PDA

View Full Version : What system are you going to get legend for?

Master
8th Oct 2005, 15:08
Xbox 360!! :cool:

Mangar The Dark
8th Oct 2005, 15:18
I'll be getting it for the Xbox. The 360 looks like it will be a bit pricey for a video game system.

gellarsgrudge
8th Oct 2005, 15:29
I want the XBOX 360 alot more! But I might not have XBOX 360 by the time Legend comes out, so I might have to get the PS2 version.

Legendary Lara Croft
8th Oct 2005, 18:32
PC :)

I will have to buy both 360 and PSP to play other versions :(

midroth
8th Oct 2005, 18:42
PS2, my brother PSP and if the PS3 comes out I hope anytime a Lara for PS3 will come out too.

Mangar The Dark
8th Oct 2005, 18:52
PC :)

I will have to buy both 360 and PSP to play other versions :(

I doubt the other versions will be different enough to make them worth buying after you've already played the PC version. The graphics might vary a bit, and maybe the controls, but other than that, you'd probably be feeling some deja vu if you played more than one version of the game.

WraithStar
8th Oct 2005, 18:55
I'm getting mine for PC:)

BloodRayne
8th Oct 2005, 18:58
XBOX 360 for sure...has anyone seen these pic....there in-game from the XBOX 360, look at the detail, its amazing!!

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/8345/screen14qh.jpg

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/9447/screen24qa.jpg

ELEN
8th Oct 2005, 19:23
there in-game from the XBOX 360, look at the detail, its amazing!!

Then imagine how the game will look like on PC :p I can't wait :D

WraithStar
8th Oct 2005, 19:55
Indeed:D *paces nervously while waiting* (Although seriously I can wait as long as it takes for them to make a perfect game, I don't want it rushed)

Master
9th Oct 2005, 00:39
TR1 & TR2 were awesome!! TR3 was pretty good. Revelation and Chrocles were less than good. TR:AOD,even though people often said negative things about it, I thought it was cool. Even though I only beat like half of it.
I don't own a PS2 so I had to barrow it. :D
the game desighners said they were going back to TR's roots so I'm sure it'll be good!!

BloodRayne
9th Oct 2005, 01:41
Tomb Raider legend will be Amazing^^

Johnny
9th Oct 2005, 04:39
Then imagine how the game will look like on PC :p I can't wait :D

Exactly! :p :D

Sophia Leigh
9th Oct 2005, 06:37
PS2 & PC, don't know which first yet though :D

matt2324
10th Oct 2005, 02:59
i have preorder the game back last febuary for the xbox and i am going to get it for the xbox and then if i do get a xbox360 i am going to trade in my xbox game and get the 360 one.

Mangar The Dark
10th Oct 2005, 13:14
PS2 & PC, don't know which first yet though :D

Aren't they going to be the same game, though? (except that the PS2 will obviously have weaker graphics.)

This may sound like a dumb question, but I've heard of people buying games for more than one of their systems, and I never really understood why. I only did that once, when I bought GTA3 for the Xbox after already owning it on the PC, but that was because my graphics card couldn't handle the game properly, and the frame rate was always stuttering, so I got the Xbox version a few years later on a discount rack so that I could finally play it properly.

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Oct 2005, 14:57
PC first and then all the rest. :cool:

traiderspy
10th Oct 2005, 15:23

amen to that! :D :thumbsup:

ELEN
10th Oct 2005, 15:30
Some people have this damn luxury!!! *sigh*

BloodRayne
10th Oct 2005, 16:27
Well i was gonna get in on XBOX, but now since i found out its not coming out until febuary ill get it on the XBOX 360 for sure

the XBOX 360 come out in november right?

ZachariasDk
10th Oct 2005, 17:03
PC, but only because it ain't coming out for GameCube or Revolution :(

Mangar The Dark
10th Oct 2005, 18:14

But nobody answered my question about why people buy the same game for more than one system! I'm really curious about it.

WraithStar
10th Oct 2005, 20:35
I only buy games for PC, so I can't answer that question from personal experience. I've heard some people say that they prefer playing games on a particular console, but then they buy the PC version also for screenshots and stuff like that. I don't know why someone who already has the PC version would want to buy another copy for a console, though. I mean, I understand it if someone finds a cheap copy of a good game for another console and decides to get it just to see if it's different, buy why would someone pay full price for multiple copies of the same game?

Sophia Leigh
10th Oct 2005, 22:21
But nobody answered my question about why people buy the same game for more than one system! I'm really curious about it.

