PDA

View Full Version : level complexity too high

dancingzombieKat
8th Oct 2005, 20:54
i made a really large room in my level and when i enter into the game i get an error message saying that my level complexity is too high. is there any way to avoid this without altering my level?

uncadonego
9th Oct 2005, 19:24
optimizing before you go into that room will reduce the complexity. in the command window, type "show_stats" without the quotes and hit enter. Then go into game. If you go past 900-1050 thereabouts, you're heading into danger territory. Parts of your room will disappear to the player. Try blocking some views, or simplifying the achitecture. Eg. Have three solids for beams? Could you do it with one solid and one air brush? Etc. Only you would know. If it's dark in some areas, you could make the beams 0.25 units shorter, so they don't quite touch the ceiling and floor, saving you complexity as well.

John D.
9th Oct 2005, 22:28
Just curious, but how big is the room in dromed units? Could you provide a screenshot as well so we can see what's there?

dancingzombieKat
10th Oct 2005, 16:49
i dont know how to do screen shots, but the original size of my room was pritty big. 200 long 200 high and 50 wide. i have shortend the 200s to 150 each. still having problems. i will try your advice when i get a chance :)

GORT-SMDM
10th Oct 2005, 18:35
I think that the maximum polys that can be shown is 1,024. After that, parts of your mission will dissapear and produce the hall of mirrors effect. Sure, you could change the poly count so this doesn't happen, but usually after the view hits to about 1,036 and up, you'll get that error again. The third mission's starting point in my FM set is hitting about 910. So far, no problems.

So, my advise anyone is to keep below 1,000. :thumbsup:

dancingzombieKat
29th Oct 2005, 16:32
how do you "block views"?

R_Soul
29th Oct 2005, 18:15
You build a wall or a building so that it is between you and all the polys that are causing the problem.

GORT-SMDM
30th Oct 2005, 10:31
Take R Soul's advise. It will help. :thumbsup:

dancingzombieKat
31st Oct 2005, 17:29
:cool: will try, though it might change the effect of the room.

GORT-SMDM
31st Oct 2005, 18:05
Well, show me a pic of the place. Maybe I can help. If you only want to just show it to me, e-mail it. :thumbsup:
My address is...
oonaglah@yahoo.com