PDA

View Full Version : Beware... I live..Deus Ex 3!

Unstoppable
27th Sep 2005, 07:11
http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/unstoppable/DeusEx3.JPG

Woggy
27th Sep 2005, 13:04
Very Exciting

StuartM
27th Sep 2005, 20:46
Awww, don't tease us. :eek:

Akdor 1154
2nd Oct 2005, 00:23
Aren't those just the DX:IW character models?

SDX
9th Oct 2005, 19:33
not bad DX-IW wallpaper. btw, is it possible to extract DX-IW character models already? would be great...

Mars
1st Jan 2006, 17:01
I hope if they ever do make Deus Ex 3, that it will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DXIW.
Allthough the game in itself is certainly not bad, the storyline is complete rubbish.
Best is to begin all over again,with respect for the first DXstory or do not make a sequel all together. :cool:

~¤Psychotic¤~
17th Jan 2006, 11:05
If a Deus Ex 3 was ever going to be made then I'd SO want to play it... Deus Ex 1 and 2 in my opinion were great games, why not make another one?

iunno666
19th May 2006, 04:15
alright DXIW was actually released pretty much a half done rushed piece of **** (except of course for the gfx) because eidos wanted to get it out in an unrealistic amount of time

dxfan94
8th Sep 2007, 21:54
I hope if they ever do make Deus Ex 3, that it will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DXIW.
Allthough the game in itself is certainly not bad, the storyline is complete rubbish.
Best is to begin all over again,with respect for the first DXstory or do not make a sequel all together. :cool:

how could u say that? whats up with u it was great! its soo great im writing a novel on it. and trust me it not a lie. title 2052

Spc
28th Nov 2007, 14:56
Yes we do live in Deus Ex AGE..
Check my post here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=709425&postcount=22

iWait
31st Jul 2008, 06:35
Yeah.

Tsumaru
31st Jul 2008, 06:47
Thankyou for reviving a 3 year old thread for "Yeah", iWait. I swear if that's not a violation of some kind of forum rule, I don't know what is.

iWait
31st Jul 2008, 08:09
If I wanted to troll I'd do something else. I did not have a account 3 years ago.

And are you not keeping this thread up yourself by posting a reply?

BTW: Just read the forum rules. There is no time limit to posting in their terms of agreement.

Yes we do live in Deus Ex AGE..

My post, "Yeah" is clearly a response to this.

Tsumaru
31st Jul 2008, 08:54
I never said you were trolling; I merely implied your post was useless and just clutters the forum with old posts which clearly hold no relevance. The topic of the post is them talking about the possibility of a DX3 - clearly we already know there is a DX3. It has been announced.

As for the rules...

Rule #8: Do not spam.

Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty posts, posts with few words that have no relation to the current thread of discussion, and posts that state they are spam, either to annoy or increase a member's post count. The determination as to what is spam is made by a forum moderator or admin.

Before posting, think if it is actually adding to the conversation. If it is not, it probably doesn’t need to be posted. Do not post for the sole purpose of adding post count. Although it is nice to have a high post count, the overall quality of the forums is degraded by people who abuse features such as those.

minus0ne
31st Jul 2008, 12:24
I can't even see the picture? Is that my FF3 being overly cautious or something?

DXeXodus
31st Jul 2008, 12:33
I think it is just a really old link (2005) so the source may have changed or the image removed from the source.

Tsumaru
31st Jul 2008, 14:33
I concur with our resident Universal Constructor.

Kevyne-Shandris
31st Jul 2008, 15:49
I never said you were trolling; I merely implied your post was useless and just clutters the forum with old posts which clearly hold no relevance. The topic of the post is them talking about the possibility of a DX3 - clearly we already know there is a DX3. It has been announced.

As for the rules...

Before I leave I'm going to give a tip for the community's own sake (since forum operations is what I do know, and know well): this resurrecting old threads to keep a forum "alive" doesn't work. It won't work because there's nothing to really talk about. This is how forums die on a vine everyday, doesn't matter if it's a game publisher or a kids forum.

