PDA

View Full Version : ACHTUNG!-How do i uninstall drivers?

theenglishdude
2nd Oct 2005, 11:17
Right im on the verge of installing the new 5.9 driver for my ATI RadeonX600 but the Imp. glory says to uninstall my old driver before installing the new :confused: how do I do this? and what will happen between old and new driver? will my old driver be able to come back if i dont keep the new one?(say from the recycle bin?)

Mike_B
2nd Oct 2005, 11:40
Right im on the verge of installing the new 5.9 driver for my ATI RadeonX600 but the Imp. glory says to uninstall my old driver before installing the new :confused: how do I do this?

Control panel/software select (ati) catalyst drivers uninstall, reboot. After that just launch the installer of the new drivers.

and what will happen between old and new driver? will my old driver be able to come back if i dont keep the new one?(say from the recycle bin?)

Since you uninstall it it's gone, the only way to reinstall it is to keep a copy of the old drivers install file.

theenglishdude
2nd Oct 2005, 12:47
sorry about so many questions
Its just all downloads and updates I do on this comp must be done covertly behind my dads back :D He hates getting ANYTHING off the web especially downloads he's heard all the old download terror tales, wont let me SELL on E-bay (tough luck i am anyway) and for about a year i had jitters when it came to turning on the computer when i was eightish (he used to shout at me never to touch the big circle button :p ) i could be good with computers otherwise ahh well :thumbsup: il always have IG

ytareh
2nd Oct 2005, 20:44
Heres what you do :Click on:Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add or remove Programs/ATi Display Driver and then just uninstall the old driver.Now when you do this you will have to restart.When you do dont panic cos the screen will look awful-low quality.Install the new driver from wherever you saved it.Now reset the screen resolution(a number value like 1024x728 or 1280x1024 or 800x640 etc-NB Probably a good idea to check what this was before you uninstall old driver :Do this by :Right click screen when on screensaver/desktop(wont work if on webpage/in game etc) then left click Properties/Settings and move slider arrow to your choice .NB Bigger is better looking for screen resolution but too big will slow down your game graphicsframe rate AND A VERY BIG BUT, if you set a value your monitor wont support the screen will be illegible.(Can be fixed easy enough but I think youve learned enough for today!)1024x768 should be safe enough

theenglishdude
3rd Oct 2005, 13:27
thats cleared it :D yeah I have a little ATI box on my toolbar which has point and click resolution change+i can invert the screen sweet so im all set hope il see you guys on the gameladder soon :thumbsup:

EDIT:WOW Iv done it now and the game detail is AMAZING!!!!!!!The detail and movement and stuff ALL LAG FREE i havent played a game without lag since AOE (or some poor games) on my computer.

Now i just gotta sort the patch but i can do that without posting hundreds of times ;)

big thanks for the help people