PDA

View Full Version : How camera's alarm call in guard?

YohnY
1st Oct 2005, 17:08
How I do in DromEd thhis:

camera's alarm call in guard? I want to guard outside the house come in the house when alarm is ringing. How I do that in dromed? Pls help...

R_Soul
1st Oct 2005, 19:47
Look at the Bank level (miss7) in the vault. You can see it from the outside because it has black bricks.

The camera's linked (ControlDevice) to a marker which has the GuardSummoner script.
It also has TrapRelay, but you won't need that unless you want the camera to also turn on a light, open a door etc.

The marker is linked (ControlDevice) to a Guard who has the script SummonableGuard.

When activated, the guard will run to the marker, so make sure the guard can actually reach it.

When you copy this setup in your own level, you must also load the miss7.osm script module - use the command script_load miss7

YohnY
1st Oct 2005, 20:18
I don't want to load any script, because my mission in complete and I am afraid, that It will mesh with some effects in it...

Can I use it withowt it?

The camera's linked (ControlDevice) to a marker which has the GuardSummoner script.
The marker is linked (ControlDevice) to a Guard who has the script SummonableGuard.

Can I use it only with this settings?

YohnY
3rd Oct 2005, 08:29
I tried this withowt loading script and it's not working.
And with script it is working. Good.
But there is a little bit problem. I have to give the Swordsman script SummonableGuard, but he has all of columns full. I tried to rewrite one of them, and he was not behaving good. So I solved it with adding two scripts windows. In one are his original scripts and in second one I delete all and type SummonableGuard... and it is working good...

Thanks...

R_Soul
3rd Oct 2005, 10:34
The four scripts that were already in the box have been inherited from the Object Heirarchy.

The correct procedure would have been to remove all 4 scripts, type in SummonableGuard and leave the 'Don't Inherit' unchecked. Therefore the 4 scripts will still be inherited.

You can't have two 'Scripts' windows. If you look at the guard's properties you'll probably find the first one (the one that had all 4 scripts) has gone and all that is left is the one containing SummonableGuard. This is what the guard should have, so don't change it now.

YohnY
3rd Oct 2005, 11:09
I didn't know this, but I still have two scripts added in my guard... I chcked it and it is working... But thanks for inherit advice... Try it yourself and you will see, that is working...