PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you like to see the older TR games on the next gen cionsoles?

Master
6th Oct 2005, 02:02
I think they should be remade and put on the new consoles (Xbox 360,PS3,Revolution) or at least have the older games as unlockables in the newer games! :D

yesrushdt
6th Oct 2005, 02:54
I have been hoping for this very thing to happen. Looks like they're porting TR to PSP. It would be nice for the PC and consoles to get the 10th anniversary edition as well with a graphic overhaul (with the gold levels as well just for kicks :)). At the very least, it would be great if they had an unlockable level from TR1 in Legend. Just think about how cool it would be to play a level like Palace Midas with current generation graphics. Would be the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Sophia Leigh
6th Oct 2005, 03:33
As far as playstation goes, you can play PS1 games on a PS2 if you use a PS1 memory card so I'm guessing the same principle will apply to the PS3.

Shehi
6th Oct 2005, 08:51
I think they should be remade and put on the new consoles (Xbox 360,PS3,Revolution) or at least have the older games as unlockables in the newer games! :D

I have had the same wish, but I am afraid its one of impossible-to-realize wishes :( I don't think Eidos would recreate old good games...

EvilNessCroft
6th Oct 2005, 10:55
on the ps3 ! that would be so awesome! :p :D :thumbsup:

akamatt
6th Oct 2005, 20:00
No...that is just dumb. Maybe similar games with the same villans, like Natla or Sopheia, but recreating the exact same games is just not gonna happen my friend.

Mangar The Dark
6th Oct 2005, 20:03
It would seem a bit silly. I mean, if they're going to invest time into making something, then they should make something NEW.

Master
6th Oct 2005, 20:48
Well atleast it'd be cool they'd be ublockables! :D

midroth
6th Oct 2005, 21:24
The PS3 is able to play PSX and PS2 games. So why recreate them? Simply insert 'disk' and have fun. To see the WOW-Power of the PS3 with the old games, they have to program them new. Makes no sense. Better they make a pure PS3 TR! This game could bejond all games you have seen before.

Mangar The Dark
6th Oct 2005, 23:27
Well atleast it'd be cool they'd be ublockables! :D

Yeah, that would be okay. Kind of like how Prince Of Persia let you unlock a 3D version of part of the original game. So, if Tomb Raider 8 had a secret passage somewhere that led to a modified version of a classic level (like "The Lost Valley" or "St. Francis Folly"), that would be pretty cool. But I think remaking the whole game would be too time consuming, and I'd much prefer it if they devoted that time to making a new TR game with a new story.

Master
7th Oct 2005, 00:42
The PS3 is able to play PSX and PS2 games. So why recreate them? Simply insert 'disk' and have fun. To see the WOW-Power of the PS3 with the old games, they have to program them new. Makes no sense. Better they make a pure PS3 TR! This game could bejond all games you have seen before.

Not everyone is going to get a PS3...I don't even own a PS2.

midroth
7th Oct 2005, 02:45
Not everyone is going to get a PS3...I don't even own a PS2.Buy one... :D

Master
7th Oct 2005, 03:19
Buy one... :D

Why?!
I'm not that big of a fan!!!!
I'm a Xbox and a game Cube owner and soon a 360 owner.
Playstation's old! :D

midroth
7th Oct 2005, 10:12
Old? But able to play the older TR games you were asking for and many, many, more. :D The PS3 too.
XBox...phhh.

Mangar The Dark
7th Oct 2005, 13:12
Why?!
I'm not that big of a fan!!!!
I'm a Xbox and a game Cube owner and soon a 360 owner.
Playstation's old! :D

Yeah, the Xbox is definitely better than the PS2. It's bizarre, though, that so many game developers choose to release things on the technically inferior PS2 rather than the Xbox. So for that reason alone, the PS2 does have an advantage. But, still, I prefer the Xbox.

But if I were to upgrade, I'd go for the PS3, rather than the Xbox 360. Based on everything I've seen about the two consoles, the PS3 looks like it will be superior to the 360 on a technical level, and if the past is anything to go by, we can be sure there will be a lot more games released for the PS3 than the 360.

Master
8th Oct 2005, 00:38
Old? But able to play the older TR games you were asking for and many, many, more. :D The PS3 too.
XBox...phhh.

Xbox...phhh?
Playstation...Yawn!!!!
:eek:
What does it matter? It's still would be cool to play a level (or the entire game) on a new system via an unlockable. :)

As for the Playstation out doing the Xbox (again) where games are concerned it's very unlikely because Microsoft has alot more support from game companies now than they ever did. The only thing Playstation has going for it (besides backwards capibilities) are Metal gear solid , Gran Tourismo and Tekken!
Xbox has Project Gotham Racing, Dead or Alive and Mech Assault
Everything else is the same where games are concerned!! :D

Mangar The Dark
8th Oct 2005, 02:45
Xbox has Project Gotham Racing, Dead or Alive and Mech Assault

Hey, you forgot about the KOTOR series and Jade Empire! (not to mention, the BEST versions of GTA.... so what if PS2 got it first, they saved the best for last.)

Legendary Lara Croft
8th Oct 2005, 18:48
probably not. Although I would like some other version of the first part to be able to play it on XP with good sound, as it sometimes wouldn't run.
I know that some things will only run in certain systems, like PSP and we won't be able to play PSP version anywhere else. But still it should not be like "PS2 only" or "Xbox only", so that everyone can enjoy, there should always be PC version. :D

element115
9th Oct 2005, 09:50
I am one for new material and all, but I've always kind of wanted to have a modern-graphic remake of some of my favorite old levels with a couple alterations and new places to explore. it would pretty much be a whole new experience.

matt2324
10th Oct 2005, 02:53
i dont think that they should put old games on the new system unless the grafic got REALLY toched up on but i think that if legend is sucussful that they should make another 3 games so that there will be ten games mabye even more dont make a redo of a game that we have allready seen and knows what happens in the game that would take the fun out of playing it.

Telekill
10th Oct 2005, 23:21
I would love to see Tomb Raider on the Playstation 3. The graphical possibilities would be incredible.

Regardless on if Tomb Raider comes to the new Playstation I'll be buying a PS3... I would just like to see Lara come to life on the new system.