PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY X PREQUEL

WolfX183
10th Jul 2012, 02:03
I wish square enix would create a FINAL FANTASY X PREQUEL where you get to play through braska's, jecht's, and aurons story, and which go more in depth about the events leading up to FINAL FANTASY X, just a thought

Tev
10th Jul 2012, 02:20
And here I was thinking that I was the only person that was wishing for this sort of thing lol. They had put so much emphasis on Braska, Jecht and Auron during Final Fantasy X, that it really does set up for what could be a good prequel. They even did the same sort of emphasis during FFX-2's final battle (when the three of them are giving verbal support to Yuna and the others).

Azure
10th Jul 2012, 04:18
According to what was seen in FFX is not Enough to make a Prequel to FFX . If SE made a prequel , they had to add many thing in . In the end ,it turn out to be another Crisis Core with more fake Information or related to original

MagiusNecros
10th Jul 2012, 13:00
Yeah unlike V, VI there isn't much to expand on.

With V you have the Dawn Warriors sealing ExDeath, and with VI the First War of the Magi.

adin_hughes
10th Jul 2012, 14:20
A pre-quel for FFX would be awesome!! But think about this - Braska's journey was recapped by Yuna/Tidus in the main story of FFX. A solid prequel would be to tell the story and show the drama/tensions between Zanarkand and Bevelle prior to the creation of "Sin". Lennne, Yevon, Yunalesca and Zaon (pending they are all alive at the same time) could have some intertwined stories. Yojimbo could be in his original temple, Spira could have a different landscape 1000- years ago with its Machina cities, the Calm lands would have a different name and be twice the size, the story of the first Fayth's creation could be involved, etc... A prequel needs to tell a NEW story or explain away any doubt or conflicts from previous writings. We have seen the drama of Braska story through Zanarkand pyrflies in the dome. We have seen the result of Bevelle standing down with Vegnagun, so it could be a footnote in the prequel happening in the background. I always thought it would be kewl to see the race relations prioir to be united by the goal of defeated Sin. Pending accurate information online, we wouldn't be able to have another summoner/Sin story as the second Sin was only killed 400 afters the Machina War (www.finalfantasy.wikia.com (http://www.finalfantasy.wikia.com)).

member_10751449
10th Jul 2012, 16:40
I would be for it if they had the gameplay experience different from X and X-2.

member_10074094
10th Jul 2012, 18:06
According to what was seen in FFX is not Enough to make a Prequel to FFX . If SE made a prequel , they had to add many thing in . In the end ,it turn out to be another Crisis Core with more fake Information or related to original

This is my concern as well. We really got everything we needed for the story, and a prequel would just be an inclusion of added "details" that have no effect on the story of X at all, like Crisis Core (as good as that game is), or KH:358/2 days (which was apparently supposed to emphasize the fact that Roxas and Axel where friends... which we already knew). I even feel the same way about Birth By Sleep (the important stuff could have been told in flashbacks or story-telling sessions in KH3, with the less meaningful details omitted). I don't think I would want to see a return to Spira. Aside from the gameplay, I didn't enjoy X-2 at all... I felt it was too light-hearted for a sequel to X, and the best ending brings Tidus back, which completely nulls the point of his sacrafice (how many people would cry for Aerith, if they knew she would just come back later? Anyone with prior knowledge of Lord of the Rings, for example, has a hard time feeling the emotional impact of Gandalf's death)

WolfX183
14th Jul 2012, 23:01
If the gameplay is the same as the original FFX but the back story of jecht, braska, and auron is covered more in depth, also how bad ass would it be to use braskas final aeon just saying, like Adin posted there are so many possibilities also the blitzball mechanics could be improved upon as well as getting the opportunity to unleash a devastating barage of blitzball moves such as the super jecht shot mark III, or if thats out of the question a game following shuyin and lene's tale would be aweseome, but in all honestly i would kill for a FFX prequal regardless of what platform its on

member_10827409
14th Jul 2012, 23:45

This is my concern as well. We really got everything we needed for the story, and a prequel would just be an inclusion of added "details" that have no effect on the story of X at all, like Crisis Core (as good as that game is), or KH:358/2 days (which was apparently supposed to emphasize the fact that Roxas and Axel where friends... which we already knew). I even feel the same way about Birth By Sleep (the important stuff could have been told in flashbacks or story-telling sessions in KH3, with the less meaningful details omitted). I don't think I would want to see a return to Spira. Aside from the gameplay, I didn't enjoy X-2 at all... I felt it was too light-hearted for a sequel to X, and the best ending brings Tidus back, which completely nulls the point of his sacrafice (how many people would cry for Aerith, if they knew she would just come back later? Anyone with prior knowledge of Lord of the Rings, for example, has a hard time feeling the emotional impact of Gandalf's death)

hey don't forget about zack.

