PDA

View Full Version : New website launch and screenshots!

MissLara2U
4th Oct 2005, 03:29
Just got this from Matt:

I am pleased to announce that there is going to be an update to www.tombraider.com happening tomorrow.

This is not just an addition of a few new features, but an unveiling of a brand new completely redesigned website! The launching of the new website is in celebration of the announcement that Tomb Raider: Legend is going to be released on the next generation XBOX360 console!

To give you all a heads up about what you can expect from the new website, there will be…

New Information About:

- Game features

- Storyline

- Character information

- Locations

- Lara’s Gear

- Lara’s Outfits

- The History of Tomb Raider

New Downloads!

- 2 new gameplay avis

- 2 wallpapers

- 2 aim icons

New Art & Screenshots!

- 8 PS2 screenshots

- 8 XBOX screenshots

- 5 XBOX 360 screenshots

- 2 pieces of concept art

- 34 fan art images

A new VIP section with new screenshots!

Sophia Leigh
4th Oct 2005, 03:42
Yay! Yay! Yay! :D

GoranAgar
4th Oct 2005, 08:59
And a lot of "coming soon" statements. :D

LaraAngelOfDarkness
5th Oct 2005, 03:13
And a lot of "coming soon" statements. :D

LMAO!

I do hope Eidos does keep there word this time and actually have all the stuff They have promised will be on the site this time. Although I would just like a definite release date for the game.

Alti
5th Oct 2005, 03:18
Sounds cool. I too would also like to hear about the release date! :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Oct 2005, 17:15
Is it tomorrow yet? Someone tell me when it's tomorrow so I don't miss it. :)

imported_Mark_
5th Oct 2005, 17:24
Is it tomorrow yet? Someone tell me when it's tomorrow so I don't miss it. :)
Please add me to the mailing list too.

MissLara2U
5th Oct 2005, 19:24
Live:

http://www.tombraider.com/

dhama
5th Oct 2005, 19:33
Well, the spider is pretty cool.. I played with it for at least 30 seconds...

Mangar The Dark
5th Oct 2005, 19:38
Kind of an annoying site... WAY too much animation! All I wanted to do was read a synopsis of the plot and I had to sit through loading screens just so that I could wait even longer for a little animation sequence to play. I mean, I guess it looks cool, but it gets tedious. There should be a way to pass all that stuff and just get to the content. I shudder to think how bad it will be on my other computer where I have a dial-up connection!

Anyway, aside from that-- It's good to finally see a bit about the plot. We still don't know what the artifact is, but since it's "one of history's most famous artifacts," I'm guessing it'll be something real as opposed to something just made up for the game. That's cool.

Acceber
5th Oct 2005, 20:15
I love the update.... (and am so glad I have broadband)... and the new trailers (at least, that I hadn't watched before): water!! :O I need to go back and play and listen and watch.... wow, I really love it. :D :thumbsup:

Psychopompador
5th Oct 2005, 20:20
i wish there was more gear, location, and outfit info, but I'm not complaining.

there are some gorgeous screenshots. (especially the underwater ones)

yesrushdt
5th Oct 2005, 20:53
The non-working Demo link was quite a teaser lol. Hopefully this means it's not too terribly far off (a month or so from now would be awesome).

John Carter
5th Oct 2005, 20:59
The new content was great, of course wish there had been more of it, but hey, anticipation is ...er, something or the other. But what a neat, neat fun website! The little spiders and rockfalls and other fx are just peachy! :D

enoch
5th Oct 2005, 21:01
Mother of god! I love everything about the update! I had kind of put TR to rest for the remaining of the year but seeing this!!! :eek:

CatSuit&Ponytail
6th Oct 2005, 08:29
Oh look! It's tomorrow! :D I also love the update. It's very pretty, and the pushable blocks are fun, the bugs are fun, the missing content a real tease. ;) :cool:

Shehi
6th Oct 2005, 08:38
Definitely cool update! Exceeded all my expectations, well done!