DX attracts gamers who, for a lack of a better word, "complex". They're also tend to be quite controlling and snarky. In this environment, like the old DX community here, the negative to positive ratio is high. It's not inviting for new comers, unless they're of the same mindset. That creates a community of exactly the types that sink forums (or cause such conflicts with management that they even get irate, and sometimes just shut down the forum altogether). When the negative dynamics are over 50%, expect a ghost town of activity (no one wants to be a part of it).

Forums, like blogs exist for content. On topic and content rich threads/posts are very difficult to produce, and even more difficult to keep continuing. When a forum is more about everything else but content, the very posters you want move on (as the whole reason they are here is for it). This is exactly what I'll be doing, because content about the game and it's larger meaning means zilch here (want on topic DX3 content, but we've talked everything out, and with no new content, there's nothing TOO talk about -- and when content does emerge, turn it into a tit-for-tat like this is some spam filled Myspace page, complete with "locky, locky" tomfoolery). The final straw when you know it "jumped the shark" is the ineviable "Final Word" thread (or any of those forum games on a dead forum).

By bumping threads you just bump them, and get some replies later, but you're right back to square one, as the dynamics and the content that keeps a forum moving isn't conductive for it, nor exists.

Finally, when the forum is too top heavy, and w-a-y too much into title/thread moving for appearances, it says to members whatever they wrote is "fair game" to be moved/closed/locked/deleted, and that kills participation as well. Too many chiefs means those chiefs have to do something, and often what happens is they find anything to justify their position. That means nitpicking this aspect to the bone. It's uninviting, and it doesn't foster good will, as people aren't posting threads for their health. Sometimes they take more than 30 minutes of their time to complete, and to see it tampered with makes them upset (and your visitors will be watching all of this, to remind them, "Ack, not worth my time").

Forums aren't program projects where you prune until you get what you want, they're interpersonal dimensions with all the psychology that goes with it. Too controlling and you get stark contrasts in participation. More control= less content creation. Less control=spam. The balance is to let the natives find their way, and come in to clean up only when necessary. If that means some lint exists let it stay (and clean it up after they are pushed to page 2, for archiving). Nothing is worse than parents glaring over the neighborhood kids, and correcting them constantly.

Not that this will even matter, but I'll leave this for whoever has some bit of forum management sense.

I had it. JC went Home.

AaronJ
31st Jul 2008, 18:59
I see no picture.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Jul 2008, 19:36
I don't get Scadvid's last post? :confused:

Is it her swansong or something... has she left the forum? :scratch:

Absentia
31st Jul 2008, 20:26
It would appear so....
I don't get it at all. I though it would've been enough just to say "don't bring up old posts"
That's actually one of the most creepy posts i've ever read. just creepy in that it looks like really cleverly arranged gibberish.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Jul 2008, 21:54
It would appear so....
I don't get it at all. I though it would've been enough just to say "don't bring up old posts"
That's actually one of the most creepy posts i've ever read. just creepy in that it looks like really cleverly arranged gibberish.

LOL, yeah, I thought the same thing but bit my lip on that one. :o
I didn't want to give her an excuse for doing the usual "dear" and "trolling" bit on me, whenever I decide to question her input here, hehe. I mean, she could decide to come back any time. That's kind of scary for me.
(Not really, but its fun to imagine). ;)

I do feel that Scadvid is viewing this forum with way too much unnecessary negativity. If she isn't complaining about the lack of official news, she's complaining about the moderators and offering up advice/tips on how they might be able to do a better job, lol. She always says there is nothing to talk about any more but if she spent half of her time creating "interesting" new threads that invite and encourage discussion, instead of writing gratitous posts that just complain (about nothing), she would actually be contributing something positive here then, imo.

Anyway, it's all amusing stuff. :D

I'm feeling scared now that I've commented. I'm sure she's going to come and get me. The air feels cold already and the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck. :eek:

:D

HouseOfPain
31st Jul 2008, 23:25
Is it weird that I don't find Scadvid scary? :confused:

Tsumaru
1st Aug 2008, 00:59
=O

HouseofPain has some form of natural resistance! We must harvest his organs (especially his genitalia) for analysis.

In all seriousness though - I don't find her scary; just kind of annoying. And there is this constant threat that you know if you say anything that she doesn't agree with, she will jump in with her holier-than-thou attitude, seated firmly upon her high horse, and start lecturing. Come to think of it, even if you say something which is in perfect alignment with her beliefs, she will do the same. I suppose it's just inevitable getting a lecture from her about something.

