PDA

View Full Version : Glory: 1861

Ranvier
16th Oct 2005, 19:56
Im here to announce the begining of a mod that will quitre possibly be the greatest challenge to face in modding imperial glory. the mod will take place in 1861 as the civil war begins and britian owns one the the greatest empires in history. This mod will add two new teams in the first relese: The Union (USA) and the Confederacy (CSA). It will enlage the campaign map to include the eastern united states and some british african colonies. I would also like to add that positions in the glory 1861 modding team are open so if you have any intrests in helping with this mod e-mail us at zeta_studios@hotmail.com. It will be very hard to make and will take time but im convinced that if we can pull it off it will improve gameplay dramaticly. :cool:

ytareh
16th Oct 2005, 20:31
Excellent News!Good luck with project.

britishjohn
17th Oct 2005, 13:21
Might I suggest that Eastern Canada be shown as well as Eastern United States as it would allow the 1812 War between Britain and the US to be re-enacted.

Ranvier
18th Oct 2005, 17:22
Yes eastern canada will be on the map as well, but it will be a british colony as it was in 1861, but we were thinking of making a few war of 1812 historical battles. :cool:

Hengist_Sharpe
19th Oct 2005, 13:13
Hi Ranvier,

It sounds great.

However, are you planning to change the AI behaviour with this mod? Otherwise it'll just be the same old stuff but wearing a different suit.

Ranvier
19th Oct 2005, 17:47
Yes ai will be improved on greatly. Better attack stategies and no more annoying militia. I also want to change the three armies per territory law. It always bugged me because i guess im used to total war style maps. Im not sure if we will or will not do this change yet but ai will definatley be changed altogether...

Ranvier
23rd Oct 2005, 16:49
also we are in the process of gathering pictures of the uniforms differant nations used in 1861 if you have any or know of where to find any let us know also we could use a world map of 1861 too. Finally we are still looking for people who want to help with models and skins...

gogerl
23rd Oct 2005, 21:35
"I also want to change the three armies per territory law."(ranvier)
I already changed that law, with the help of godkin. now i can send 5 armies
in 1 territory(+1 extra army).
ask godkin he knows it exactly, how it works.
and in the forum u can find many threads concerning realistic uniforms.

greetings...

Lusitano
25th Oct 2005, 12:11
Yes ai will be improved on greatly. Better attack stategies and no more annoying militia. I also want to change the three armies per territory law. It always bugged me because i guess im used to total war style maps. Im not sure if we will or will not do this change yet but ai will definatley be changed altogether...
Hallo!

First of all, I want to apollogize for my awful english. :eek:
We have done some progress in modding I.G., but we are now quite stopped about. Our page is ImperialGlory.tk and we are spanish. We succeeded in make Spain playable and I modded militians to allow them to use muskets and some Line Infantry formations ( not them all, because of their civilian low militry instruction) , we also modded Flags and navy war flags, uniforms, weapon ranges and accuracies, etc.
Please, if you are interested about our works and experiences, register at the official spanish page I released before, or answer me at this topic. :thumbsup:
Waiting for your news.
Saludazos.

Ranvier
25th Oct 2005, 18:16
Yea my spanish is awful so its ok...but to reply to your message yea we would be very interested in seeing some of the things you have accomplished in modding IG. We are going to begin releasing pics of some of the models we have for the us and cs teams if you want to see them keep checking www.moddb.com under the IG mod section. We should have them posted as soon as we can... :thumbsup:

tyberion86
25th Oct 2005, 20:42
the british had some of the best battles in india: assaye, galwigur and others you could most likly use the existing arabian infantry for the sepoy battalions and the black watch for the scoch brigades

Ranvier
27th Oct 2005, 19:37
well in either release two or three i want to actually get the entire world map in the campaign. of course to do this will take quite a while to accomplish. i think that if we can figure out how to add us east we can then can start adding the entire globe so that you can fight battles in india :cool:

Sir Crow
3rd Nov 2005, 16:08
the british had some of the best battles in india: assaye, galwigur and others you could most likly use the existing arabian infantry for the sepoy battalions and the black watch for the scoch brigades

I presume you meant to say 'Scotch' if you did what happened when the sepoy's fought Whisky Brigades? Did they get drunk?

Rufes222
11th Nov 2005, 21:05
Ranvire I can help with the facts if you need any. I reenact it.

tyberion86
11th Nov 2005, 21:24
I presume you meant to say 'Scotch' if you did what happened when the sepoy's fought Whisky Brigades? Did they get drunk?

yes i did but actually the sepoys were on the side of the british.

officerpuppy
26th Nov 2005, 06:24
Hows it comming along?

falcons1988
11th Dec 2005, 22:15
1812 Overture, fantastic piece of music by Tchaikovsky. Set in 1812 why don't you bring the battle from what that piece of music was written.

officerpuppy
16th Dec 2005, 05:45
I just looked up that song, turns out it has nothing to do with America lol. It was written to commeroate a Russian Victory vs. France which happend to be in the year 1812.

tyberion86
1st Feb 2006, 03:16
is there any progress or has the project been scrapped?

sigge
1st Feb 2006, 11:32
That would be so cool guys! If there's anything else than modding (I can't mod)
to help you, I'm ready to give you a hand :)

Dasara II
19th Feb 2006, 03:28
I too would love to play a Civil War mod, this battle engine would be soooo cool for Civil War battles. :cool:

I have done a lot of reading on the ACW (American Civil War) and the tactical advantages of terrain and wooden fences was very prevalent in the ACW. The IG battle engine caters for this and it would make for some fantastic big battles.

von_lipwig
16th Mar 2006, 11:06
Maybe I'm thinking too big now, but wouldn't it be a swell idea if, indeed, all the world was free to move in? SO you can have colonies stretching from America to Japan to Africa abd so on. And of course, unique unites for each land, so you can recruit samurai-like soldiers in Japan.

And if you want to incorporate the American civil war, maybe it'd be a nice idea to let the campaign stretch from the original beginning of the game (ie: 1793) to about 1900, with the technical inprovements that belong to that age. I am well aware of the impossibleness of such a mod, but I was wondering if a skilled team of programmers and texturers and other people who can work wonders, could possibly pull this off. I would very much like it and I am sure I would get it ASAP!

von_lipwig
16th Mar 2006, 11:12
By the way, here are some shots of uniforms from the civil war period:

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/UsaHistory/CivilWar/Images/UnionUniform.jpg

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/art/P-P/AS-2/1863.jpg

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/UsaHistory/CivilWar/Images/ConfedUniform.jpg

http://www.ushist.com/wardrobe/inc/images/qm_1004_frock-coat_major_cs_staff_officer_outfit.jpg

flags

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~CLASS/am483_97/projects/sarratt/realflag.jpg

http://www.proudflag.com/yank/flag_us35.jpg

FlyByU
14th Jun 2006, 16:18
Is this mod still in the making or has it been scraped??

I hope it is still being made.

Rufes222
23rd Jun 2006, 19:52
Hope it will be finished.
I'll be glad to help.;)