PDA

View Full Version : Is there an AI mod available

Irish2
3rd Oct 2005, 17:13
That has the AI make better units instead of just militia and also makes it more aggressive to try to take a knockout blow against the human controlled nation. I like this game, its just that its way too easy even on hard.

ForlornHope
5th Oct 2005, 13:09
Irish2,
Try tweaking the AI by reducing(considerably) the cost of unit production and the preferance of build(set miltia to zero) and research, also you can make the other countries more hostile to you at the start. By doing this I've created considerably harder games.
Here are some threads:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51894
If I did that correctly its Yorkies great posts dated 6/23 listed under
"Discription on files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3"
Hope this helps.

Irish2
5th Oct 2005, 13:51
Thanks for the thread. To be honest, I am an accountant, and not really good at programming. Is there anyway to send me a file of the changes you have made so I can just install it into my game. Thanks.

Irish

Godkin
5th Oct 2005, 14:06
I have made a mod for my personal use and it improves the gameplay a lot. If you only promise not to start attack until 1793, I can garantee a tough world for you :p

ForlornHope
5th Oct 2005, 14:27
Sure I'll be happy to but(always a caveat) its set up to play against Russia. I would need a couple hours and to know who you like to play to personalize it or I can just make it tough all the way around.
p.s. you would have to help me with my Maine state taxes though :D Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink, say no more :D :D

Godkin, I sure would be interested to see your set up as well :)

Irish2
5th Oct 2005, 15:37
ForlornHope,

If you could just make it tough all the way around, that would be great. I enjoy playing with all countries. I wonder if you could also prohibit the AI from trading research for gold and make them go after more quests, but only if it doesn't prohibit them from producing large aggressive armies of good units. Thanks for your help.

If you really need any tax questions answered, please ask.

Thanks
Irish

ForlornHope
5th Oct 2005, 23:33
Irish,
I've modded the gestion file for you, but you have to paste it over the other one. You'll need to PM me to get the address. Hope you enjoy it.