PDA

View Full Version : Life just got better-Playable factions

ForlornHope
20th Oct 2005, 20:53
Thanks to the clues given by reddis :) and others I've been able to create new playable factions with-Saxony,Poland,Batavia, and Otto. I can't forsee any difficulty in switching the other factions out either. As soon as I can get good flags, names of other ships, Generals and such I should be able to get it posted on the website. Any help getting the above info together would be appreciated! I can't locate the needed upgrades section as in "Play as Spain"
but we should be able to piece it together.
ForlornHope

Irish2
20th Oct 2005, 21:07
Great job! Keep up the good work.

britishjohn
21st Oct 2005, 12:29
Will these new factions be selectable from the game menu screen or will I have to override existing playable nations (Britain, France, Prussia, etc) in order to play as these new ones. I am really impressed if you managed to allow these nations to be playable as well as the original 5.

:thumbsup:

Sh!fty
21st Oct 2005, 13:19
Oh man! :D You're my HERO!!!!!
I've been waiting ages for a mod to come out which enables you to play as Batavia! :D Please post it up please please please please!!! :o I dunno if I can wait any longer! Please! I beg of you!

I will name my first-born son after you! And you will officially gain the status of "Man-God" !!

Please!

-Sh!fty

ForlornHope
21st Oct 2005, 15:33
Adding additional countries say 7 or 8 to the original start menu is beyond my capacity since this will involve some serious re-writing and a major time investment(it took me to long to find the right code to change for the substitions) Currently several lengthy files need to be swapped over line by line to make a substition, and that doesnt touch the main menu pictures and adding country relevant comments. I can foresee an editor to swap the countries in and out but I have honestly burned myself out a bit on this project (not to whine :o ). I should be able to upload the batavia mod today if I have time, although it wont be polished its still fun trying to survive for a few years with the a small country :D

Sh!fty
22nd Oct 2005, 00:41
You're a star :D Can't wait to play and kick ass with Batavia!
I guess trading and the appropriate Alliances and occasional Coalitions is what can make this country a true "Empire"

CANT WAIT!!! :D

All we need now is some good Batavian Skins! :D

britishjohn
22nd Oct 2005, 11:25
Adding additional countries say 7 or 8 to the original start menu is beyond my capacity since this will involve some serious re-writing and a major time investment(it took me to long to find the right code to change for the substitions) Currently several lengthy files need to be swapped over line by line to make a substition, and that doesnt touch the main menu pictures and adding country relevant comments. I can foresee an editor to swap the countries in and out but I have honestly burned myself out a bit on this project (not to whine :o ). I should be able to upload the batavia mod today if I have time, although it wont be polished its still fun trying to survive for a few years with the a small country :D

I think what you have done is great though. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be like I asked about but you never know, some of the modders here have done some great stuff. Maybe what you have managed to do will be a good start for someone who is willing to invest the time to make these nations selectable on the main menu. Of course this will be a huge undertaking and very hard I would imagine. I have no great modding ability at all, the most I can do is edit skins, game and unit stats, this new nation stuff is beyond me...

I am looking forward to playing as the Ottoman Empire and humbling Russia.

britishjohn
25th Oct 2005, 19:41
When you made Batavia a playable nation, I presume that you would have had to change the game files so that Batavaria could invade major territories. e.g. Batavaria attacking Denmark. Would it be possible to make these changes without replacing the current major powers with Batavaria? i.e. can we program minor countries to to attack and conquer other minor nations. If so would you consider doing a mod to achieve this???

:o

BENdage
25th Oct 2005, 22:23
they can already do this cant they? On one of my games moldavia was one of the most powerfull nations. Somehow they got half of russia, otterman and half of austria. then i peacefully annexed it all

britishjohn
26th Oct 2005, 12:33
they can already do this cant they? On one of my games moldavia was one of the most powerfull nations. Somehow they got half of russia, otterman and half of austria. then i peacefully annexed it all

Thats ture, they can invade minor territories but they are unable to march on capitals, therefore they cannot take St. Petersburg, Anatolia or Vienna, only the minor territories surrounding them.

britishjohn
27th Oct 2005, 18:25
I am very impressed with you MNG file mod. All I do is swap my old MGN file with yours and I can play as the Turks...Very well done, keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lusitano
28th Oct 2005, 07:37
Hello,

