PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish formation??

BENdage
25th Oct 2005, 13:33
If theres anyone who would like to give it a go, I think a skirmish formation would be good. Infantry units can spread out so that they are less vulenrable to cannon fire, but more vulenrable to cavalry. Its a bit beyond my modding skills, but it could be a good idea

Sh!fty
25th Oct 2005, 14:44
And a skirmish toggle like in RTW, so that when the enemy gets too close..They just run away real fast like sissy girls.

Would be nice.. And would focus players more on the main battle than those minor skirmishes..

Icanus
25th Oct 2005, 17:22
If theres anyone who would like to give it a go, I think a skirmish formation would be good. Infantry units can spread out so that they are less vulenrable to cannon fire, but more vulenrable to cavalry. Its a bit beyond my modding skills, but it could be a good idea
I suspect that there was a skirmish formation at one point during the games development and that it was removed later on - there's a few references in the unit stats to "Formacion Expandida", which seem to be unused.

It may be possible to re-activate it - I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Oststar
5th Nov 2005, 05:45
Apparently it actually works, you have to press crtl-del-v or something like that to activate it... it was in an old thread. Unfortunately I never did get it to work...

Could battalions be modded to move backwards in lines, slowly?