

Smoke_Z
29th Oct 2005, 15:07
Water-soluable oil pastels.

WraithStar
29th Oct 2005, 17:39
The award for best supporting actor of the year should go to the horse from the Legend of Zorro movie :D

Riovanes
29th Oct 2005, 19:19
If you're a natural redhead, it is VERY difficult to bleach your hair completely white.

rabban
29th Oct 2005, 22:17
Bush to Unveil Super-Flu Strategy

bush:
concerning the super-flu we need to eat more chicken soup.

reporter:
sir is it not true that the flu is found in various birds?

bush:
exacty!!!

Smoke_Z
29th Oct 2005, 22:58
Oh no, not again.

Nexus Reaver
30th Oct 2005, 00:37
swedish coffee is good

Umah Bloodomen
30th Oct 2005, 06:51
My Valentine has hollow eyes...

rabban
30th Oct 2005, 07:26
dream on of transcendence but doomed to putresence.

Apocrypha Roxy
31st Oct 2005, 21:42
My mom and dad brought home canoli today.
I like canoli.
:)

Oh, and I have a boo-band. :D
boo-band = headband with a plushie ghost. no camera. sorry.

fneh
31st Oct 2005, 22:21
I have a turnip shaped like a thingy

Umah Bloodomen
1st Nov 2005, 08:48
Spontaneous Thought: Spirit Gum Adhesive never seems to want to come off entirely.

rabban
1st Nov 2005, 08:59
rubbing alcohol...rubbed in...with rubber...in the alcohol...whatever sticks on you will bounce away.

Apocrypha Roxy
4th Nov 2005, 16:01
Who wants toast?

Nexus Reaver
13th Nov 2005, 04:13
*eats radioactive jello* mmmmm

Apocrypha Roxy
14th Nov 2005, 01:22
Do you know how hard it is to find a CD with Vivaldi's Trio Sonata in G minor for 2 violins & basso continuo?
Do you?
I don't think you do...

Smoke_Z
14th Nov 2005, 02:30
This project has been proof that one can be enthralled and repulsed at the same time.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Nov 2005, 02:38
Spontaneous Thought: Plastination is fascinating.

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Nov 2005, 00:34
Spontaneous Thought!!!:
I have hiccups. And I have no idea how to stop them.
They're kinda painful, too.
:(

rabban
18th Nov 2005, 03:39
"I dare you to make less sense."

Nexus Reaver
20th Nov 2005, 02:45
U really dont know the amount of belly button lint a person can have until u see it for urself

dumah's wraith
20th Nov 2005, 14:49
no use bolting the door once the horse has gone...but you don't want all the other's making a break 4 freedom

Smoke_Z
22nd Nov 2005, 00:32
I would've expected that my peanut-butter and grilled-cheese sandwich would've tasted somewhat differently than normal grilled cheese sandwich.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Nov 2005, 01:12
Spontaneous Thought: Lava Vader is mine! (http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/17873/15005) Muhahahahahah! :D

Omega
22nd Nov 2005, 02:12
Spontaneous Thought:

I wonder if I could get Flash to replicate my squares in one go, without placing them every other frame.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Nov 2005, 02:35
Spontaneous Thoughts: Movie clips & randomized ActionScripting is our friend. :D

Apocrypha Roxy
22nd Nov 2005, 23:15
Spontaneous Thought: Brussel sprouts are disgusting, so why do people eat them?!

rabban
22nd Nov 2005, 23:36
(right now your dreaming about reading this post.wake up it's time to go to work.)

Omega
23rd Nov 2005, 01:22
Random thought:

http://82.71.23.155 - between 12noon GMT and 2am GMT for detailed info, source files, and SWfs (click "Random Work" then "Read more" on Random Generation & Positioning)

kain-the-great
30th Nov 2005, 19:58
Are you my mommy?

Nexus Reaver
10th Dec 2005, 02:40
The only reason i havent went on a crazy killing spree is cuz im too lazy

rabban
10th Dec 2005, 05:07
Spontaneous Thought: after the accident i coughed up a little chunk of meat about the size of what do you call those brown spikey fruits? eh anyways nothing feels like it's missing so i guess i'm alright.

Umah Bloodomen
11th Dec 2005, 22:42
Three comments have been removed from this thread for being direct conversation with a previous post before it. We hope that future participants will refresh themselves with the criteria established in the first post of this thread so as not to ensure another game being shutdown.

Thanks. :)

GAME ON!

rabban
12th Dec 2005, 01:23
Spontaneous Thought: there are these things that sound like words on paper but you can't see them because they die so quickly. the scent is so faint, and so fleeting you wonder if you smelt anything at all...you could try to grasp them but they would melt before you made any contact...i could never quiet make out what they were telling me that day...all i know is that it was very important and now everybody is gonna pay!...

kain-the-great
14th Dec 2005, 01:02
I am your father's brother's uncle's nephew's former room-mate

Smoke_Z
14th Dec 2005, 03:32
I just posted my 1,000th post.

Funny, you'd think I would've tried to say something profound.

rabban
14th Dec 2005, 06:04
there been, that done

Smoke_Z
14th Dec 2005, 15:55
Umah's signiture pooped up with the "Yoda Pull my finger" image when she was dissing Fneh. I thought that was quite apt.