I´ve entered this page just to announce you that we have upgraded our mod "Play with Spain" with version 1.03 "Militians", that improoves the militia units ( their look and habbilities ), now it´s possible for you to control their formation and musket firing is now available, as well as Line Inf. ( the only problem they have is that enemy militians still charging suicidelly, ( but not yours, they keep under your command ). -We are working to avoid this problem, but the mod runs O.K.- :thumbsup: . In case you aren´t interested on it, you always can get the spanish Inf. and Cav. skins as well as a pair of Arty soldiers ( on foot and mounted Arty.) ¿Did you notice that is possible to skin the Arty,s too?, so YES, to modify another country´s gunners, take a look to the 1.03 mod and get an idea. ;)

Is Batavia able to manage the whoole Tecnological Tree as Main Empires?, and to recruit all units, like RIFLEMEN?...
Now I´m working to allow minor countries to act as Main ones, and I´m about to succeed, but I need some help, I wonder if you know anyone who can help me to assign provinces and armies diferent from the initial stats given by the game, or if it´s there any editor to rebuild the initial stats of a campaign.
Any help will be wellcome
Apollogizes for my awful english.
If you know a little spanish visit our page at www.imperialglory.tk (FOROS)

Lusitano (An spanish dragoon)
SALUDAZOS.

ForlornHope
28th Oct 2005, 17:40
Lusitano,
Greetings :)
I followed your mod very closely and used it as a template for Batavia(hats off great job). As for the miltia if you use the light infantry as the model instead of line infantry you'll find that the new miltia won't charge hardly at all - I've had great quick games with two files of militia blazing away until the unit is almost obliterated. As far as your skins go they are always beutiful!! :thumbsup:
Ironically I'm starting(had the Idea last night) on a mod to pull the London castle out of England and place it in Spain to Create the Siege of Badajoz. I'd love to get more Battles for the *****ula Campaign. If you want I'll place that on hold and help you in anyway possible. PM me and we can set it up.
Regards,
FH

britishjohn
28th Oct 2005, 21:47
Would it be possible for you to release an MGN file that replaces Prussia with the Ottoman Empire instead of replacing France?

Sh!fty
29th Oct 2005, 20:53
Yo Folorn,

That Batavia mod you sent me.. Yeah that one..
It didn't work :eek:

I did exactly what you said and was able to select Batavia from the Campaign Menu, but when it loaded it CTD'd..

Looks like some work still needs to be done mate!

Cheers

Sh!fty

ForlornHope
30th Oct 2005, 05:20
Shifty,
Did you download the one from the TAFN site? The one I sent you was my first draft try the one on the TAFN site and if that doesnt work pm me and I'll see what the issue is.
Did anyone else have a problem with it not working?
Thanks

Sh!fty
30th Oct 2005, 11:09
It wont let me download it from TAFN, it says that the file doesnt exist and that I should notify the staff about this..

What the heck?

Plz help some1 !!

Mike_B
30th Oct 2005, 12:14
Hiyas all,

We are currently reworking some of our back end tools and one of them is the database. I'll currently moving over the files to the new system so it's possible you might come across some troubles with it, I'll be sorting them out asap though.

Use the direct link for now:

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/scripts/uploads/Bataviamod.rar

Sh!fty
30th Oct 2005, 12:16
Yeah saw that one too late sorry.. Anyways..Do any of ya people have that Batavia.zip file already? Before TAFN DB closed down? They can e-mail it to me then..

Thanks in advance!

davemeeuwsen@hotmail.com

-Sh!fty

Mike_B
30th Oct 2005, 12:18
Try the above link in about 3 minutes.

Sh!fty
30th Oct 2005, 12:40
Cheers mate, you're a star ;)

P.S. It wont allow me to acces the file :confused: I dunno..I waited more than 3 minutes..

Mike_B
30th Oct 2005, 12:55
Yeah disable you're firewall and you should be fine.

Sh!fty
30th Oct 2005, 13:17
Uuuhh no.. Fire wall is turned off and I still can't access the file!
Sigh..

HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

dokgaebi
31st Oct 2005, 08:30
i tried downloading myself and got the message that the file does not exist ...

sick
31st Oct 2005, 09:19
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/scripts/download.php?file=5

There you go, should work fine.

Sh!fty
31st Oct 2005, 11:29
Thank You! :d

Richard1990
24th Aug 2008, 08:01
Hello, guys.
I have IG for a very long time and now I'd like to try some mods. But I must see that all the mods were made three years ago and every link I try does not exist any more:mad2: . Could someone, if he's still here, make new ones, please? For this mod or, even better, for all the others?
Thanks
Richard1990

Mike_B
24th Aug 2008, 08:21
The links here should still work:

http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/files.php?cat=8

Richard1990
26th Aug 2008, 08:44
Yes, this one works. Thanks.:)