Well for me I like to have my Tomb Raider games on Playstation so that I can lounge around, even lie down if I want to while I play which is something that I can't do if I am sitting at my desk in front of my PC.

One of the benefits of having it on PC though are screen shots. Also in TR3 there was no way I was going to get all the secrets playing it on Playstation with the save game set up, so when I got it on PC not so long ago I was able to download the All Hallows save game file from Stella's site and play that level. Also sometimes I like to go into my computer room to play Tomb Raider and just shut the door (ahh, peace & quiet).

I know that this doesn't apply to Legend, but I wouldn't have been able to play Unfinished Business or Golden Mask if I didn't have 1 & 2 on PC, also you can only get the TR3 the Lost Artifact on PC and then there is the Level Editor.....

Also, I like having full sets so thats another reason I don't just have some for Playstation and the others for PC :o

Well thats my reasons anyway :)

I mean, I understand it if someone finds a cheap copy of a good game for another console and decides to get it just to see if it's different, buy why would someone pay full price for multiple copies of the same game?

I would only pay full price for one copy though, I'll wait for prices to come down before buying the second. :D

Trinity34
11th Oct 2005, 00:15
I am going to try the PC version this year..... maybe with a gamepad. :rolleyes: :)

LuxAngel
11th Oct 2005, 01:45
1. What versions of Legend I'll acquire:

Answer is also a question: what versions of Legend won't I get? :D

I'm going for the PS2, and PC.... but I'm also going to buy the new XBox, so.... THAT TOO! lol

This may sound like a dumb question, but I've heard of people buying games for more than one of their systems, and I never really understood why...

Not a dumb question at all. :)

I buy different versions because it became something of an obsession for me to collect the games. I have TR for Mac, PS, and now PC... but I like to have backup copies.

Unfortunately, I discovered a little tingling every time I passed a TR game in the store. So errr... yah, I even have unwrapped copies of TR1, TR3, Last Revelation, and Chronicles...:rolleyes: I ended up with several copies of the games for 3 platforms; all except AOD for Mac.

Will somebody PLEASE stop me.

Trinity34
11th Oct 2005, 02:03
Will somebody PLEASE stop me.

Oh no.. I see the signs... its time for you to join Tomb Raiders Anonymous. The first step is to admit you are obsessed with TR.... :p :D

Master
11th Oct 2005, 03:42
Well i was gonna get in on XBOX, but now since i found out its not coming out until febuary ill get it on the XBOX 360 for sure

the XBOX 360 come out in november right?

November 22nd. :thumbsup: :eek: :D :cool: :)

cornchild
11th Oct 2005, 03:46
Probably for ps2 or xbox.

If the store is sold out of one version then I will buy the other.

enoch
11th Oct 2005, 10:12
I'll be getting it for the Xbox. The 360 looks like it will be a bit pricey for a video game system.

Pricey??? How much do they cost in your area? I am playstation person myself but the prices on the 360 looks very decent; ca 220 £ in Scandinavia for the small one.

star girl
11th Oct 2005, 14:26
I'll definitely buy it for PC. And about the price, well, I bought AOD last year for about Rs.100/-. 50 rupees for each CD. But AOD, was old . I've located some nice video game stores, think they might sell Legend for about (maybe) Rs.300/- or so. I'm not at all sure.

Stuntbabe X
12th Oct 2005, 01:07
I cant stand playing on PC. I always mess up the controls and kill Lara. Ill probably be getting it for PS2. Xbox if Im lucky but that means Id have to buy the system! LOL

LostCry
13th Oct 2005, 16:03
XBOX 360. I think it'll look best on that, but if anyone can show me a console that plays th egame better show me! I'm only getting it for the best console O___O'

Telekill
13th Oct 2005, 20:23
I'm going to get Tomb Raider Legend for both PS2 and PSP if it comes to it. :D

Trinity34
13th Oct 2005, 22:59
Sorry if this has been posted before but.... are the graphics for the Xbox360 better than a PC? Or does it depend on the graphics card the PC has?

xbaa
14th Oct 2005, 11:23
I was going to buy the game for Xbox but now that the game is coming in spring , I'll probably buy the 360 version

French raider
14th Oct 2005, 12:17
PS2... my Pc is'nt powerfull enough ans I don't get the X-Box... :rolleyes:

LostCry
14th Oct 2005, 12:22
Sorry if this has been posted before but.... are the graphics for the Xbox360 better than a PC? Or does it depend on the graphics card the PC has?

yeah, i would say it depends on the graphics card. As of now, and probably 100 years into the future, theres no limit as to what your pc can achieve, theres so many graphics cards coming out every year that i'm sure you can boost legends to its highest potential if you buy the pc version. As with the consoles, they can reach a certain level then you'll be struggling to get them any better, anyless you modify them, plus with the consoles, the higher the quality the slower the game goes (or so i heard). But thats just my way of looking at it.