I would like to be the nice and friendly forumite and say "sorry to see you leave", but to be perfectly honest - I am thrilled to my bones. She is perhaps the largest hypocrite I've yet seen on these forums (and there are quite a few, actually - I wonder why that is).

Now, with that out of the way, who wants to play noughts and crosses? I think you americans call it tic-tac-toe. I don't know why. Our name seems to make more sense.... Anyway, I'll go first.

X|_|_
_|_|_
_|_|

HouseOfPain
1st Aug 2008, 01:09
Noughts and Crosses? Where are you from again, Mars?

X|_|_
_|_|_
_|_|O

Touche' anyway

Tsumaru
1st Aug 2008, 01:16
Yeah, something like that.

X|_|_
_|_|_
X|_|O

HouseOfPain
1st Aug 2008, 02:50
X|_|_
O|_|_
X|_|O

Not on my watch!

Tsumaru
1st Aug 2008, 03:16
X|_|X
O|_|_
X|_|o

En garde!

HouseOfPain
1st Aug 2008, 03:21
X|_|O
O|_|O
X|X|O

I win. :rolleyes:

DXeXodus
1st Aug 2008, 04:10
I honestly don't think she will leave completely. Maybe just lurk around. After all, If you are a fan of the Deus Ex series then you have to be here to get all the news first

Don't worry MissDenton... you are safe here. Dear. :D My "heavy-handed moderation" will keep you safe ;)

As for the tic-tac-toe / noughts and crosses, I too am obviously from Mars because we in South Africa also call it noughts and crosses. In the same way that we call gas petrol. You say tomato I say tomato (doesn't quite work as well in writing :scratch: )

iWait
1st Aug 2008, 04:57

As for the rules...

=O

HouseofPain has some form of natural resistance! We must harvest his organs (especially his genitalia) for analysis.

In all seriousness though - I don't find her scary; just kind of annoying. And there is this constant threat that you know if you say anything that she doesn't agree with, she will jump in with her holier-than-thou attitude, seated firmly upon her high horse, and start lecturing. Come to think of it, even if you say something which is in perfect alignment with her beliefs, she will do the same. I suppose it's just inevitable getting a lecture from her about something.

I would like to be the nice and friendly forumite and say "sorry to see you leave", but to be perfectly honest - I am thrilled to my bones. She is perhaps the largest hypocrite I've yet seen on these forums (and there are quite a few, actually - I wonder why that is).

Now, with that out of the way, who wants to play noughts and crosses? I think you americans call it tic-tac-toe. I don't know why. Our name seems to make more sense.... Anyway, I'll go first.

X|_|_
_|_|_
_|_|

NO U!

You should all be sad to see her go, seeing as we'll lose one of the 8 people who post in these forums.

Tsumaru
1st Aug 2008, 05:22
X|_|O
O|_|O
X|X|O

I win. :rolleyes:

Damn, I dunno how I missed that!

=P

iWait, I really don't know what you were trying to emphasize with the bold. I assume you were trying to indicate I was spamming/breaking rules just as much as you; but in reality the non-bolded parts are just as much a violation as the bolded parts. So yeah.
Furthermore, I was never trying to suggest we should follow the rules fascistly, and am well aware that I have been adding little or nothing to this thread (particularly at the noughts and crosses part). However, this thread has nothing to add to the community on the whole. I basically just turned the entire thread into an off-topic post because as soon as you revived it, that's what it was. There is no room for on-topic discussion there. However a distinction between posting off-topic in current off-topic threads and taking a thread from years ago which is about the possibility of DX3 and reviving it at a time where DX3 is a certainty just to post the single word "Yeah"... well, that's in a whole class of its own.

You should all be sad to see her go, seeing as we'll lose one of the 8 people who post in these forums.
I much prefer 7 people posting nothing to 8 people posting flames because one of them is completely intolerant of everyone elses opinions and beliefs.

I honestly don't think she will leave completely.
I wouldn't be surprised if she's made another post by this time tomorrow.

iWait
1st Aug 2008, 05:32
NO U!

DXeXodus
1st Aug 2008, 05:34
Kindly grow up