PDA

View Full Version : Release Date

matt2324
8th Oct 2005, 00:08
i would really like it if the game was released a bit sooner than the spring it would be better if it was released at the end of fall. or you guys could give a a ps2,xbox and other system demo. also when is the exact release date of this game. if it is coming out in may i will be a little mad

dhama
8th Oct 2005, 08:43
Look! if I have to wait, so do you!! You want it finished don't you? You won't settle for another AOD, so have patience and let CD get on with their work. ;)

Deckard
8th Oct 2005, 09:34
Heavens :eek: ! Consider this: Crystal Dynamics couldn't have started working "seriously" on the game before end 2003. And this means they have been working on the new installment for about 24 months now. This is not a very long period of time, if you consider that they had to start from scratch. No storyline, no design, no animations: nothing from the previous installments could be put to use by Crystal. Plus they are coding for XBox too now. Plus they definitively have to make sure that the best result is achieved with this new installment, in order to get away from the not-so-brilliant AoD :o .
My opinion is: Spring 2006 is very soon and a remarkably short develpment time! @Crystal Dynamics: Don't rush it! We've seen what happens if you do ..... speed kills! ;)

star girl
8th Oct 2005, 13:46
Spring 2006?!

WHY OH WHY GOD, WHY?!

matt2324
8th Oct 2005, 13:59
i think mid january would be good or early febuary and also I REALLY WANT A DEMO

star girl
8th Oct 2005, 14:02
i think mid january would be good or early febuary and also I REALLY WANT A DEMO

That should be appropriate.

BloodRayne
8th Oct 2005, 14:33
spring 2006? huh...i thought it was november 15th, 2005

Legendary Lara Croft
8th Oct 2005, 18:44
I can even wait until next summer, as long as there are no bugs and it's not like AOD. Give Eidos some time to finish and complete the project, they already have a lot on their plate. They are doing it for us, future of Tomb Raider depends on Legend. So be patient and support Lara :D

WraithStar
8th Oct 2005, 18:58
They should definitely take as long as they need. The last thing I want is for such a promising game to get cut down or rushed to the shelves without being properly tested for bugs. Also, since I'll be buying the PC version, I want them to test it properly instead of just porting it without even bothering to see if there are control issues.

jay2
8th Oct 2005, 22:19
Since Tombraider 2,i have allway's looked foreward to november for the next chapter,i wish november 2005 becomed TR7

star girl
9th Oct 2005, 11:25
I can even wait until next summer, as long as there are no bugs and it's not like AOD. Give Eidos some time to finish and complete the project, they already have a lot on their plate. They are doing it for us, future of Tomb Raider depends on Legend. So be patient and support Lara :D

Maybe, yeah I can wait till summer too. I (hope to be) on shannigan (don't know the spellings) next summer. I can buy Legend whilst I'm there.

Trinity34
10th Oct 2005, 03:55
Hi star girl.

Were you affected by the earthquake?

star girl
10th Oct 2005, 13:48
Hi star girl.

Were you affected by the earthquake?

God, Ann, you should've seen the way I ran out of my house. It was about 8:55 on Saturday morning, my bed was vibrating furiously. I jumped out and ran. I even felt the Earth trembling beneath my feet. When I again entered the house, the big chandelier in my house was swayin violently, then came the less affective aftershock.

Thank God Lahore (the city in which I live in) was not very affected, a few shops collapsed and only 10 people got injured. Not such damage in Lahore.

The earthquake came in the northern parts of Pakistan. The capital, Islamabad. Well, a whole building collapsed there, which contained 60 apartment blocks, each occupied with about 4-5 people. The government is still taking out people, mostly dead bodies from the debris. But Islamabad does have somewhat good facilities, the main problem is Kashmir, and Peshawer.

Muzaffarabad is a city there, undeveloped. The most damage in the whole country came to that area. Villages have been completely wiped out. Since it is a mountanious area, roads have been completely destroyed because of land-sliding. Due to bad weather conditions, helicopters can't reach there to provide aid. I saw on the television that the people were taking refuge in the nearby fields, and clouds were approaching, and it would start raining heavily in about 2 hours. On Sunday, it was reported that 144 aftershocks have been felt.

On Saturday night, I took out the extra clothes I had. Later on Sunday, I cololected shoes, clothes, warm garments (it's very cold up there) and other stuff and sent it for donations, along with 5 million rupees (me + my whole family). Even now, I'm trying my best to give all the extra stuff I own. 7.6 on richter scale is NOT okay. It was a moment of immense grief, I tell you. I couldn't believe that the news on the TV was true. I am deeply depressed by it.

Sophia Leigh
10th Oct 2005, 22:10
Gosh Star girl :eek: ! I'm glad to hear that you are O.K. :)

That must have been very scary for you. :(

I hope that none of your family or friends have been affected either. It is very kind of you to donate your belongings and money to those less fortunate. I hope that your country can recover quickly.

Trinity34
11th Oct 2005, 00:33
Star girl I am glad you and your family are OK. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/hug.gif

@ matt2324 - Sorry for hijacking your topic. :o The release date for Legend is spring 2006 and there will be a demo available in December for all three versions.

matt2324
11th Oct 2005, 02:55
how do you know that there will be a demo bt if you are rite i am total up for it in december i can deal with december do you know how to get it and what we will be playing on it. Thanks for the info

Trinity34
11th Oct 2005, 02:58
There was an interview with Morgan Gray (Eidos) at the German Game Convention and I think he mentioned there being a demo in december plus I went to E3 and was told that there would definately be a demo for each format.

matt2324
11th Oct 2005, 03:01
oo cool this is so exciting i cant wait but he said nothing on how to get or anything like that just the fact that there is a demo

star girl
11th Oct 2005, 14:16
Mum and Ann- your companies make me feel so much better. I went to a blood camp today. Just donated B+. And yes, we are taking aid from foreign countries, that is a great help. Today, two women have been taken out alive from the basement of the collapsed building in Islamabad. They did not even have a scrath! :eek: :eek:

Matt- Happy now? Got the release date finally. It is bound to come out in Spring 2006, donno about the demos though. Hope this thread gave you what you wanted. :)

matt2324
11th Oct 2005, 19:32
yes i am very happy and i just though about this demos usually come out in a month or two before the actual game so this may mean we will be seeing it late january-mid febuary

star girl
12th Oct 2005, 08:47
yes i am very happy and i just though about this demos usually come out in a month or two before the actual game so this may mean we will be seeing it late january-mid febuary

how about 14th February? That's on Lara's birthday!

Sophia Leigh
12th Oct 2005, 23:38
how about 14th February? That's on Lara's birthday!
star girl, do you know what? You are probably right, I can imagine them using that as a marketing strategy.

star girl
13th Oct 2005, 09:39
star girl, do you know what? You are probably right, I can imagine them using that as a marketing strategy.

I always, always ALWAYS am~!

Sophia Leigh
14th Oct 2005, 00:14
I always, always ALWAYS am~!

LOL! :D :D

star girl
14th Oct 2005, 08:19
LOL! :D :D

Seriously, I'm not joking. My wildest of the guesses made me a 9 A's student, in O/A levels. In college, I'd close my eyes listening to some music and viola! The best sculpture in the whole batch! In my job too, some (unexpected) mixing and matching and I made it to the top! :D ;)

Stuntbabe X
14th Oct 2005, 20:20
Ill be patient for the release date. Its understandable and quite frankly I wouldnt be surprised if the date was pushed back even from then. Rather it come out later, than come out sooner and have it be crappy. :rolleyes: