PDA

View Full Version : I love the New Look!

marklvr4life
6th Oct 2005, 19:10
Does anyone out there love Lara's new look?

akamatt
6th Oct 2005, 19:54
Well, yes and no.

First off, it's awesome, it's so life-like and realistic! Great job Cyrstal Dynamics!

Secondly... Well I kind of miss the old Lara Croft, we've known for what 8 years? But luckily the new Lara does reseamble the old Lara quite a bit.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Roody
19th Oct 2005, 12:39
I love her... so much! I didn't like AOD Lara, her forhead was too big and she had kind of a flat face. Legend Lara is such an improvement.

laracroft4me
19th Oct 2005, 13:52
I love the new look, she looks more beautiful than ever, but i still like the old look too :)

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/3065/lara11.jpg

Trinity34
19th Oct 2005, 14:33
Hi marklvr4life.

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/7468/wel21e02ut.gif

Yes, Lara looks great. :)

Silva
19th Oct 2005, 23:22
Why make her bust smaller because of female players...i wouldn't be offended controlling a male character with huge biceps...goodness

Some size dimensions should also be custom for the player...for those who like smaller "foreheads" :S or small noses...etc etc...Lara is quite the model...and you should keep her that way!

KHollister
20th Oct 2005, 00:46
Hate to disagree, but I really like the new look.

I don't think that Lara should be customizable (I said something about this in another thread). After all, if you change Lara too much, she ceases to be Lara... and Lara is the main reason I play the game (can you tell I didn't care for Kurtis Trent in AOD?).

M.e
22nd Oct 2005, 14:50
I realy loooooooooooove here new look :D She looks fantastic :thumbsup: here outfit is more realistic and here additude is better with that ,great done ! ;) .... in AOD she looks like a Gothic , not that i hate gothics or something ,, but the AOD lara just don't fit with here real persenalotie(sorry about my bad english) she looks better than ever before :cool:

Nybis
22nd Oct 2005, 17:04
I like her new look too. She looks so much more real. There's only one thing I don't like though. The new ponytail. I don't like that they cut it down to half the original length. The waist long poytail was a trademark. It's a pity.

ELEN
22nd Oct 2005, 17:20
If I say I love the new look, it will be just a small part of my thoughts!!! The pic that laracroft4me posted is one of the few that I don't like. Lara seems she has her waist broken. In other images, she is just a beauty!!

laracroft4me
24th Oct 2005, 14:10
i think she is a beauty in all her pics, sorry (ELEN) if the picture is not of your taste.

i'm just in love with her :D

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/3065/screen5a.jpg

ELEN
24th Oct 2005, 15:09

Well, I guess we have a problem here :p

laracroft4me
24th Oct 2005, 15:41
Well, I guess we have a problem here :p

yes i admit it, i fell in love with lara croft since i first played tomb raider, and then tomb raider 2, and 3, i have played all of her games, and watched all the movies, i own all the games, movies, and some action figures.

please forgive me, i just can't help it. :D

Trinity34
24th Oct 2005, 16:58
yes i admit it, i fell in love with lara croft since i first played tomb raider, and then tomb raider 2, and 3, i have played all of her games, and watched all the movies, i own all the games, movies, and some action figures.

please forgive me, i just can't help it. :D

Oops... looks like another member for the Tomb Raiders Anonymous group. :D

laracroft4me
24th Oct 2005, 17:43
Oops... looks like another member for the Tomb Raiders Anonymous group. :D

LOL :D yes i guess i'll have to join :D

Mangar The Dark
24th Oct 2005, 17:51

Well that's just disturbing.

laracroft4me
24th Oct 2005, 17:56
Well that's just disturbing.

i'm just playing, i'm not actually in love with her, but i'm a big fan, yes to fall in love with a 3d character would be disturbing. :D

TR-AOD
25th Oct 2005, 10:16
I have to agree with Nybis, i would have prefered the trademark long ponytail :(

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Oct 2005, 10:38
I have to agree with Nybis, i would have prefered the trademark long ponytail :(

And I agree with you both.

Mangar The Dark
25th Oct 2005, 15:31
And I respecfully disagree with you both. I never much cared for that long pony tail. This looks better, in my opinion, and more appropriate for spelunking.

WraithStar
25th Oct 2005, 18:10
Yeah, short hair is better. In the games so far, I've been almost afraid that her braid would get caught on something and snap her neck :(

Mangar The Dark
25th Oct 2005, 18:48
lol!
People thought she looked the worst in TR1, and I guess from a graphics standpoint she did, but her hair style certainly made more sense for her chosen profession!

Aside from that, I think shortish hair on women can be very attractive. Of course, Lara's is stil a long way from "shortish," but hey, there's always TR8!

Xxx_Lara_xxX
26th Oct 2005, 04:24
When I saw the 'new' braid in TR2 for the first time, I thought it was the most amazingly realistic hair I had ever seen, I was fascinated by the way it would float in the water and bounce behind her when she ran, slide over her shoulder and swing in the air, etc

by the time TR Last Revelation rolled around, that 'look' was getting kind of stale. The shorts were no longer just short, now they were clinging to her behind with a big, visible, supposedly sexy wedgie. The blue bathing suit wasn't just barely peeking out the side of her shorts, it now resembled a thong with big wedges of skin showing. And the hair wasn't a fresh new innovation anymore, it was just longer and part of that 'look' -- the long braid with the skanky shorts and not-so-subtle booty crack. Then, the AOD braid was like a stick on the back of her head

The idea all along is that Lara is an adventure girl with the gall to kill anyone who stands in her way, and the long braid was getting sort of old so I am happy with the ponytail, it looks fresh and adventurous :D

Sophia Leigh
26th Oct 2005, 09:49
I like the long plait :thumbsup: but in TR1 when she had it all tied up did make the most sense for raiding tombs :)

akamatt
11th Nov 2005, 18:47
I love Lara's look!

star girl
11th Nov 2005, 21:17
by the time TR Last Revelation rolled around, that 'look' was getting kind of stale. The shorts were no longer just short, now they were clinging to her behind with a big, visible, supposedly sexy wedgie. The blue bathing suit wasn't just barely peeking out the side of her shorts, it now resembled a thong with big wedges of skin showing. And the hair wasn't a fresh new innovation anymore, it was just longer and part of that 'look' -- the long braid with the skanky shorts and not-so-subtle booty crack. Then, the AOD braid was like a stick on the back of her head

The idea all along is that Lara is an adventure girl with the gall to kill anyone who stands in her way, and the long braid was getting sort of old so I am happy with the ponytail, it looks fresh and adventurous :D

:eek:
Do you have long hair???

If not, then you just don't understand! I know, because I myself have long hair, though not long as Lara (AOD), but hey, I was putting all sorts of oil that seemed suitable so they'd grow out. Okay, okay, not all sorts, but I did have stong will-power!

As for the braid stuck to her head, then that, my friend, is a typical braid. It was very stupid you know, her braid flowing out in the most unusual manner. Now my hair is till my rib-cage, tied up in a braid, ALWAYS. For some people, it is very disturbing, but if I let out my hair open, even in a pony-tail, I have those blasted split-ends and EXTREMELY tangled hair. :mad: And when I try to brush them. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaargggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

It's a horrible sight.

About fresh and advenutrous part, I again disagree. No, she doesn't look horrible, but I just don't have the power to see a ponytail the other way. And I really, really am surprised how Lara suffered, her beautiful brown hair being cut down. That is just out of the question if she has unmanageable hair, but I think she looked pretty reasonable and comfortable in a braid. It was the most surprising, I believe. But alas, everyone has his/her own view of looking at things, one doesn't understand that easily *sigh*.

Mangar The Dark
11th Nov 2005, 21:54
suffered[/I], her beautiful brown hair being cut down. That is just out of the question if she has unmanageable hair, but I think she looked pretty reasonable and comfortable in a braid.

LOL!! Please, please, please tell me you're writing this tonque-in-cheek!!

On the slim chance that you're not kidding around, you may sleep better if you remind yourself:
1) It's called getting a haircut. People get them, no biggie. The hair has no feeling, she didn't "suffer."
2) It's video game character! Relax! :p

star girl
13th Nov 2005, 15:12
LOL!! Please, please, please tell me you're writing this tonque-in-cheek!!

On the slim chance that you're not kidding around, you may sleep better if you remind yourself:
1) It's called getting a haircut. People get them, no biggie. The hair has no feeling, she didn't "suffer."
2) It's video game character! Relax! :p

When using the word 'suffering' I mean 'mental suffering', not physical. But I really wonder if she 'wanted' having her hair cut (am I'm very familiar with hair-cuts!). You know, will power...

And secondly, we give big importance to Lara, even if she is a video game character, hey I almost forgot that!

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Nov 2005, 06:19

Actually, it is very traumatic for a woman with very long hair to suddenly have it cut. Most often it involves some crying, at the hairdresser's or at home, even when the woman decided herself to have it cut. I have even seen men get very upset when they had to have their hair cut.

star girl
14th Nov 2005, 09:55
Actually, it is very traumatic for a woman with very long hair to suddenly have it cut. Most often it involves some crying, at the hairdresser's or at home, even when the woman decided herself to have it cut. I have even seen men get very upset when they had to have their hair cut.

Yes! That is exactly for what I had to say!!!

Sophia Leigh
14th Nov 2005, 10:34
I've gone from having really long hair to short hair a few times before and immediately after having it cut I think to myself what the hell did I do that for :(

Whats worse is when you go to the hairdresser and ask for a little trim and they take heaps off. :mad:

Thankfully I have long hair at the moment and haven't had the impulse to cut it in a long time :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Nov 2005, 11:30
...after having it cut I think to myself what the hell did I do that for :(

Ha! Yep, I can sure relate to that! :D

Mangar The Dark
14th Nov 2005, 13:47
I don't believe I'm in the middle of a conversation about the traumatic stress a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER goes through when getting a hair cut (which is actually a pixel cut, I guess, since she's a fricken VIDEO GAME CHARACTER!) LOL!
Ah, well, I guess I need to get out more. This is just... disturbing.....
:D

star girl
14th Nov 2005, 14:57
:)
I don't believe I'm in the middle of a conversation about the traumatic stress a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER goes through when getting a hair cut (which is actually a pixel cut, I guess, since she's a fricken VIDEO GAME CHARACTER!) LOL!

You can't expect much here, with the ladies, I guess. ;)

Whats worse is when you go to the hairdresser and ask for a little trim and they take heaps off.

Yeah, that happened several times with me too, till I know force the hair-dresser "Hey, show me how much you're cutting off!" But I really don't like getting trims myslef, speaking frankly. But my new policy workd out fine now.

Thankfully I have long hair at the moment and haven't had the impulse to cut it in a long time

I went to the hair-dresser yesterday for a new haircut, as my cousins wedding is coming up. Got something like Lara from the front, and just a little trim from the back. The woman was Chinese, Maggie, and people you should'v seen the way she cuts hair. I was up in hardly ten minutes, and could not fine even a single teeny-tiny error in her cutting. From the back though, she herself said (in very very very clear Urdu, mind you, it ain't an easy language) "I wont cut very from the back, a very light trim," adn after showing it to me, hardly half an inch.

But now I'll keep them long, I always had wanted to.

Mangar The Dark
14th Nov 2005, 16:02
Well, since we're talking about traumatic hair stories-- (I can't believe I'm being sucked into this....)

I, too, used to have fairly long hair. But then, to my complete shock and horror, I noticed it was starting to thin out!!!!! After several weeks in a psychiatric ward (ok, not really), I came to the decision to cut it to a shorter, more manageable length that worked better. See, you women think you have it rough, but at least most of you don't lose it permanently! (I still have several years to go, but it's on its way.)

I think Lara should shave her head completely for TR8-- eyebrows included. (well, not really, but I'd love to see the reactions on this board if she did.)

Chris-Craig Michaels
15th Nov 2005, 23:10
I like the way that Lara looks in TR: Legend in terms of her face and her hair. I actually really like her new hairstyle, although my all-time favorite was TR1 (something about the way her hair fell on the sides of her face, sort of puffing out a bit behind her ears). Her new hair is the closest it's been to the TR1 style, and looks more modern anyway.
The one thing I really don't like are her new shorts…I think that Lara is a lady and that that is part of her appeal just as much as her body, both of which are less than her personality. I liked the AOD-shorts line best, even though I think Lara's face looks better in TR:L. I guess I also liked the original TR1 face, and her skin has never been as tan as in TR1. If I could combine TR1 and TRL, that would be my perfect Lara.

star girl
16th Nov 2005, 14:58
I think Lara should shave her head completely for TR8-- eyebrows included. (well, not really, but I'd love to see the reactions on this board if she did.)

:eek: :eek: :eek: I'll never buy Legend if that happens!!!!!

liked the AOD-shorts line best,

Personally speaking, I hate that green top and brown shorts in the old TR's! But I loved those short's Lara wore in AOD, better than anything else! And I prefer Legend's shorts as well.

TRfan
16th Nov 2005, 17:45
ok... ok. I sorta kinda like the new Lara as well just because she's a little more realistic but at the same time, she doesnt look that realistic during the game play. Like the two picture shown on page one, the model pose image is HOT but then the Lara during game play looks cheap.

Lara's head is more of an long oval if anything. Dont understand the slight change in that detail. Dont understand the cave mave brow bone.

And the belly top?... a belly top? Who does that? I dont see the need to wear belly tops in caves and I really never understood the short shorts either. I guess its just sticking to the old Lara or something. Lets hope she has more than one outfit throughout this game. And yes... the shorts in AOD were HOT.

And Im with whoever with the short hair. The long pony tail was hot. Should have kept it. It was somewhat of a trademark.

star girl
17th Nov 2005, 15:52
ok... ok. I sorta kinda like the new Lara as well just because she's a little more realistic but at the same time, she doesnt look that realistic during the game play. Like the two picture shown on page one, the model pose image is HOT but then the Lara during game play looks cheap.

Lara's head is more of an long oval if anything. Dont understand the slight change in that detail. Dont understand the cave mave brow bone.

And the belly top?... a belly top? Who does that? I dont see the need to wear belly tops in caves and I really never understood the short shorts either. I guess its just sticking to the old Lara or something. Lets hope she has more than one outfit throughout this game. And yes... the shorts in AOD were HOT.

And Im with whoever with the short hair. The long pony tail was hot. Should have kept it. It was somewhat of a trademark.

I totally have to agree. I loved her long ponytail, and when I used to ask my friends about Tomb Raider (unfortunately, them being less adventurous than I) used to ask "The one with the long brown braid, right?"
*sighs*
Let's hope they still recognize her... :(

rotcehb
18th Nov 2005, 14:26
well the new lara its fantastic!!!
she look very well!
but i have a question...
in this TR young lara participate? (sorry for mi bad english :D )
i looooooooooooove all tr in special the 4 :rolleyes:

TRfan
18th Nov 2005, 20:55
I havent really read alot about the game since Im more of a visual gamer. As long as it looks good and plays well, Im happy. But anyways, I thought I had read that Legend was supposed to have taken place before TR1? Or did they say she would face an enemy from her past?

shurik
20th Nov 2005, 21:33
Like my title says, the BEST OF THE BEST of all the T.R. series.

Mangar The Dark
21st Nov 2005, 01:25
I havent really read alot about the game since Im more of a visual gamer. As long as it looks good and plays well, Im happy. But anyways, I thought I had read that Legend was supposed to have taken place before TR1? Or did they say she would face an enemy from her past?

She's supposed to have a run-in with somebody from her past (I'm guessing somebody she knew BEFORE the first game.) There was some speculation that this mysterious person was Natla, but those rumors were shot down. I think it will be somebody we've never seen before.

star girl
21st Nov 2005, 10:34

I read somewhere that this was a complete new experience for Lara. She's out of her depressed world and back to tomb raiding (she was depressed in AOD). Infact, she's quite hopeful now...

But I read it quite a time ago.

Trinity34
22nd Nov 2005, 00:24

Some people just don't understand.... :rolleyes: Hair is a very personal thing to a woman. Men always complain about losing their hair but just think if you were a woman and losing your hair. Its a status symbol. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd Nov 2005, 11:17
Really Trinity? :eek: :D ;) It is tied to self in a big way. I asked a very good friend what he'd think if I cut mine all off, and he said he'd be shocked, because I am who I am.

***So, I think Legend takes place In The Past. Before TR1, before anything. So if she has a shorter ponytail, it'll grow into the lovely long one in the previous games. :D

I also really really loved her TR1 bun, because as I personally know, it's easier for doing the adventuresome stuff as well as the everyday stuff. But a little fantasy never hurt anyone, and I love to see her long long long ponytail in the later games. ;)

Mangar The Dark
22nd Nov 2005, 15:07
Some people just don't understand.... :rolleyes: Hair is a very personal thing to a woman. Men always complain about losing their hair but just think if you were a woman and losing your hair. Its a status symbol. :)

Sorry, I missed the news about Lara going bald. I thought she just got a slightly (VERY slightly) different haircut. But since you're implying that she's actually losing her hair, yes, she had my sympathy. Oh, no, wait a second... she's a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. Scratch that, no sympathy from me. ;)

star girl
23rd Nov 2005, 11:15
[QUOTE=CatSuit&Ponytail]

***So, I think Legend takes place In The Past. Before TR1, before anything. So if she has a shorter ponytail, it'll grow into the lovely long one in the previous games. :D
[QUOTE]

REALLY?!

You know what, I'd name it TR -1 : Legend rather than TR 7: Legend
:D .

But wait, that means...

There is a chance of AOD trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarChampagne
23rd Nov 2005, 17:38
I would really like to see an AoD sequel - it was an incredible game, and it has a lot of potential even if it did get tonnes of bad reviews. But I think CD could just *forget* about it happening and keep the games as sequels to the original.

And I think Lara's hair looks great however she has it... the ponytail is especially cool, imo

star girl
24th Nov 2005, 10:06
I would really like to see an AoD sequel - it was an incredible game, and it has a lot of potential even if it did get tonnes of bad reviews. But I think CD could just *forget* about it happening and keep the games as sequels to the original.

And I think Lara's hair looks great however she has it... the ponytail is especially cool, imo

I know, they'll never forget AOD. I want a sequel, and I know many others who want too. It's just a bit unfair! :(

Laaalle
27th Nov 2005, 21:11
i love the new look.. :)

and she looks gret of an soon 36 yeard old lady..

star girl
28th Nov 2005, 09:38
i love the new look.. :)

and she looks gret of an soon 36 yeard old lady..

She's 37 years old, and will 38 next year (2006)

EvilNessCroft
28th Nov 2005, 15:14
yeah but they changed her age for 27 now? didn't they?... I heard that in tombraiderforums.com ^^

StarChampagne
28th Nov 2005, 19:11
I think that Lara is going to suffer from that mysterious *stuck in time* disease that affects every major iconic character from James Bond to the Simpsons...

WraithStar
28th Nov 2005, 19:24
Is there an official timeline of when the games took place in terms of Lara's life? Just because it takes several years to make a game doesn't mean that several years have passed for Lara in between adventures:)

Chris-Craig Michaels
29th Nov 2005, 01:39
Correct me if I'm wrong about the order of events. The game in which the event took place or is mentioned is listed after every entry. There used to be a timeline on the TR website, so this is what I've based it off of.

1968: Lara Croft is born on February 14. (TR1-mention)
1984: Lara goes to Cambodia with Von Croy to recover the Iris. (TR4)
1984: Lara stows away on Father Patrick's boat to the Black Isle. (TRC)
1991±: Lara visits Rome in search of the Philosopher's Stone, and runs into Larsen and Pierre. (TRC)
1995±: Lara recovers the Ark of the Covenant from its modern hidden location and restores it to the government of Israel three years later. (TR1-mention)
1996: Lara confronts Big Foot and wins world-wide publicity. (TR1-mention)
Lara travels to Peru, the Mediterranean, Egypt and Atlantis in her search for the Scion. (TR1) Unfinished Buisness and Shadow of the Cat adventures. (TR: UB) Lara goes to Russia to search for the Spear of Destiny in a sunken U-Boat. (TRC)
1996: Tomb Raider: Legend. Lara returns to Peru to visit her friend Anaya and comes up against a fellow raider and nemesis from her past in a quest for (a sword/spear) that takes her from South America to Africa to the Far East.
1997: Lara goes to China, Venice, and Tibet to recover the Dagger of Xi'an. (TR2) Golden Mask of Tornarsuk adventure in Alaska. (TR2 Gold) Lara infiltrates the VCI Headquarters and recovers the Iris. (TRC)
1998: In search of the Meteorite Stones, Lara goes to India, Nevada, London, Indonesia and Antarctica (TR3). To get the last stone, Lara travels to Scotland, England and France. (TR:LA)
1999: Lara goes to Egypt near the end of the year to recover the Amulet of Horus, and is trapped within the Great Pyramid at the turn of the Millenium while doing battle with the ancient god Set. (TR4)
2000: Lara's friends gather at Croft Manor while Von Croy searches desperatly for Lara in Egypt. (TRC) Lara escapes under mysterious circumstances and lives for some time with a North African tribe. (TR:AOD-mention)
2001: Lara moves back to her own home in Surrey but will not return to Tomb Raiding. (TR:AOD-mention)
2003: Lara flies to Paris to see Von Croy about five medieval artworks known as the Obscura Paintings. Lara defeats the alchemist Eckhart and one of the ancient shape-shifting Nephilim. (TR:AOD)

star girl
29th Nov 2005, 14:47
Catsuit and Ponytail told me that TR Legend took place before TR1. But now everything's soo confusing :confused: :confused: :confused:

StarChampagne
29th Nov 2005, 19:46
Well, Legend is supposed to be the *true* sequel to the original :confused: or something...

And Lara Croft woke up and found that Tomb Raiders II, III, IV, V AND VI had all been a dream... ;)

star girl
30th Nov 2005, 14:38
Well, Legend is supposed to be the *true* sequel to the original :confused: or something...

And Lara Croft woke up and found that Tomb Raiders II, III, IV, V AND VI had all been a dream... ;)

????? :confused: I've never felt this confused before, not even when I was practising Algebra! :confused:

Dragu Slave
1st Dec 2005, 18:33
Does anyone out there love Lara's new look?

I do. I think this is the best looking Lara yet. :thumbsup: :)

rotcehb
13th Dec 2005, 08:07
lara is lara
and this new form of she
she is very beauty VERY, Extremady,Super,Hiper beauty
but remember lara croft is forever lara croft
like the others TR we are ready for this new!

harry1
27th Dec 2005, 22:48
:) The new look is amazing.Lara is very beautiful.I want to play the new game...LARA AND BRITNEY SPEARS FOREVER.