PDA

View Full Version : Burning up your Thief CD

evil Garrett
29th Sep 2005, 17:19
How can I make a back up on my Thief 2 cd? My original is already scratched and old, and certanly some day it will fly away to heaven. But anyway I need to do a copy in order to continue working on Dromed and to frame the original. I guess many of you have encountered this problem, and I hope you have ideas about it.
If someone has successfully burned his second CD, please help me out.

the one true thief
29th Sep 2005, 19:32
I'm pretty sure its illegal to make a copy of games, but some games do let you make a back-up-copy. not sure about Thief though.

Just go out and buy another one? you can get them for only £2 here now in the UK :) and you can find them in some shops like game station or GAME.

theBlackman
29th Sep 2005, 19:36
To make a copy for backup, or to use for personal use to avoid damage to the original, is allowed under "fair use" provisions of Copyright law.

To make copies and give them to friends, or distribute, free or fee, is illegal.

So make your copies of any application, game, video, DVD, or whatever you own, any time you wish. BUT DON'T LOAN THEM TO FRIENDS or give them as gifts.

evil Garrett
29th Sep 2005, 20:08
Thank you, I know it's illegal to distribute copies of software around. I need it for myself.
But the thing is there is some kind of protection on the disc I guess and the disk doesn't want to run.

theBlackman
29th Sep 2005, 21:42
READ YOUR PM. If you don't have your PM profile set to POPUP a notice when you visit the board, I suggest you do so.

evil Garrett
29th Sep 2005, 23:40
Thanks, I hope Dromed will run too.

theBlackman
29th Sep 2005, 23:44
It does for me.