PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try SOCOM III yet?

marker227
12th Oct 2005, 02:56
This is sort of off topic but I wanted to know if anyone shifted their eyes over to socom before 25 to life comes out. Please tell me what your thoughts are on it and if it really will keep you entertained.

Thanks

J-Hood
12th Oct 2005, 23:01
Im about to play it I just got it in.

marker227
13th Oct 2005, 01:06
Im about to play it I just got it in.

Cool man. I bet your a player like me so you'll be able to compare hehe. Hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

Dude I also joined the Socom III forums on PS2. They SUCK!!! All everyone is doing on the forums is complaining about the credit card verification and stuff. All the noobs and stuff are on that forum. It makes me sick to see that on a good forum like that. We 25 to life people are an organized community full of love and care. (psshh :D :cool: :p :) ;) ) sort of

DipBird
13th Oct 2005, 03:02
http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1033/hp434om.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

get familiar!

J-Hood
13th Oct 2005, 03:42
Ah Hell naw dip lol socom forces. Im about to use the rest of my money to buy some angelious paint and do my shoes. That credit card thing is gon be a B because I seriously dont have 1 and I cant use my friendslist or join a clan. My SN is BaPoose

marker227
13th Oct 2005, 03:47
I guess the only thing the CC thing will do is keep 13 year olds off it ;)

Why can't you ask your parents?

Keep me posted J-Hood :thumbsup:

J-Hood
14th Oct 2005, 17:37
I know they will say no. Ima just get 1 from Wester Union. Credit Card isnt really keeping kids away because CC just unlocks extra options and theres like 70,000 players and only 5,000 have them have CC. But other then that S3 is good quite differnt from the beta controllwise but im still getting used to the maps. I beast wit the RA-14 SD

marker227
14th Oct 2005, 20:12
Sounds really nice.

So far.. Do you still find it that people on your team just run off to where ever and don't care to communicate?

Have you tried any sniper rifles yet?

Thanks again.

J-Hood
15th Oct 2005, 05:36
I wish I could answer that properly but I dont know because im on a =router= and you can only talk/hear out of the mic if you adjust your router. (I didnt have to do it for s2) So I havent done it yet.

Yup I have tried that long silver 1 (terrorist) from the previous socoms attached w/ the x12 Scope. Im =not= a sniper but I did just as good with it as I did run and gun. But they found my spot so I quit with it.

Ive encoutnered a cheater already. He had a gun only unlockable if you play as admiral in bravo team and bravo team isnt even out yet.

WATERWORK reminds me of New Orleans seriously no joke. But I know they didnt intentionally put it in because of it. Yall will be surprised of the terrorist in 1P is (name is just disguised) But ill keep yall posted.

marker227
15th Oct 2005, 16:53
If you unlock the gun.. Maybe he did unlock it offline?

But anyway that sucks for us because of the cheaters. I hope it doesn't get worse. I want it to be like 1/100 games I ever see a cheater.

I hope this game promotes you need to use your team to help you complete online missions. The second one was ok everyone split up. lol and it sucked.

J-Hood
15th Oct 2005, 20:16
Its more of team work whoops my bad I think the IW can be unlocked through 1P. I have CODEBREAKER and theres cheats to unlock everything but I always play legitly. Heck I might since I really dont play 1P espacially on Admiral but theres an option under single player that lets you transfer armory and missions from the psp. You dont have to get the psp to get the stuff but theres a chance you might be banned for it.

marker227
16th Oct 2005, 05:12
As long as this game NEEDS teamwork to win online I think I'll be happy.

marker227
23rd Oct 2005, 02:24
I just rented socom III and I really dislike it! I'm not trying to slam post but I really don't like the changes... it's hard to explain. I'll reply with more later.

J-Hood
23rd Oct 2005, 05:16
I know what you mean marker I was very overhyped and got dissapointed btw this is my last and final name! Its C-Clips

marker227
23rd Oct 2005, 17:15
Socom II was so much better.... Well I liked the first one even with some problems. The single player in number I was very decent. This one is just like blah...

I really hope the 25 to life beta impressed you A LOT MORE. :)

The levels are too big and I just don't like the feel of the game.

When you get shot your back flys back a lot and its over exaggerated.

The cars suck. When you hit another car you bounce off them and fly back 5 feet.

The good thing I liked was when a grenade hit the water it actually made a realaistic spray of water.

I believe the game without hype should cost like 2 bucks. Or it should be free and they should tell us that they will make a socom III all over again to make us happy.

Hey J-Hood, this proved to me that I need to rent games more before I buy them.... I still have a pre-order on 25 to life. Are you still going to rent 25 to life first before buying?

I'm just thinking. "Can 25 to life be THAT bad?"

J-Hood
24th Oct 2005, 04:45
Keep that preorder in im not renting 25 To Life because I want to test it before I play it. I dont think I can discuss why but ill send you the PM why.

marker227
24th Oct 2005, 20:24
oh yeah... Maybe I should keep the pre-order then rent it? But if I do that it's not making sense to pre-order it....lol

Socomplaya
3rd Nov 2005, 12:01
HEy guys i ahve been a socom fan for the last 5 years...and i was so excited when socom 3 came out...but honestly i dont like socom 3 that much at all... its just not the same as the previous ones...

cashback0517
27th Nov 2005, 16:10
hello,i think sc3 just plain sucks. thats my 2 cents.

cashback0517
27th Nov 2005, 16:15
i can't wait till 25 to life gets parolled 1/17/06

marker227
27th Nov 2005, 16:20
Hehe don't we all, but thats one day :D
It did suck. I was so disappointed (but I sort of knew it would). The levels aren't that great and the guns are just terrible. Single player was reduced to nothing when they took out 7/10ths of the voice commands.

The vehicles are just dumb. Sure they are cool to dry but there aren't any physics involved in it.

btw try not to double post ;), mods are picky about it hehe (no offense mods!)

[HU$]BruceWayne
30th Nov 2005, 22:33
Yo Hood look me up I'm BruceWayne on SOCOM III. I'm sure you're verified by now!?

J-Hood
1st Dec 2005, 01:53
I dont have the game I took it back and im not varified. I'll be back on asoon as I get a mic and credit card.

TracK*
1st Dec 2005, 14:54
I been a socom fan since 1. I'm already tired of this SOCOM though. Not fun to me anymore unless i'm in clan wars.

-Arsenal-
1st Dec 2005, 22:04
Socom is fun i think, i liked them all but i think 3 will be good once a patch comes out and everything is set straight again, also the ranking is a bit messed up and could be fixed cause man i am a butter stick and i have like 200 more kills then deaths and i am about .500 on wins and losses it sucks.

VideoGameMaster
31st Dec 2005, 20:59
wins/loss ratio=biggest factor on rank....a 500 record won't get you jack..i've won 75% of my games..next factor is kill/death...i would say u were better than a butter stick..but not much better