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Dec 2005, 00:45
I had a final today in music. It threw me for a loop. Fun times.
I also had barley & chicken soup for dinner tonight. Wonderful stuff on a chilly night. Brrr... :)

rabban
15th Dec 2005, 01:11
i gotta pee!!!

Apocrypha Roxy
16th Dec 2005, 00:46
There's going to be a transit strike tomorrow, and I have another final; and I shake my fist in indignation for my fate (8:30am without a ride?!?).
I baked cookies, though. Everyone likes them. :D

Smoke_Z
20th Dec 2005, 03:27
OMG, I almost forgot about having "The night santa went crazy" in my MP3 collection. (It's been forever since I listened to the comedy category.)

Apocrypha Roxy
20th Dec 2005, 17:55
There's a transit strike, my last final has been postponed until it ends, and I have developed over the course of 2 weeks what amounts to a fetish for baking - I loooooooove to bake. Only problem is some of my recipes call for cookie cutters, and we have none in the house, and neither does the local Linens N Things. :(

WHO WANTS COOKIES?!?!
In the shape of trains and buses? ;)

kain-the-great
21st Dec 2005, 03:56
did you know monkey's control the universe i swear they do cause i keep tripping over bannana peels :eek: speaking of monkey's controlling the universe i think emporer palpatine is the biggest monkey ever actually since my friend and myself seen episode III we think that he's a puppy dog because he keeps holding his hands up like a puppy dog oh and he has a big crack on his forehead that looks like... er um... yeah the weather is really great;y cold actually really cold i mean ever since i moved to the mountains from a desert i can never stop shivering, speaking of shivering my substitute teacher well how can i saw this was er well anyone know german cause Sie ist ein er, sick and wrong, speaking of sick so far i havent gotten a cold this year. i sure cant wait for new years i am already practicing to stay up till mid night. speaking of night i work better at night than in the day wierd, speaking of work i cant wait till i turn 16 and get a car so i can work at gamestop. my sister has crush on Hayden Christensen oh and Ewan Mcgregor, i think this is the longest post i have ever typed speaking of typing as i have been trying to finish this i have had to push my space bar in really hard cause its brocken huh i get my comp back up and running and my keyboard breaks go figure. well i think im done, speaking of which.... no really im done :D

Umah Bloodomen
21st Dec 2005, 04:15
Spontaneous Thought: Criss Angel vs. David Blaine. C'mon, we know we'd pay to see it. :D

Apocrypha Roxy
21st Dec 2005, 17:18
I think Criss Angel is sooooo cute. Wanna pinch his cheeks. :D

I AM THE MIND FREAK!!!

-swoon-

kain-the-great
23rd Dec 2005, 02:46
gets hyped up on sugar and attempts to walk through the walls

Apocrypha Roxy
24th Dec 2005, 03:25
It's too cold without any snow this time of year. It's not right, I tell you. Yet I am compelled to get some icecream. But the guineapig did get a bath tonight. I also scrubbed the tub. That rhymes. Scrubbed the tub. Hah. It shines. I like shiny things. Would you like a cookie? I'd like a cookie. I baked Peanut Butter & Nutella cookies, and they came out lovely. I get to open Xmas gifts tomorrow night! My room is clean (holy jumpin jehosaphat!). I still say it's too cold.

-coff-

And I STILL don't have my cookie cutters. :(

Gabriel Edson
25th Dec 2005, 00:00
when you see ripples on the surface of a body of water, you are not seeing the water itself move outward from the center of the disturbance. the water molecules themselves remain the same distance from the disturbance, they just move up and down, following the first ripples that were created. this is called cohesion, the same binding force in water that enables water to bulge up out of a full cup, without spilling, before the excess water has gained too much mass to support itself.

Apocrypha Roxy
28th Dec 2005, 19:17
I never got my cookie cutters. :(

Siela
29th Dec 2005, 09:28
I have made a snowvampire. :) I really did. :D

Well, he wasn't exactly the "person" you would call tall, dark and gruesome...
He was only 1 meter tall, pure white :p and such a cutie. At least that's what my mother said. He had the 2 fangs and everything. :D

Until yesterday... :(
When it started RAINING!!!! :mad:
He just melted away! http://www.576.hu/pix/forum/smileys/3D_26.gif

kain-the-great
29th Dec 2005, 16:42
(in best kid like voice possible) My tummy hurts

Smoke_Z
30th Dec 2005, 02:57
My mom: Y'know, alchol is a depressant, so when you drink it when you're depressed, it makes you unbearable.

My response: I thought I was unbearable at 9:00 this morning.

What I really would've liked to say: <insert a term that is raunchy in England, but makes no sense in America.)

Side note: There's something worse than being stuck between a rock and a hard place.... it's called being stuck between a rock and The Void. I think I'll cling to the rock for a time longer.

It doesn't help that the 'rents are playing stoner music.

Gabriel Edson
31st Dec 2005, 01:38
you would be surprised how much you can tell about somebody, just by looking at them. :rolleyes:

Smoke_Z
1st Jan 2006, 05:04
"Stupid is easy, that's not what we're looking for."

My dad when I was giving an advisory comment on his Quirkat game against my mom.