If you wanna boost your pc's graphics to their best, i recommened checking out ATI's website for the latest graphics cards...

WraithStar
14th Oct 2005, 15:26
In the past, though, some games actually did have better graphics on a particular console than PC because they didn't bother to program all of the special effects into the PC version:( Specifically, I'm referring to the fact that SR1 has higher graphics on the Dreamcast than on PC, and also I think BO2 has some extra mist effects on Xbox that aren't on PC. Does anyone know if that is the case with Legend?

Mangar The Dark
14th Oct 2005, 15:41
Pricey??? How much do they cost in your area? I am playstation person myself but the prices on the 360 looks very decent; ca 220 £ in Scandinavia for the small one.

From what I hear, it will start at about $300-$400 in the US. I guess it's cheap if you consider the fact that people sometimes pay that much just to get a new graphics card, but the idea of spending anything over $200 for what is essentially a toy seems a bit crazy. I'll wait for the price to drop, and by that time, I'll be able to decide if the PS3 is the better choice (from what I've seen so far, it looks like the PS3 will be better than the 360, but it's hard to say for sure yet, so I want to see both systems in action before deciding anything.)

Mangar The Dark
14th Oct 2005, 15:44
I cant stand playing on PC. I always mess up the controls and kill Lara. Ill probably be getting it for PS2. Xbox if Im lucky but that means Id have to buy the system! LOL

Funny you should say that-- I was just thinking, "This will be my first TR game on a console... hope the controls don't suck!" I've gotten so used to playing TR on the PC, it will take some time to get the feel of controlling Lara with a gamepad. Then again, supposedly we're looking at an all-new control scheme this time around, so I guess even if I got the PC version, it might take some time to get familiar with it.

Trinity34
14th Oct 2005, 16:54
Does anyone know if that is the case with Legend?

Good question. It could be since this will be the first time a TR game is being made for Xbox that Crystal D might program in more effects than with the PC version. :confused: That would really suck.

Mangar The Dark
14th Oct 2005, 20:15
One of the benefits of having it on PC though are screen shots.

Thanks for the answer!

Stupid question #2-- What do you do with the screenshots? (I've played all the previous TR games only on the PC, but I never felt compelled to take screenshots of any of them, simply because I'd have nothing to do with the shots after taking them.)

Sophia Leigh
15th Oct 2005, 08:00
Thanks for the answer!

Stupid question #2-- What do you do with the screenshots? (I've played all the previous TR games only on the PC, but I never felt compelled to take screenshots of any of them, simply because I'd have nothing to do with the shots after taking them.)

For example you can use them in your signature or avatar, use them as part of fan-art, make wallpapers or screen savers or if you are feeling adventurous your own fan website. Have a look at Catsuit&ponytail's website for an example :thumbsup:

Edit: Check out LuxAngel's website too :thumbsup:

clairelovestlc
15th Oct 2005, 09:38
pc all the way, didnt spend this much money on a new pc, to go and have to buy an xbox lol

Dragu Slave
17th Oct 2005, 12:38
PS2 version for me.

laracroft4me
17th Oct 2005, 16:58
PC version for me, and probably xbox360, later on

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/3065/trl_banner2.jpg

Master
27th Oct 2005, 03:25
From what I hear, it will start at about $300-$400 in the US. I guess it's cheap if you consider the fact that people sometimes pay that much just to get a new graphics card, but the idea of spending anything over $200 for what is essentially a toy seems a bit crazy. I'll wait for the price to drop, and by that time, I'll be able to decide if the PS3 is the better choice (from what I've seen so far, it looks like the PS3 will be better than the 360, but it's hard to say for sure yet, so I want to see both systems in action before deciding anything.)

Xbox 360 $299.00 w/o HD- $399.00 w/HD.
With the extra $100.00 you get alot more with it than just the HD. :D

For me though I decided to stick with my old Xbox brcause Microsoft kind of made me mad becuse the 360 is not backwards capadible :confused: :mad: :( :eek:
So I'll get Lara on my Xbox instead :)

KHollister
27th Oct 2005, 14:12
Definitely PC... I know it's just me, but I don't care for gaming consoles. There's something wrong about a computer that is dedicated solely to playing games...

susan
27th Oct 2005, 16:49
My PS2. I'd possibly upgrade to a next gen console if both Xbox360 and PS3 were out to compare properly, but that's not going to happen unless the game's delayed :eek: (oops, swear word).

