PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV producer/director Naoki Yoshida apology

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 10:38
While this will probably be of little comfort to everyone that has or is suffering from the various launch issues, I find that for a producer and director (of FFXIV ARR) for such a huge company like Square-Enix to go on record and openly apologise is a very big statement. Most companies (SE included) are usually better at ducking consumer complaints than they are accepting responsibility for mistakes when things go wrong but I think this is a big step forward for SE and may be a sign of good consumer feedback we could expect in the future. Here's the statement from Naoki Yoshida I found:

“…I would like to take the time to personally apologise once again to all those players who have been affected by the extended World login and character creation restrictions which have been in place for the past several days” Yoshida writes on the game’s forums.
“I also understand that apologies will not help you get logged in, so I would like to give you an update on the situation at hand and the various measures we are currently employing to alleviate the situation.”

After listing some of their emergency procedures, Yoshida says
“The fact that we had to implement these restrictions is a direct result of my inaccurate sales and login estimates, and as producer, I must accept complete responsibility for this misstep. Each and every player who has been affected has my deepest apologies.”

Like I said this may not be a comfort to everyone but if they are willing to openly accept responsibility for the problems then they may hopefully start trying to make amends to their customers and resolve all the other outstanding problems as soon as possible.

RyogiShiki
6th Sep 2013, 11:17
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Facebook-like-button.png

TheRealKraggy
6th Sep 2013, 14:58
Sadly though there's no end in sight to the limits and locks:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/83596-Further-Server-and-System-Improvements?p=1204429#post1204429

IMO SE were crass in only adding 1 server to each region on Wednesday, they simply added a week to the pain they're causing tens of thousands of potential players and probably losing thousands a day never to return.

They were far, FAR too timid and will now suffer more bad PR because of it. :(

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 15:04
"we have also noticed that many players are leaving their characters idle in game due to the login restrictions we have set in place to maintain server stability. In response to requests to address this issue, we are working to implement a feature that will automatically log out characters that are idle for a prolonged period of time.

The above improvements are scheduled to be implemented next week. We will make an announcement at the beginning of next week with further details."

Can everyone on these forums now stop ranting about AFK kickers, they've listened and you're getting want you wanted ;)

ImWest
6th Sep 2013, 16:52
Can everyone on these forums now stop ranting about AFK kickers, they've listened and you're getting want you wanted ;)
Again, helpful as always. :)
Thanks for the info.

PoppaDoc
6th Sep 2013, 18:55
Sadly though there's no end in sight to the limits and locks:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/83596-Further-Server-and-System-Improvements?p=1204429#post1204429

IMO SE were crass in only adding 1 server to each region on Wednesday, they simply added a week to the pain they're causing tens of thousands of potential players and probably losing thousands a day never to return.

They were far, FAR too timid and will now suffer more bad PR because of it. :(

Im not exactly sure what all they did to the servers but it looks like it worked. Mine seems to work just fine. I currently have no complaints!:D Judging how Yoshi P handled everything up to beta, with keeping everyone up to date of the status of the game, these statements are not very surprising. He was the best upgrade SE could have made. I just think that the LARGE number of NA/EU players caught him off guard. Also I don't think I have ever seen a game producer step up and say "I am sorry. It was totally my fault"! If they are losing thousands a day I am sure that they will start gaining thousands a day after everything is fixed and running bcuz the game is pretty awesome.

Patient_Zer0
6th Sep 2013, 19:44
I can honestly say I am a day away from saying screw my $30 and not coming back to this game. I had such high hopes and even early access was great for me but since the 27th, I cannot even enter the new code they sent me. I understand how big this is for him to do this but sadly as he says, it doesnt help me. F2P is going to be over before i can even play again.

PoppaDoc
6th Sep 2013, 19:54
I can honestly say I am a day away from saying screw my $30 and not coming back to this game. I had such high hopes and even early access was great for me but since the 27th, I cannot even enter the new code they sent me. I understand how big this is for him to do this but sadly as he says, it doesnt help me. F2P is going to be over before i can even play again.

I could be wrong, but I don't think your free trial period starts ticking down until you register

Draon79
7th Sep 2013, 02:01
Sadly it is now 9/6/13, over a week since launch and the digital downloads are still shutdown I also found out from Gamestop that SE is not shipping any more of the game until they address their server issues. As an MMO veteran of bad launches this is by far the worst to date, NEVER has a company stopped distribution of a game simply because of hardware issues, unable to log in ..sure, have to sit in a queue for hours ....OK, not being able to even buy the game is just ignorant, they are causing themselves more bad PR and losing more trust from lifetime Final Fantasy gamers like myself then if they had continued to sell the game. I have played the Final Fantasy series on every console available since the first game launched in the US, and until now I never believed that Square would let me down this badly, Version 1 was bad but not even a drop in the pond compared to this travesty.