ShadowKnight862
15th Jul 2012, 00:17
There's no way that there is going to be a Final Fantasy X prequel.

WolfX183
15th Jul 2012, 20:30
Idk why you guys are shooting down the idea, crisis core and kingdom hearts bbs were great game's that i enjoyed playing, who's to say that this can't be done with a FFX prequal, I'd buy it and play the crap out of it, of all the ple who shot the idea down you're telling me that you would'nt enjoy laying waste to monsters using a barage of attacks from braska, jecht, and auron?

member_10076961
15th Jul 2012, 20:51
I would love a prequel to FFX. It is the only song on Theatrhym that makes me want to unpack my PS2 and play it. Every time I do the song, I always hear "Listen to my story" I want a remake of FF7, but a would love the prequel to FFX. Just so long as they keep the battle mechanics the same, not the way X-2 was. That one sucked. I didn't really like the game but still made sure to beat it. Got the equipment to where you do max damage when low on health. Used Yuna and did trigger happy just to quickly beat the game and be done with it =D

member_10074094
16th Jul 2012, 16:37
Idk why you guys are shooting down the idea, crisis core and kingdom hearts bbs were great game's that i enjoyed playing, who's to say that this can't be done with a FFX prequal, I'd buy it and play the crap out of it, of all the ple who shot the idea down you're telling me that you would'nt enjoy laying waste to monsters using a barage of attacks from braska, jecht, and auron?

not really. FFX wasn't fun enough to make me want to spend more time in it... maybe future playthroughs, but I thought X-2 was more fun, and yet X-2 is a terrible game for me... and I'm afraid of what it will do to the story.

WolfX183
22nd Jul 2012, 22:14
I want to play as jecht, braska, and auron, as well as learn their story more in depth also emotionally abusing tidus as a child seems like it would be alot of fun XD whos with me lol

aaronhollis
14th Aug 2012, 03:29
this has potential. the braska pilgrimage with auron and jecht as party members could be just as epic as X was. VIII has potential for a prequel too, don't you think? Laguna, Ward, Kiros, and their whole experience..

werefire100
14th Aug 2012, 08:18
i've got to agree with the majority of these replies. final fantasy x prequel is impossible because of the simple fact there were practically no openings in the story line to set up a good plot. flashback/spheres/pyreflies throughout the game explained the beginning, middle, end, and most major events through their jouney so it'd be like a replay with a new combat system. WHICH IS BORING. thx for reading

werefire100
14th Aug 2012, 08:19
i've got to agree with the majority of these replies. final fantasy x prequel is impossible because of the simple fact there were practically no openings in the story line to set up a good plot. flashback/spheres/pyreflies throughout the game explained the beginning, middle, end, and most major events through their jouney so it'd be like a replay with a new combat system. WHICH IS BORING. thx for reading

u play through laguna's story in viii........ almost literally from start to finish

MarceloX
12th Apr 2013, 15:08
Originally there was going to be a third FFX game. After FFX was released, they said they were planning on Final Fantasy X: Yuna's Story and Final Fantasy X: Rikku's Story. Yuna's Story became FFX-2, but Rikku's story disappeared, probably because FFX-2 was a big joke, I still cringe when I remember playing it from beginning to end. It was just a huge insult to the great FFX, so I guess they caught on and instead of making another joke, they moved on.

FFVIII can defintely use a sequel (not a prequel, would be better to have all the established characters instead of just 1 or 2 familiar ones.) Or an Advent Children style sequel to FFVIII would be perfect, that game and FFIX get no love, yet they were both AGES better than FFVII.

Fastbreak111
23rd Oct 2013, 03:28
I think a prequel would be a great idea, especially with the upcoming HD Remaster and the new audio at the end, which I predict is setting up to a X-3. After all that they could totally go back and lead into X with a prequel. Oh dang it, I let you guys in the forums get my hopes up about something that probably isn't going to happen, or if it does not in the near future...

moooka
24th Oct 2013, 07:16
I support this idea. Would be great if they make it.

cloudsquallxiii
27th Oct 2013, 19:54
decent idea ject braska and auron haha finally see ject attack the shupoof

gyigyo2
13th Jan 2014, 08:55
I wish square enix would create a FINAL FANTASY X PREQUEL where you get to play through braska's, jecht's, and aurons story, and which go more in depth about the events leading up to FINAL FANTASY X, just a thought

How about no? they would ruined that too..square should make new games or maybe a prequel but with 1000 years before FFX i wanna see those BIG machina cities what now is only ruin in ffx under the sea.

killzone111
25th Jan 2014, 18:08
would be awesome, the story about Jecht then :)