PDA

View Full Version : world map

tyberion86
10th Oct 2005, 15:38
im reposting as i dont see my last one in the forum. i would like a world map with asia, the americas, and all of africa. mini campaigns like the british in india would be awsome too

Sh!fty
10th Oct 2005, 15:47
Have you got any idea what you're saying and asking?

tyberion86
10th Oct 2005, 15:57
yes its huge and the world map is most likely just a fantasy unless pro modders get on it. does anyone know if there is a map editor yet?

FoggyMusket
10th Oct 2005, 16:14
yes its huge and the world map is most likely just a fantasy unless pro modders get on it. does anyone know if there is a map editor yet?

I think you would need mod tools from pyro themselves to do that.
But yes I too would love a bigger campaign map, at least adding in Africa so that you fight and hold colonies there. You would have to fight tribes like the zulu and so on.

britishjohn
10th Oct 2005, 18:01
I was having a discussion with some people on another tread about some ideas for an Imperial Glory 2. A world map was mentioned as an idea. As much as I agree with your idea I must agree with the other post, It would require some major modding, probably only completable by the acctual game makers in some sort of addon. :(

Sir Crow
10th Oct 2005, 23:36
I can't see why you would want a world map for a Napoleonic game?

tyberion86
11th Oct 2005, 00:52
there was more going on then and just previous to the time period than in just eurupe, wars in india, colonization of africa, zulu wars, ect ect. you could even involve the americas.

britishjohn
16th Oct 2005, 14:03

Lets not forget that the the war of 1812 between Britain and the United States was because Britain tried to block trade with America and France and impresses sailors form American ships and generally behaved like Britain still owned the US. On a world map we could see a coalition of liberal republics (United States and France (Well sort of liberal for France)) against right wing Autocrats and Aristocrats (Russia, Prussia and Austria (Autocrats), (Britain (Aristocratic Parliament).

That would be great, Stop Britain form being invaded y having a huge navy, then send troops to the US and make it a colonial territory again...Put it this way, if that version of history had of prevailed, the world wars would have been over in a year and Britain would probably have become more and more right wing and conquered the world.

:eek: :p :D

officerpuppy
16th Oct 2005, 16:56
British policy of making the world England huh John? :D It would be interesting to expand the map. It would certinaly be quite an undertaking, the map would have to be smaller in order to fit in other countries, plus the countries would have to have their own capitols and such, I don't think such a task could be done sucessfully as we are already having problems with adding non-playable nations into the game and lack certain ablities to build certain structures.

But that leaves room for an expansion pack or a new game altogether which would be pretty cool. :cool:

Sir Crow
3rd Nov 2005, 16:26
Er John the reason for the 1812 war was that America invaded Canada, Britains successful tactic of blocking the US's ports brought them running to the peace table.