There's something wrong about a computer that is dedicated solely to playing games...LOL. Kinda decadent isn't it? As gaming should be imo, stretched out in comfy chair gamepad in hand, mmm. :D

WraithStar
27th Oct 2005, 16:52
LOL. Kinda decadent isn't it? As gaming should be imo, stretched out in comfy chair gamepad in hand, mmm. :D

You obviously haven't seen how I live :p My PC screen is bigger than my TV and it's much more comfortable/convenient sitting in front of my PC than in front of my TV. Also, gamepads give me such bad hand cramps that I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing after a few hours at a time (I'm used to pouring at least 5 hours into a game at once when I really get into it). I wouldn't describe my gaming habits as "decadent." It's much more like "manic" :p

susan
27th Oct 2005, 17:12
Also, gamepads give me such bad hand cramps that I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing after a few hours at a time (I'm used to pouring at least 5 hours into a game at once when I really get into it). I wouldn't describe my gaming habits as "decadent." It's much more like "manic" :pWow, I never heard of gamepads causing cramps. Have you got big hands or something? Or maybe you just need to keep going till your hands get used to it... Hehe, you must try harder!! :D :p

WraithStar
27th Oct 2005, 17:58
Actually, I'm quite little :p I can't use trackballs with the ball under the thumb, either, or I get similar cramps. I play games using the keyboard and a trackball with the ball under the pointer finger:)

Dia2blo
27th Oct 2005, 19:33
Im going to have to buy it for the xbox and the psp. I cant afford the xbox 360 damn it :mad: !!! I wonder, will it look as good on the pc??? :confused:

Master
27th Oct 2005, 21:56
Im going to have to buy it for the xbox and the psp. I cant afford the xbox 360 damn it :mad: !!! I wonder, will it look as good on the pc??? :confused:

They boast that the graphic card in the 360 will be better than anything that the modern day pc can accomplish but we'll see. Personally, I decided not to get a 360 until Microsoft gets their act together...they're more interested in going online with it than the average gamer who just wants to hang out and play a good game!
I think it's awesome that Tomb Raider is coming on the Xbox though! :D

Trinity34
27th Oct 2005, 22:00
Wow, I never heard of gamepads causing cramps. Have you got big hands or something? Or maybe you just need to keep going till your hands get used to it... Hehe, you must try harder!! :D :p

I already know my limit.. its 5 hours on PS2 then the cramps start. :rolleyes:

CatSuit&Ponytail
28th Oct 2005, 10:24
My hands also hurt when I do the same thing with them for too long, Trinity. Gamepads are bad. Keyboards are way better. I love my Trackman Wheel. :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

susan
28th Oct 2005, 14:33
I already know my limit.. its 5 hours on PS2 then the cramps start. :rolleyes: Boo! You have to be able to play for more than 5 hours when you're playing a new TR. :D It just goes to show yet again, one size doesn't fit all.

Actually, I'm quite little. :p I can't use trackballs with the ball under the thumb, either, or I get similar cramps. I play games using the keyboard and a trackball with the ball under the pointer finger.Awkward customer eh?! ;) I have trouble with some pointers too. At the moment I'm using a graphics pen which is a marvel. :)

tip
28th Oct 2005, 15:48
They boast that the graphic card in the 360 will be better than anything that the modern day pc can accomplish but we'll see. Personally, I decided not to get a 360 until Microsoft gets their act together...they're more interested in going online with it than the average gamer who just wants to hang out and play a good game!
I think it's awesome that Tomb Raider is coming on the Xbox though! :D

:confused:
Xbox 360 has 3x 3.2ghz processors aboard!! It has a big fat videocard in there..
whats your point??

Master
29th Oct 2005, 00:28
:confused:
Xbox 360 has 3x 3.2ghz processors aboard!! It has a big fat videocard in there..
whats your point??

Read the quote!

Sophia Leigh
29th Oct 2005, 10:49
I already know my limit.. its 5 hours on PS2 then the cramps start. :rolleyes:

I know! Especially if you are doing the same bit over and over again :D

Master
29th Oct 2005, 14:56
I never experienced cramping but then again Lara and I use to pull all nighters back in the PSone days :D

T-Bird
5th Nov 2005, 21:07
Definitly PS2 :thumbsup: not XBox, cause you can always play the TR sereis on th PS3, yes all of them; the PS1 and 2 versions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D